Custom Grimlock

Silverbolt

The red was done with a clear red. its a see thru paint so it was ideal for the neck piece. I had to mix up the maroon. Suprised that nobody has notice how it looks somewhat similar in color to a ZOids Death Saurer. As for the "weapons" well I'm glad you like them but thats more the work of the photo then anything that I did. Your just seeing Festivus's missles on top of him in the background.

Well this custom was met with alot more excitement then I expected. Very rarely do I run into bandwith issues with angelfire. I have uploaded them to Seibertron, to correct the problem that they were having with them there as well. Since I don't want to link pictures here from there I'll just provide the link to the topic that has them. The links here should be working in the morning I believe.

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewt...pic.php?t=19514

Well according to my girlfriend I have a very good eye for colors, not to mention I'm very good when it comes to picking out presents for her.(LOL) Color selection isn't to difficult you just have to know what works together and where to apply it for it to have its greatest effect. Without the stickers I thought that a straight gunmetal Grimlock would have been to plain and using bright red while evil looking might have been to close to the orginal. Blue which I believe could have worked to protray the Lord type power I want to give the character, I believe that as a Decepticon someone with Grimlock like power wouldn't take a backseat easily so there for a royal blue would have fit, but blue is a color more associated with hero types and well that wasn't what I was going for. A maroonish dried blood red however would work well with the gunmetal color and the silver provided that more of it was applied to the figure then what Grimlock had when it concerned a third color. However this one didn't really have that much of time spent in color selection, if you look at the Zoids Death Saurer you'll see where I got the colors from. The only thing that I wish I had done differently was paint the small chest piece in the clear red, but I forgot to remove it before I dunked the gold piece in pinesol to strip it so it fogged up, not to mention that for some reason the piece had bite marks on it.

Usually though I know exactly what I want to accomplish before I make the first brush stroke.

You coulda used Armada Sideswipe's minicon, Nightbeat as repaint Grimlock's lunch. Talk about ugly, he looks like a ##$%$#ed cyclops. Shockwave can get away with sporting one eye, but that minicon is TOO fugly.

I'm sure if your girlfriend knew how ugly Armada Nightbeat is and how annoying Wheelie is, she would gladly feed them 2 rejects to Tyrant herself. :)

Well I don't have that mini-con, don't care for Armada Sideswipe. And she would to like them both, just cause nobody else does. She's evil that way. Of course it gives me a excuse to have crappy figures in my collection too just in case people mock me, like my gobots.

you know what the best part is, SILVERBOLT MADE GRIMLOCK A DECEPTICON muah ha ha @firedevil@

Oh and Silverbolt, if you have a bandwith problem or what not i uploaded the pics here to wetcanvas.com

22566-Tyrantus_bot.jpg

22566-Tyrantus_dino1.jpg

22566-Tyrantus_dino2.jpg

22566-Tyrantus_dino3.jpg