Snake Eyes / Storm Shadow Rah Repaints At

SKARAPZ

Todds absolutely correct on the figures being the cancelled parachute versions, and looking at the figures close-up, I can't see where they look "customized" or in any case, not an actual figure by Hasbro.

Now as far as the validity of the 2-pack being in ANY bonus packs from Wal-Mart, is something I'd doubt, but who knows really. I don't really care for either figure anyway.

fae7434b.jpg

fae7434b.jpg

Look at the Snake eyes, it looks like a figure from someones collection, his chest looks dull or like its been opened or just aged, and i think maybe the reason why his left arm is molded blue is because, maybe IF THIS IS A FAKE, someone replaced the arm with that?, it just looks like that Snake Eyes is aged, i think its fake, but at the same time im not sure :(

I say its fake cause half of the arm on snake eyes is blue while the rest of the figure is black and the packaging has Sgt Hacker and Scaple pictured on it. Not to mention its pretty easy to reseal packaging to make it look like its never been opened before.

These are real. Someone over at Devil's Due said he saw them at Target. He said he saw Double Blast, Low Light, and Sure Fire.

hey pit, he needs to post pics #US1#

I find it kinda we have a sighting at Walmart and Target. Is Target doing the "bonus pack" thing? I don't think we can really count the Target sighting. It is hearsay, for starters.

I thought these were going to be Walmart exclusives, hence the problem with the parachute pack, hence them NOT being done originally.

What I think might have happened was that once they got the Airborne/Tele-Viper situation straightened out (as I understand it, the same parachute problem was part of it), they got these exclusives done and perhaps this one shipped by mistake.

Looking at the pictures, I would have pegged them as Funskool toys. Considering the odd color schemes Funskool uses.

I kinda think it is legit, but was a product pmpackaged mock up, (they use already existing box art from other toys on mock ups), but for the life of me I cant figure out how it would have made it into a pruduction factory let alone get packed into a bonus pack.

I kinda think it is legit, but was a product pmpackaged mock up, (they use already existing box art from other toys on mock ups), but for the life of me I cant figure out how it would have made it into a pruduction factory let alone get packed into a bonus pack.

Simple mistake.

I'm sure that Walmart just takes the required packages and puts them into the bonus packs. In this case, it was supposed to be the Hacker vs Scalpel. It's not like the average person knows ore cares if the figures in the package are the correct figures.

It's not like the average person knows ore cares if the figures in the package are the correct figures.

Then that person would have to be the dumbest consumer in the world. I have a box of rocks I'd like to pass off as a DVD player if they're interested.

It's not like the average person knows ore cares if the figures in the package are the correct figures.

Then that person would have to be the dumbest consumer in the world. I have a box of rocks I'd like to pass off as a DVD player if they're interested.

Sorry, I guess that wasn't to clear. I wasn't talking about the consumer. I meant the people in the back who unload the boxes. The people who packaged the products in the "bonus" packs. As far as they are concerned, their job is to take it out and shelve it.

Unless they are familiar with the product, I doubt they would know the figures in the package are wrong. We, the collectors/consumers, would see what is wrong, but the store employees would not (or do not care if they DO notice).

IM gonna go with fake, but if it is real, COOL!

if it was actually in a storm shadow pack, i woudl believe it!

Sorry, I guess that wasn't to clear. I wasn't talking about the consumer. I meant the people in the back who unload the boxes. The people who packaged the products in the "bonus" packs. As far as they are concerned, their job is to take it out and shelve it.

Granted, your Walmart employee might not care, but Walmart the corporation would. This seems pretty half-assed as far as packaging goes. This could simply be a mistake; in that the card-art insert was a mishap in this particular instance, but I'd be mighty surprised if all the bonus packs looked as such.

Walmart, and whatever store, would have too much crap to deal with when there customers come back and say, "WTF?"

Still, it could be a prototype (stolen or otherwise) and a few other possibilities (fake or whatever).

We'll see.

I would get the RAH repaints themselves just for the parts and accessories. Plus, a SE without GI JOE blasted on his pants is always good.

