Anyone See The Preview For Kill Bill...

Nguyen_Dragon

I'm very stoked about this movie. Uma Thurmon has gone through great lengths to hone her own personal fighting abilities to further enhance this movie, and I have faith Tarentino's determination to make this movie a sucess.

BigBot, the movie is indeed two parts. "Volume I", as they call it, will be premiering next month, and "Volume II" will come out February.

Looks like some gory s**t.

That katana used to full effect!

after seeing the trailer i was a bit surprised at just how "hong kong" he's made this movie. the visual stylings, super action, and special effects, i just wasn't expecting. not that i see it as a bad thing at all, i was surprised in a good way. looks like it'll have ass kickings aplenty. it's tarantino, so i doubt it will disappoint. i, for one, am very excited to see it. :D

diesel

after seeing the trailer i was a bit surprised at just how "hong kong" he's made this movie. the visual stylings, super action, and special effects, i just wasn't expecting. not that i see it as a bad thing at all, i was surprised in a good way. looks like it'll have ass kickings aplenty. it's tarantino, so i doubt it will disappoint. i, for one, am very excited to see it. :D

diesel

What i didnt know about tarantino before i read up on him was that he is a big hong kong martial arts fan... iron monkey is one of his all time favorites... if you have not seen this movie i recommend it... and does any one notice his reference to bruce lee by having uma thurman wear a yellow jumpsuit...

and does any one notice his reference to bruce lee by having uma thurman wear a yellow jumpsuit...

yeah, i definitely noticed it. :) but, if you wanna see a funnier nod to the yellow jumpsuit, you gotta see shaolin soccer. ;)

and yeah, iron monkey is awesome. though it's been quite a few years since i've seen it. i might have it recorded on tape somewhere, i should watch it again. 'specially since i'm a huge fan of donnie yen.

diesel

• 4 weeks later...
I heard somewhere that this movie is based on a manga title or something. True?

I was thinking about this and I remember on the Pulp Fiction commentary Quentin and Uma said they came up with the idea while filming Pulp Fiction. I infer from that that it is its own idea. I can be wrong though.