Status Of G.i.joe Actors

Bespin refugee

I don't know if anybody else is interested, but, after reading the discussion of Spy Troops (the voice actors), I was curious how many of the RAH cast they could have used. This is what I found.

[from IMDB; animation/video game = voice work]

Michael Bell [Duke]; last noted work :animation, video games(2003), Detroit Docona (tv, 2004)

Arthur Burghardt [Destro] last noted work: animation, video game (2002)

William Callaway [beach-Head] last noted work: animation voice (1993)

Brian Cummings [Dr. Mindbender] last noted work: Videogames (2003)

Zack Hoffman [Zartan]; last noted work: GIJoe- 1984, The Fugitive (tv series) 2000

Chris Latta (1949-1994)[Cobra Commander] noted work: original actor for Starscream(Transformers) and Mr. Burns (Simpsons)

Morgan Lofting [baroness] last noted work: GIJoe (1990)

Bill Ratner [Flint]; last noted work: tv voice work (2002)

Neil Ross [Dusty, Shipwreck]; last noted work: various video games (2003)

B.J. Ward [scarlet] last noted work: video game voice (2003)

Keone Young [storm Shadow] ; last noted work: Legally Blonde 2 (2003)

Frank Welker [Wild Bill]; last noted work: various animated/video game voices (2003-2004)

actually, Chris Latta is dead.. and he didn't play Moe.. he played Mr.Burns in one episode of Simpsons

but yeah.. they REALLY REALLY REALLY F*cked up that movie with those horrible voices.

they defininetly should have used Michael Bell.. he is also the voice of Raziel in the Legacy of Kain video game series.. in Soul Reaver 2, they have extras and you can see him doing the voice work for the game.. I immediately recognized him as the voice on lots of my favorite cartoons

actually, Chris Latta is dead.. and he didn't play Moe.. he played Mr.Burns in one episode of Simpsons

My bad; IMDB apparently slipped up, they have "Moe" listed in his bio and "Mr Burns" under his credits.

I knew Chris had died, I didn't know how to make it more 'obvious'; now 'highlighted'

I had no idea "Roadblock" was the guy from Matlock?!

I like this site:

http://www.joeheadquarters.com/vo/index.shtml

No problem :) Until recently, I had no idea.

I found some pretty interesting voice actor cross-referencing sites:

http://www.voicechasers.org/index1.html

http://voices.fuzzy.com/default.asp

It's missing some names here and there, but, it's kinda cool to see where else various actors have been used.

Now I'm going to have to go back and check early Simpsons just to catch and see how different the voices sound.:)

Anyways, I'm sure that there are reasons on who they picked. I know Frank Welker hasn't shown any interest in TF so probably wouldn't have had interest in Joe either. As for the others, who knows.