Crimson 3 Pack @ Entertainmentearth.com

Outsiders

This isn't the Night Landing, you know. As far as I can remember, this raft doesn't have an outboard motor, nor a machine gun.

You're right. Someone mentioned it was the Night Landing Craft. It apparently is not. But it does have a mount for something on one end.

What the hell is this thing? Anyone know what it was originally?

The raft being used for the set here, is from the 30th anniversary set from 1994 and came with the ACTION MARINE figure here..

http://www.yojoe.com/action/94/marine.shtml

That hole in the front, had the clip you snapped into it, but I never did figure out what the hell snapped into the clip then.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Viper!

Maybe you could snap or at least rest that super archaic M1 Garand [or whatever the hell it is] onto the clip. :unsure:

Anyway, I hope they let you mount something useful there. Either a motor, flashlight or a machine gun/weapon. Something... anything.. other than a useless clip.

yeah dude.. that raft sucks compared to the night Landing raft.. how can anybody mix the two of them up?

22272-raft.jpg

lol The Night Landing was about 10 years older than that raft back in 94 and it was 10 times better and still is.

Draven #US1#

Thanks, Viper!

No problem. :)

22272-raft.jpg

The original Night Landing Raft certainly was an incredibly detailed and awesome raft, and definitely would have carried all THREE of the figures, where the little rinky-dink one that comes with them, barely holds ONE!

Throwing this stuff together, without concern of ACTUAL usefulness or playability, like this, seems to be common anymore. :huh:

I've thought about it, and I've decided that Hasbro is NOT going to add the symbol. They haven't used that method of a applying a Cobra symbol on any of the new figures. They either have a small Cobra emblem on their arm or a molded emblem. I would bet money that these won't have the big Cobra emblem on their chest.

I read on some forums that fans asked Hasbro at one of the conventions about the missing Cobra logo and Hasbro claimed they were going to put it on for sure. This is just net talk, of course. Knowing Hasbro's past record, though, I don't think anyone is holding their breath, especially this late in the game and no logo.

As for the raft, yeah, it really doesn't resemble the Night Landing craft at all, my bad. All I know is it's miles better than the one that came out with Cutter a few years back with all that junk stuck on it. I'll take the simple raft anyday.

Anyway, like I said, I already ordered 3 sets. While Hasbro can certainly improve this set (Cobra logos, better weapons, etc) hopefully they can't make it worse. I plan on customizing a lot of these guys anyway, so logos and things won't make much difference to me anyway.

Thanks, Viper!

No problem. :)

The original Night Landing Raft certainly was an incredibly detailed and awesome raft, and definitely would have carried all THREE of the figures, where the little rinky-dink one that comes with them, barely holds ONE!

Throwing this stuff together, without concern of ACTUAL usefulness or playability, like this, seems to be common anymore. :huh:

In fairness, the inclusion of a NL would have significantly raised the price. But.. it doesn't sound as if anyone's army building this set anyway, so the price increase wouldn't have had much effect.

Hopefully we'll be surprised and Hasbro will come through for us on this one.

Id say even without the symbol, Hasbro has already come through quite a bit here. They DID re-create the molds for the CG bodies. They didnt have to make these at all.

I'm just going to echo everyone else and say "still no symbol?" Get on it, Hasbro.

A change in unform styles is not exactly an unprecedented event. Especially when Cobra is involved. At least it still looks like a CG uniform in every other fashion.

I hate the big helmets!

Helmets HAVE to be big in order to fit on someones head and still protect them. Looks a little more realistic than the helmets forJvC Destro (Both) CLAWS, Wild Weasel and Snow Serpents where the heads would have to be tiny, tiny, tiny in order to fit.

and the need their classic rifles and backpacks back!

While that IS true, its entirely possible they dont have the molds and all the allocated funds would allow for remoldiing the torso and legs, Im still shocked they actually broke open the pocket book and paid for even THIS much to be possible.

Still, least they could have done is use the original Viper backpack. At least we KNOW those still exist, according to the Crimson Viper from the 2002 convention.

