Savagesoundoff.net?

prozac

What's the deal with this place now? You gotta apply for membership even if you were already signed up? I "applied" and got denied. Not that I care that I got denied, just curious why. I only lurked and had maybe 10 posts. If anyone here is a member there, point them to this thread. Curiosity has gotten the best of me this time...

Since apparently he cut the membership down considerably from those who were already members, he has a set idea of who he wants to visit his board.

I don't support his changing his board from all-inclusive to what it is now, but when one puts their own money into a project, they can do what they choose with it, I suppose.

I'm still a member there, for what it's worth.

I can definately understand if he's trying to keep spammers/trolls etc out, but lurkers? @rolleye@ Maybe I could sue for net descrimination @loll@

lol good luck on that one man, if it means anything he doesnt like me lol, oh well, i was a member, its ok i have this place as my home. #US1#

<_< I swear.. if ADC/TNI ever goes this geeky on us, I'm DONE I tell ya..DONE! Not collecting G.I.Joes mind you, just trying to have some discussion and such with OTHER fans and collectors, and customizers, and dio-makers and what have you.

Freaking goober nerds, playing in their backyard with some toys, wanting everyone to PLAY the way THEY think the storyline should go, and kicking the non-agree'ers out of their yard, so just their 5 BESTEST.. "think like each other".. buddies, can do their thing. @smilepunch@

While perfectly in their right to do so, at the end of the day, they're still NERDS! Power-trippin' nerds at that, and a growing trend amongst many of the boards lately, so I'm seeing.

I wonder who will want to adverstise their sights on this board now? Seems like a risky manuever, that could lose some revenue for advertising these banners to..uhh, members who already know about them.

I wonder if PAID memberships will ever become necessary in the future? Of course if I was PAYING to be a member, I'd fully expect to say ANYTHING I damn well please. :D

I've only ever posted at 2 other Joe forums, and the alt.toys.gi-joe.1980s board, and never did visit the Savage boards forums but on a few occasions, and to be honest, the discussions really are USUALLY darn near the SAME everywhere, and are from the same people.

About the only difference here, is that when the few folks who wish to come on strong about how "pathetic the community is becoming" in the joe collectors world, and want to come in and overly defend the many complaints about the toys (rather than simply state why they disagree and rather like what you obviously DON'T) and try to make us feel as though everyones just being ingrateful and stubborn and they claim to be "insiders" with all the facts...well, they're not too particularly well received, and then it becaomes a GROUP problem! :rolleyes:

I likes it here just fine...lurkers and all!

Im still in there. I think he wants to weed out the imature joe fans..is all. AND keep track of the ones he has as members. There are some real ding dongs among GIJoe fans. @hmmm@

so hes the man to weed out the undesireable mmmm i think that someone have taken a joecustoms project a bit to much to heart .

so any one that disagreas with him or you is a ding-dong????

well then the of ding-dongs have one thing to say. @PContest@

i dunno what to say about this kinda thing really???? VH does have a point... who didnt know a kid that if you didnt play his way..you got kicked out! there is a really sad trend happening lately with the different boards and it all leads to one place.......the place i was before the internet! a collector with no one to talk with! we all could grow up a bit i would think? and as my mom would say as she called out the back door.....

"hey...you boys play nice!"

as far as not being a member of the savage club.....i wouldnt cry about it! let them have there lurker free society, and when they run that into the ground we'll be here for em' and we'll take em' in no questions asked. the thing that makes the boards fun is variety, and all the weird,interestingand cool people you talk to that you probably never would otherwise. i say bring on the GZ's,the durst's, the crazy drummers the TOM"S and the viper hunters! bring em' cause im a better person for having known and interacted with them. even though some of them were a pain in the ass!

when the kid ran everybody off with his rules. he stood there alone..crying i was always the kid to say "hey why dont ya come over to my house and play!" and i would tolerate it when he'd make cobra commander fly???? why not!

that is all

Toiletmonkey

I can log-in still. If you're a member and is having problems, try logging in and out and out and in or something like that. Also, make sure your ID and PASS is correct (not sure if it's case sensitive or whatever).

