Jason Todd?

catter

To be honest, I really haven't followed the Robin character since Dick had the role. If I can ever find A Death in the Family, I'll be able to see for myself.....I am gradually getting into Teen Titans so that'll be a good chance for me to see the Robin character

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havnt read a DC comic in a long time. And today, I decided to pick up the newest issue of RObin. I had read some good things about it and decided to try it. I have read the Bat books off and on for the last 15 or so years. I have read a lot of the older stuff with Jason and Dick. After reading RObin 121, I have come to the conclusion that Tim is the best RObin. IMO. This is mainly due to the writing in the issue. It helps portray him as an extreamly believable character. SOmething I cant say a lot of for DC comics in the past few years. Sorry but I am a Marvel man at heart. But I know at least for now I will be reading Robin. Can someone tell me how long this creative tema has been on the book? And how long they plan to stay? Also, IMO, it is Bruce who dosnt trust Tim. Not the other way around.

Thats no suprise. Pointy-ears trusts NOBODY. The whole "Tower of Babel" incident proves this pretty well, as the entire world was almost plunged into chaos because he deemed himself judge, jury and executioner of even teammates who trusted him.

Tim nearly died to keep Bruce's secret, but Bruce turns around and tells Spoiler Tim's secret in order to find him.

I think he told Spoiler Tims secret because he is slowly warming up to her...it took Bats a long time to warm up to Huntress ( he still is trying), and if Spoiler is gonna fight crime hed rather have her playing on his team then doing it on her own, plus Bruce knows how Tim feels for Steph

Alfred, Tim, Jason, Dick, Barbra, Bane, Ra's, Leslie Thompkins, Hush, Riddler, Azreal, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Batgirl ( Cassandra Cain), Catwoman, thats all i got at the moment...funny for a dark family secret a lot of people know

Some have speculated that the Joker might know it, even if its just subconciously. Bats yelled "You killed JASON!!!" at him, and he nearly beat the Joker to death over the death of his friend. And the Joker KNEW who Bats was beating him over. You dont really need to be a detective to be able to put 2+2 together and figure out that Bruce Wayne had close relations with people Batman displayed extreme anger over. And an episode of BTAS showed Joker KNOWS how to research peoples backgrounds when he tracked down some ordinary guy under the Federal Witness Relocation Program to blackmail him into doing his bidding. Joker is many thing, but stupid and inobservant do not count amoung them.

Not that it matters since Joker considers Batman to be the REAL person and anything under the cowl to be the mask.

Even if Joker did know he wouldnt do anything to harm Bruce Wayne because he wants to torment and kill Batman. In Jokers sick mind its Batman he wants not Bruce even thought they are one in the same.

Spoliers if you havent seen Return of the Joker

I liked the idea they used with the Batman Beyond Return of the Joker movie...how he got Robin and got all the secrets out to get at Batman, and in turn used the secret to fully get at him

i've been out of the loop for a while here, has anything else been mentioned about jason in recent batman comics? or is this just going back to what happend in hush? and hush 2 should be coming about after lee finishes his superman stint, maybe then we will find what happened to jasons remains

I believe it was Chazz who said that Tim wasn't the better Robin because he isn't as commited to fighting crime as Dick and Jason were and also, that he couldn't see Tim assuming the Batman mantle in the future. I agree with Chazz, but I have to argue that this is why Tim IS the better Robin.

I think Batman is the greatest costumed character in comics because IMO he portrays the best and the worst in comic book heroes. He is the best because he is unbeatable: no adversary can defeat him, and if he puts his mind to it he can defeat just about anybody. However, he is the worst because there is one person he cannot defeat...HIMSELF. He is obsessed with his continuous war on crime and it's a war he will eventually lose because the character will someday die and crime will still be taking place (it's an unfortunate part of human nature). For him, there really isn't a life outside of the Batcave, which is the home of his real self...Wayne Manor is the headquarters of his false identity (Bruce Wayne). In the end, Batman is in serious need of psychiatric help, much like the foes he battles.

I think Tim is the best Robin because he is not as consumed by this war as his predecessors were, and because he doesn't blindly believe in Batman. Tim can see how this obsession has consumed Bruce, and how it will never let him go...and that's something he will not allow to occur for himself. The fact that he can be thought of as having a life after the Dark Knight is another bonus to the Tim character. It makes for a more realistic and enjoyable character.

