What Is Venom Vs Valor?

Velocitycobra

What is Venom VS Valor Wave 1? Is it a comic?

Venom Vs. Valor is next year's "Theme" for G.I. Joe (Like SpyTroops). We know very little about it at this except that there will be mini-comics and another DVD Movie from the makers of SpyTroops. Early speculation is that it will involve some sort of genetically enhanced sodliers (possibly with snap on monster armor type stuff). It's a scary thought, but as far as I know that has not been confirmed. There are character names like Desert Scorpion and Razorclaw that would back this up though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Brian

Thanks for telling me. That sounds kinda cool for people like me who don't like realism in their Universes.

Yeah, Hopefully they'll use snap on gear like SpyTroops so people can choose whether or not to use the "enhancements" while still getting a cool figure. I'll have to wait and see them for myself. I'm not totally against the idea as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Me too! :)

If the toys were ultra "real" with no sci-fi fun or fantasy element, we'd be collecting BBI or 21st century type stuff, and instead of COBRA the enemy, we'd have to keep it real by having taliban terrorists or street gang thugs (like BAD GUYZ) and no Vipers of many different specialties or Crimson Guards or Destro and his Iron Grenadiers.

I'm not into "war toys" or military toys in the general sense, it's strictly the highly imagineable theme of G.I.Joe ARAH/JvC/Venom vs. Valor, that makes the line of toys so fun for everyone.

I remember having the first 12" Joes, as a kid, and how I had to have ALL the different soldier outfits and gear, just like the real soldiers, and like my many uncles who were in Vietnam at the time. Later, when the Adventure Team line started, I REALLY enjoyed all the extra "adventure/fantasy" theme that came with it.

The search for the mummys treasure and the other tiger, shark, and snowman sets, that were part of it, were A LOT of fun!

If Cobra is constantly farting around with enhancing their troops with androids and genetically tampered with soldiers and lasers and space gear and flying contraptions and so on... I think the inclusion of a unit of troops with enhanced "monstrous" gear, to battle the Joes, sounds like it could be great FUN! ;)

Obviously not something that you'll put up on the display case, that features all your 1/18" scaled military toys, in the "realistic" sense, but Joes weren't meant to be kept in plastic prisons nor posed on a shelf for ever more unmoved...they're suppose to be PLAYED with! ^_^from a childs perspective, anyway @haha@

No rock solid release date yet, although it has been hypothesized that the figures may arrive as soon as December! Considering that's pretty much what happened with Wave 5 last year (the intro to "Spy Troops"), it wouldn't surprise me...but I wouldn't expect them until LATE December at the earliest.

I still think if executed properly, VvV could be a very promising endeavour, and I'm really looking forward to it's intro into the Joe fandom. I'm sure there will be some mixed reactions as always, but some fresh ideas never hurt.

Justin

Sounds like a plan... I for one got a real kick out of the Mega-Marines subset, and would love to see similar stuff... minus the silly play-doh armor, of course.

As for no action features... does anyone know why Kamakura has (A/A) next to his name? I'm fearing it may be 'Action Attack'... possibly a Ninja Force-style action feature. Any actual word here? I'd like to think I'm wrong, as I never liked the NF action features....

Sigh... I was afraid of that...

Well, here's hoping it's something like NF Slice or Storm Shadow's, which didn't interfere too much with articulation, rather than another 'I have no O-ring' Snake Eyes kicking feature.

non 0-ring

I dont like the realism either. Thats why I buy them. It just works for me. I loved the MEga Marines, and actually most fo the other subsets from the 90s. Judging form the Dessert Scorpion 12 inch proto I saw on ebay, they will have snap on armor. And if the small figure looks naythign liek ti it is going to rock huge hard ass, in my eyes. This will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Granted I haven't seen the picture in question that shows Storm Shadow as non-o ring, but it sounds like he has something that's also very different from a T-crotch from what I've heard from everyone here. It is possible that Hasbro could some way design a non o-ring pelvis joint that had even more mobility than a o-ring, and whatever freaky weirdness it had to look like, would be covered by the "skirt" on the figure. I'm just trying to be optmisic I guess. As for an action attack feature, if it just something like RAH Slice, Night Creeper V2 and Nunchuck had, it might be bearable.

Well, it looked pretty close to a "T Crotch" to me. The first time I saw the figure (even with the "skirt" on) I could tell his hips were swivel only...it made me very nervous then, and turns out my assumption was correct.

Believe me, I hope Hasbro pulls something out and actually makes this Stormy usable, but I'm not optimistic.

Justin

You're kidding me! They go and release one of the most perfect Snake-Eyes figures ever... then refuse to give us a similar Storm Shadow to go along with him! Argh! They know what the fans and collectors want... yet rather than making it and having it sell like mad, they insist they know better, and make things they know we don't like.

Even the kids didn't like most of Ninja Force when I was growing up. I had a friend who got a NF Snake-Eyes... then promptly ran it over with his bike until it broke into a million peices. His reasoning? "I wanted Snake-Eyes. That wasn't him."

Even the kids didn't like most of Ninja Force when I was growing up. I had a friend who got a NF Snake-Eyes... then promptly ran it over with his bike until it broke into a million peices. His reasoning? "I wanted Snake-Eyes. That wasn't him."

I do have to agree that many of the Ninja force figures action features made them unuseable...but there was quite a difference between figures like Snake-Eyes and Scarlett (both with TERRIBLE pelvis designs) and Storm Shadow, Slice, and Dojo. Figures like Dice, Zartan and T'Jbang still annoyed me with the swivel torso, but at least they still had o-rings.

Okay, intense hate for Hasbro has passed. I did some thinking and as long as I can open up the figure and cut the chains of the action attack, I'll be happy. As for t crotchs I'll probably be sculpting on them to make them into o-rings. I'm also looking into sueing Hasbro for ruining the Joe franchise.

I'm also looking into sueing Hasbro for ruining the Joe franchise.

LOL!

Somedays, I only wish things like that were possible...

I'll probably try to cobble something together myself... or wait another few years for another SS and hope he gets his O-ring back... I'm just ticked that I'll open the package and find that I'm still limited in how I can pose SS for battle with the uber-articulated Snake-Eyes...

I don't really see anything wrong with Non-O ring figures. CORPS figures have are swivel only and they kick the funking arse out of most Hasbro figures. While I agree that Storm Shadow should have an O Ring. Simply because he is a ninja. But with other figures I don't think they need them. How many sixty year old men do you know that can kick higher then their crotchs?

Im afraid your friend was in error. That WAS Snake-Eyes. Not a very GOOD version, granted, but Snake-Eyes nonetheless.

*slaps forehead*

You... you purposely missed the point of that... please, tell me you did.

To him, it WASN'T Snake-Eyes. I'm sure you've seen a few toys and went "What the... that isn't (insert character here)." Being a child, my friend's reaction was a more violent than an adult's generally is.

The moral of the story is that when characters that chidren like suddenly change drastically, especially thier toy forms, most kids don't like it. I for one absoutely HATED the Cobra Commander in battle armor... I still don't like him much, but he's now an 'Armor-Viper' in my ranks. Storm Shadow continuing to have no O-ring is, in my opinion, a similar case. Most fans, collectors, and even kids, will probably be running over it, at least in thier minds.

You think if I sent all the VvV figures with action attacks and T-crotches with a letter say something like; "Dear Hasbro, I have enclosed your recent insult of the following character from the Joe toy line *insert names of figures here*. As a unsatisfied customer I demand that you remake these figure under normal Joe figure articulation standards.", think they would actually remake them?