Marvel's Supreme Power

ext1jvs

Has anybody been reading Supreme Power? I think it's a great book that I enjoy reading every month, however I feel that issue #2 could have been told in issue #0 because the stories had nothing to do with our main hero! That's my only beef with issue 2. So I guess that Marvel is trying to do their take on the DC Universe, first you have Superman our main character, then you have the African American that his parents where shot when he was a child (possible Batman), the child that was born underwater (Aquaman), the military guy who harnessed the crystal (green lantern), the woman who the kids gave the food too (possible wonder woman). What do you guys think?

Has anybody been reading Supreme Power? I think it's a great book that I enjoy reading every month, however I feel that issue #2 could have been told in issue #0 because the stories had nothing to do with our main hero! That's my only beef with issue 2. So I guess that Marvel is trying to do their take on the DC Universe, first you have Superman our main character, then you have the African American that his parents where shot when he was a child (possible Batman), the child that was born underwater (Aquaman), the military guy who harnessed the crystal (green lantern), the woman who the kids gave the food too (possible wonder woman). What do you guys think?

I have really been enjoying the book too! I think that with issue 2 not centering just on Hyperion means that the book is intended to be more of a JLA type of thing with several hereos at the forefront.

I too noticed the similiarities to the DC universe. We basically have The Flash (fast runner in the first issue), Green Lantern (that military dude), Wonder Woman (the old "princess" thing in the dungeon), Superman (hyperion), Batman (Nighthawk), AND Aquaman (weird mutant baby thing). I think that the similiarities are intentional. The format of the book is to more focus on a realistic world being introduced to fantastic super-heroes.

Anyway, I'm totally on-board with this title and I hope it goes on strong!

I too noticed the similiarities to the DC universe. We basically have The Flash (fast runner in the first issue), Green Lantern (that military dude), Wonder Woman (the old "princess" thing in the dungeon), Superman (hyperion), Batman (Nighthawk), AND Aquaman (weird mutant baby thing). I think that the similiarities are intentional. The format of the book is to more focus on a realistic world being introduced to fantastic super-heroes.

No offense to anyone but, doesn't anyone know that that is what the Squadron Supreme were based off of in the 70's and 80's? And, that's what Supreme Power is based off of. The old SS series.

No offense to anyone but, doesn't anyone know that that is what the Squadron Supreme were based off of in the 70's and 80's? And, that's what Supreme Power is based off of. The old SS series.

riiiiiight.....

and the old SS was in turn based on the JLA of time....