My board settings are kinda wacky; I gotta keep logging in after a few hours (probably has something to do with cookies or something of that nature).

so any one that disagreas with him or you is a ding-dong????

well then the of ding-dongs have one thing to say. @PContest@

No. Im not really friends with him. Im talking about really really immature people- spammers and trouble makers. I did mean anything offensive by it. BUT if you want to fight. I love to debate. ANd I love to bloody my knuckles on your face. BUT I dont fight over plastic little dolls. oh sorry action figures.

Im still in there. I think he wants to weed out the imature joe fans..is all. AND keep track of the ones he has as members. There are some real ding dongs among GIJoe fans. @hmmm@

lol, are you calling me imature dogg? @firedevil@

i dunno what to say about this kinda thing really???? VH does have a point... who didnt know a kid that if you didnt play his way..you got kicked out! there is a really sad trend happening lately with the different boards and it all leads to one place.......the place i was before the internet! a collector with no one to talk with! we all could grow up a bit i would think? and as my mom would say as she called out the back door.....

"hey...you boys play nice!"

as far as not being a member of the savage club.....i wouldnt cry about it! let them have there lurker free society, and when they run that into the ground we'll be here for em' and we'll take em' in no questions asked. the thing that makes the boards fun is variety, and all the weird,interestingand cool people you talk to that you probably never would otherwise. i say bring on the GZ's,the durst's, the crazy drummers the TOM"S and the viper hunters! bring em' cause im a better person for having known and interacted with them. even though some of them were a pain in the ass!

when the kid ran everybody off with his rules. he stood there alone..crying i was always the kid to say "hey why dont ya come over to my house and play!" and i would tolerate it when he'd make cobra commander fly???? why not!

that is all

Toiletmonkey

Well said TM! I find the variety in opinions just as interesting as the variety in customs we can do, or the differences in interpretation of the basic storyline (or canon) of the G.I.Joe mythos.

@hmmm@ how many fits have been thrown over the Comic book vs. Cartoon fiasco? ARAH vs. JvC?

Spamming, trolling or starting flamewars all the time is one thing, but I'm seeing some issues taken against people for just plain disagreeing with the "powers" that be on issues of conduct and against anyone with a reluctance to give a goofy grin and thumbs up to every stupid thing Hasbro has a tendency to screw up on occasion, which even in itself, is totally subjective to each individuals personal feelings...never unanimous.

When I was a kid, I had the rejects over to my house as well (aka the kids who make CC fly..LOL) #US1#

I only lurked and had maybe 10 posts. If anyone here is a member there, point them to this thread. Curiosity has gotten the best of me this time...

As I understand it, lurking is no longer allowed. You need to post more often to be/stay a member [during the house-cleaning they did]. I read that over at the DD boards.

I think it cost more money or whatever the more members you have at EZ Boards. Which I think is stupid. EZ Boards is so greedy. @firedevil@

I only lurked and had maybe 10 posts. If anyone here is a member there, point them to this thread. Curiosity has gotten the best of me this time...

As I understand it, lurking is no longer allowed. You need to post more often to be/stay a member [during the house-cleaning they did]. I read that over at the DD boards.

I think it cost more money or whatever the more members you have at EZ Boards. Which I think is stupid. EZ Boards is so greedy. @firedevil@

Well the lurkers can't find that out cause we cant get on the damn boards to read it.

Well...I have to admit that I occassionally browsed over SgtSavage.net quite a few times and I enjoyed reading other Joe fans' opinions.I did join the board but ended up posting only two or three times...I just didn't really care.

The members there I'm sure are nice people,but they don't seem very open-minded...they go along a "follow the leader" type of path with their opinions in my mind.When I read some comments about the JvC figures, they were worshipping them and praising some of the worse JvC figures ever to be released...and it seemed like no one at all spoke out against them!

They also don't seem to take negativity and understand its purpose in a manner that we ADC/TNI'ers do.If we see something we don't like,we'll let everyone know...but I remember seeing a thread by one of the Board's mods stating that there was TOO MUCH negativity going around on the board....huh?About what?The TOYS?Who cares?Not everything Hasbro has put out is a freakin' golden idol...are they afraid to admit that?

I don't know,it just seems like a stupid thing to do and it might hurt the forum in the end.It's not very welcoming to newer Joe fans or returning Joe fans,it looks like they just want to keep their inner circle and that's it.

Oh well...if that's what they want to do....so be it.