Would G1 Have Done Well

SKYWARP

at that time, i think the toys would still have been a good seller. the thing is, without the cartoon, i don't think it would have much appeal in the collectors market as it is competing with newer toy lines. i doubt they would have reissues without some sort of series to back it up. character appeal does make a difference.

Absolutely not. The Machine Wars line didn't do very well did it. Why? Because there was no interests for it by the media. That line just came and no one heard about it. If there is no television and comics talking about it then we fans will just forget about it. Like my friend said we only buy Transformers that appeared on TV.

Machine Wars was a KB exclusive, that line is irrelevent. Yes I believe they still wouldve sold well just because of the nature of the line. The idea was to combine two popular genres, robots and cars. Also they did have the tech specs, which means there was at least some form of story with each character.

Any toy that has someone in the media say "this is THE hot item this season!"

Then the dumb people go after it for some reason. :)

(1000!)

Does anybody know of any toy lines that have done really well without a comic or cartoon backing them? I can't think of any right off hand.

Well.....Barbie's success wasn't due to a cartoon.

But I agree and think that the cartoon helped (big time) the toys get exposure.

First post... ignore the nubee aura surrounding me, I liked this post topic though, so it's a good time to reveal my hiddenself....

Toy EVERYONE owned that back in the day had no comic or cartoon support: Matchbox Race Cars and Accessories/Race & Stunt Tracks

Transformers without G1 Cartoons chances of success? Doubtful but not impossible.

Why?

Toy buisness money making math 101

p - make a great cartoon (true)

q - kids watch cartoons (true)

r - kids want to play with toys of there favorite things

If Hasbro/Takara makes a rockin' cartoon show THEN kids will watch it AND want to buy the toys... hence forth $$$

If p then q^r = true

(I think I did that right, didn't I???)

Without the G1 cartoon, this forum and my first posting tonight, most likely wouldn't exist...

Gotta love the matchbox and hotwheels.

And welcome out of hiding Skywarpsghost.

How do you think the line would have run if they had shown the Headmasters series,or even Masterforce.

I always wondered why they ended the show with that cheap american(The Rebirth) version of Headmasters

Eb I've wondered that often myself. I wish we could have got all those episodes. It's no telling....