I hope it's a fake. SS looks horrid. And red gogles for SE? :P

The both look pretty horrid. Of course, I wasn't impressed with the pictures I saw of the others (H.I.S.S. Driver, for example). I understand changing the color, but why do they have to be so weirdly colored?

alright.. after looking again, I think that these are definitely production pieces, not customs.. simply because the rivets have the correct metal hue to them, not painted, and not silver.. it looks like a Hasbro facory made these to me

Here's some replies from my source about this, make sure you read all the way through!

After seeing the first, smaller picture…

“I have no idea what the heck that thing is, but it's nothing we did “

After seeing the larger, more detailed picture…

“Funky - it may actually be one of the Wal-Mart supplement packs that were delayed because we yanked the parachutes out. I didn't they had made any of them. The inside card (hacker/Scalpel) clearly shows that this is not something that went through our QA, so it's probably a "stolen" FEP out of the factory. Do you know how this was obtained? “

After reading about where it was obtained and a list of the weapons…

“That sounds like a pack we were planning but actually cancelled to rework because of the parachute problem. The wrong graphics makes me think that he got a screw-up by accident....I'd be very surprised if there were a lot of these out there.“

That's the information I have so far, I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

Jeff

From Quick Kick Theatres' news page:

Stores: Thanks to Louis Colli of G.I.Joe: The Internet Comic for the following report about the Value Packs: "I saw you posted a news item with a picture of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow in Spy Troops packaging, and I wanted to tell you I also saw these bizarre packs this weekend, but at a local Target. They are packages from the recent wave (I saw Lady Jaye/Iron Grenadier, Destro/Grunt, and Wide Scope/BAT packages), but with figures from the Real American Hero repaints in them instead. For instance, one package had Low Light and Surefire, another had Double Blast in it (with the new sculpt Beach Head repaint, even stranger). These were unopened packages, and none of the figures had weapons with them."

The 'no weapons' thing is a little boggling, since we can clearly see some in the SE/SS pack... Using the packaging from other figures is also very odd... but apparently they are real.

EDIT: Okay, I guess I post to slowly... :) I think I'll head to Wal-Mart later and give the bonus packs another once-over...

From Quick Kick Theatres' news page:

Stores: Thanks to Louis Colli of G.I.Joe: The Internet Comic for the following report about the Value Packs: "I saw you posted a news item with a picture of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow in Spy Troops packaging, and I wanted to tell you I also saw these bizarre packs this weekend, but at a local Target. They are packages from the recent wave (I saw Lady Jaye/Iron Grenadier, Destro/Grunt, and Wide Scope/BAT packages), but with figures from the Real American Hero repaints in them instead. For instance, one package had Low Light and Surefire, another had Double Blast in it (with the new sculpt Beach Head repaint, even stranger). These were unopened packages, and none of the figures had weapons with them."

The 'no weapons' thing is a little boggling, since we can clearly see some in the SE/SS pack... Using the packaging from other figures is also very odd... but apparently they are real.

The ones at target i am very sure is poeple just putting in old figures for the new ones

The ones at target i am very sure is poeple just putting in old figures for the new ones

That sounds like the most logical explanation.

The Walmart set was most likely a mistake and considering how rabid fans are for new stuff, we would have seen more if there were any by now.

The Target packs sound like people making replacements, like you said. There were reports of things like that with Transformers. Something about a G2 Megatron in the BW packaging or something similar.

Hey, god knows I wanted to do that... I bought a few bonus packs to get the deluxe figures I missed out on, planning to return the extra two-packs, then realized after I got them home that the packs all have stickers inside the bubbles, and I have no talent at resealing figures...

Ah well. I'm sure I can find plenty of uses for another Beach Head, Sand-Viper, Kamakura, and Night Creeper... Like a new Night Creeper Leader... oooh... Excuse me while I tear into these...

I don't think people are gonna take the time to try and open the surrounding plastic and then open a 2 pack to replace the figures and then try and reseal everything back up again...

I also think if you ask Hasbro about this then of course they will say the are factory defects or whatever to get everyone out there looking and buying more of these value packs...