I have an opinion on the subject of who knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, and I was wondering what you all thought.

I think Harvey Dent/Two-Face knows Batman's real identity. I think he had a much bigger role in the Hush story line than was shown. I think as Bruce Wayne's former closest friend, and one of Batman's worst enemies, it would be impossible for Dent not to know.

IMO the reason he's never acted upon this knowledge is because of the duality of his personality and feelings. As Dent, he has feelings of love and friendship for Wayne and doesn't want to see any harm to come to his old friend. Also, Dent is a former partner of Batman in the fight against crime. The two of them along with Jim Gordon, were the three to start the battle against police corruption and against organized crime in Gotham City.

However, as Two-Face he abhors Batman and everything associated with the Caped Crusader. If this hatred was left unchecked, it would easily lead Two-Face to murder Batman or his posse, without the need of his decision-making crutch (his scarred coin).

This conflict in feelings and personas does not allow him to take advantage of his knowledge of Batman's secret identity. I wouldn't be surprised if in the second Lee/Loeb run we find out that Dent was truly Hush or at the least the one who gave Hush all the information on Bats.

Yeah, he calls Jason a soldier-- But he is constantly talking about Dick as his FRIEND. It's pretty obvious that he preferred Dick

Am I the only one that laughed out loud when reading this post?

hahaha... I don't mean to be immature, but you gotta admit that's darn funny wording.

: HardRockBatman00 (Posted on Dec 30 2003, 02:06 AM)

Outstanding point Nash! couldnt have said it better myself...on both points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey HardRockBatman00,

Coming from ADC's Dark Knight himself, I'll take this as the utmost complement :D

I think Tim is the best Robin because he is not as consumed by this war as his predecessors were, and because he doesn't blindly believe in Batman.  Tim can see how this obsession has consumed Bruce, and how it will never let him go...and that's something he will not allow to occur for himself.  The fact that he can be thought of as having a life after the Dark Knight is another bonus to the Tim character.  It makes for a more realistic and enjoyable character.

i see what your saying Nash but i gotta disagree. i think Tim is the worst robin out of the two because he's to busy worried about getting chicks and hanging out with his friends. in the last issue were Tim says he's through being robin that was the first thing he thought of. to me, there is no room for a social life when taking on such an important role. you have to be fully commited, you can't go in there half ass with your mind thinking about the date you had last night. Tim is in it more for the thrill than anything else IMO. which there's nothing realy wrong with that but people usualy just doing something for a thrill are easily persuaded to give it up or lose intrest all together. i think to do what they do they has to be an obsession behind it. there has to be something that makes them go out all bruised and beaten day in and day out trying to fight a battle they know they will never win. Tim is smart in realizing this so he doesn't let it consume him, which just probably makes him a better person but not a better robin.

as far as Tim doubting and questiong batman alot, i hate it. he should always trust in batman because he's the one who set the standards for all of them. if he doubts him even a little he shouldn't be serving underneath him. he is the symbol to what the rest are trying to aspire to be like. if he's not totaly loyal to batman he should go solo. they have to have something to believe in, if somebody who's dedicated his entire life with an inhuman drive to fight crime like batman can turn into a murder than what does that say about the people who serve underneath him?

Chazz you will never love Tim...

@lol@ now that's not true! i don't want it to seem like i don't like Tim because in fact i do. as a matter of fact the story "a lonely place of dying" story was what got me collecting batman hardcore again after jason died. if it wasn't for them bringing in Tim i'd probably wouldn't be collecting batman comics right now. but things that tim has done lately has realy pissed me off. when Tim came he was all wide eyed full of admiration and eager to please batman, now he's like "whatever". i just think he's lost his "faith" in bruce lately. they need to do an issue to show that Tim still cares for bruce IMO.

i hear ya bro...maybe Tim is really burnt out...the way things are going with the Teen Titans, and the Bruce is pushing him harder than ever...Tim is probly just getting all eh...which isnt good, but ergo he is only a kid and kids get all weird sometimes under pressure. TAS Tim is way differnt than the comic Tim. TAS Tim is the Tim which you want to see in the comics.