New Prototype On Ebay

SNAKEEYES_1998

This is a lame move by the companies and a lamer move by the site owners and operators who agreed to it. It's my opinion and I will stick to it. I haven't heard any opinions by people who agreed to this that has swayed my opinion yet, but if someone "in the know" wants to give it a shot I'm all ears.

You don't get it....Copyright law is clear about this stuff. Hasbro or any toy company "owns" those images until the product is released, then they can be displayed under "fair use".

Hasbro and other toy companies have legal precedent to try and prevent these "leaked" images from circulating.

For Jay and other site admins, it's easy. If you host it and get caught, a nice "Cease and Desist" email or letter appears and you either comply or the horde lawyers descend on you.

It's a very simple choice....

I don't really agree with some of these companies putting the hammer down, however they have every right to protect their property, intellectual or physical.

Fred,

I am not going the "take it up with the company route" as I already

said. The fact of the matter is there is nothing illegal about showing the picture. This is a grey area that the toy companies are getting alittle too upity with. If they don't want us looking at their images than have better security. I have a problem with ANY toy company (not just Hasbro) that tries to muscle their way in telling us what we can and can't see. If someone was to take a picture and show it to me and then I showed it to a bunch of other people, is that illegal? Will Hasbro "come for me". By showing the picture to more than one person either by the internet or by person to person in person it accomplishes the same thing.

This is a lame move by the companies and a lamer move by the site owners and operators who agreed to it. It's my opinion and I will stick to it. I haven't heard any opinions by people who agreed to this that has swayed my opinion yet, but if someone "in the know" wants to give it a shot I'm all ears.

You don't even care that this stuff is STOLEN, do you? Are you so hard-up for Joes that you'll turn to the black market of thieves to get or even see them? It's not that we're seeing pics of early releases; it's that we're seeing pics of something stolen from Hasbro. They have rights to their property, whether you like it, and sites complying is a hell of a lot better than dealing with the lawyers. Sure you can act so bold and defiant, but when you're being harassed by lawyers it's easier said than done. The filing a "cease and desist" can cost a site a couple of thousands of $$'s if they feel like sticking us with the court costs and lawyer expenses, which they have yet to do thank God. For what? Just so you can see a pic a few weeks early before a finalized version is ready? Not worth it. If you think it is, then you don't have the slightest clue as to what kind of legal machine you're dealing with.

Amazing how all ethics and morals fly out the window when we're dealinng with children's toys.

Guest DavAnthony

Guys copyright law is also clear about making copies of movies, Cd's and audio tapes. I know that at least 99.9% of us have done that at some point in our lives. Stealing pens an pencils from work is "illegal" also. My point is that there varying levels of "illegal" things.

Somethings woul be absurd to prosecute someone for. My OPINION is that Hasbro and other toy companies are essentially trying to prosectue site owners and fans who look at these pictures. In my opinion it as if they are trying to prosectue the people who haven't taken the pens and pencils from work but may of talked to the person or possibly looked or used that pen at work. If they want to crack down on this TIGHTEN their security. It is not our responsiblity to be their security guards, THAT is theirs. Now I know you disagree with my thougths and that is your right. But I respect your thoughts all I ask is you do the same.