On the bright side, reproductions of the original CG head, rifle and backpack can be found

However its been stated before that since Hasbro DID go through the time and expense of making this much, that there is no way in Hell this will be the only time they use this mold. Theyre going to squeeze every penny they can out of this venture. So maybe youll get what you want next time. Perhaps a CG troop builder pack like the BATS So start pestering Hasbro for one NOW. They apparently DO listen sometimes.

hey doesnt Chap Mei have the mold for the night landing craft, cause i have one they made and it looks just like that mold #US1#

my nephew has that one too.. its almost identical, but I don't think it is the Night Landing raft..

they should have put it in there instead of that crappy dinky raft.. this is classic post RAH hasbro... coming so close to giving fans what they ask for, but cutting all the corners to somehow make it still suck.

as is.. I think I might just get one set now.. hoping they will make a real troop builder later.. and find better accessories to include, and give them a Cobra symbol

I hate online buys only...

Hasbro's way of selling an item and saying its under-cost but don't think about tax and or shipping/handling...

I would rather see these in hand and decide if I want to buy them instead of just lookin at some pictures and hoping they look better in person...

Hey I agree with you there. But I thought online only buys were supposed to just be to keep inventory out of retailers stores because they complain that gijoe 'doesn sell well' and all that crap, when it seems to do better than most other junk on pegs!?!

But if its in the case of the python patrol on amazon when it got down to 14.99, that was actualy still better for me because i didnt have to pay tax and with shipping it was 20.00, where as if i buy it in tenn;s stores with sorry ass tax its 20.00 PLUS tax...

I've thought about it, and I've decided that Hasbro is NOT going to add the symbol. They haven't used that method of a applying a Cobra symbol on any of the new figures. They either have a small Cobra emblem on their arm or a molded emblem. I would bet money that these won't have the big Cobra emblem on their chest.

OK, I don't have the original CG, but I do have PP2 and the RAH Viper and Alley-Viper repaints. So how much more effort is there to put a Cobra insignia on the chest? I mean, to me, it's the same as putting a insignia on the arm.

Is there something extraordinary about the original CG's chest emblem?

they should have put it in there instead of that crappy dinky raft.. this is classic post RAH hasbro... coming so close to giving fans what they ask for, but cutting all the corners to somehow make it still suck.

To a degree, this probably stunts sales a bit. Aside from not wanting to own some many extra figures I didn't want to army build with the 2-packs, another reason I didn't get more Vipers or Alley Vipers and PP2 is because of either poor paint details and sharpness; and/or bad accessories [more apparent in the Viper/Alley Viper]. I also do not want to spend so much time looking for the "perfect' ones to buy. Some of the times, you just take the best of the worst just so you can go home [or if the store is closing soon]. Way too much hassle.

Figures having sloppy paint apps and getting lousy weaponry and accessories don't fly too well with me.

I hate the big helmets!

Helmets HAVE to be big in order to fit on someones head and still protect them. Looks a little more realistic than the helmets forJvC Destro (Both) CLAWS, Wild Weasel and Snow Serpents where the heads would have to be tiny, tiny, tiny in order to fit.

With the whole ST thing integrated with the RAH repaint, I can see why the helmet need to be bigger. But... if the helmets could've been smaller, then they should be. Realism is one thing, but it still has to look good at the same time.

Anyway, you are right though. Hasbro did more than what I expected with this whole "continuing of the RAH repaints" program. But like Clam said, they still fall short sometimes, especially with the cost cutting. It hurts lot more than they think, it seems [to me].

I plan on getting 2 of these, and that's because of the boat; despite the fact that it only holds one (I'll still try to cram two fully-equipped Joes in there, maybe even with extra gear). I want more accessories and thing like this for my Joe's arsenal. It just adds a more realistic and "covert" sense to my Joe-verse.

hey doesnt Chap Mei have the mold for the night landing craft, cause i have one they made and it looks just like that mold  #US1#

The CHAP MEI version (or similar in style) of the NIGHT LANDING raft is definitely a very cool looking, highly detailed (as always) raft.

It's from the FREEDOM FORCE series, but you can still pick it up in many different paint schemes, and I have about four of them altogether.

fb079c9e.jpg

fb079ca3.jpg

fb079ca0.jpg

HERE COME THE CRIMSON SPIES!!! @bounce@

fb079c97.jpg

@lol@ Yeah Skarapz...Spearhead is correct!

I just grabbed some of my original CG's and put them in the Chap Mei raft for the visual effect. @wink@

I just grabbed some of my original CG's and put them in the Chap Mei raft for the visual effect. @wink@

Now those are great Crimson Guards you have there VH! Pretty cool raft too.

Draven #US1#

Regardless they look cool in the raft, now if chap mei can make one like that, certainly hasbro can #US1#