Robocop Figure

catter

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of the robocop figures that i picked up cheap. Never really understood why they were released as its not as if kids watched the film anyway. They didnt take off very well. If i had the cash and a statue or bust type thing came out then i would probably get one just because the film was good when it first came out. Not really that bothered about Robocop.

• 10 years later...

I was out at TRU tonight (go figure) looking for some last remaining Monster High stuff for my niece's......& had a few minutes before my sis & I had to bail.....I spotted this in the aisle full of Neca & Sports figs....it was $7, I don't know why but I bit for the H of it.....I'm gonna bust him out & see whats up, it looks like a fairly basic fig, they also had the remote controlled Robocop on his bike too....they had the Silver & Black RC but I went with the Johnny Cash version.....

Robocop_zpsa9220ed6.jpg

well after a few minutes the verdict is in.....Ro'bs is very gummy feeling, while his arms have fairly somewhat decent movement, he's hindered by his inability to bring up his elbows past a certain point. His legs are held together with a plastic pin but I could see many a kid snapping his legs off while trying to pose him in any other manner than him standing there and contemplating his Robolife, he stands up fairly well but his overall poseability gets 2 opposeable thumbs down.....he has that classic RC stance of shooting first and asking questions later that year but I don't think he's worth $7 maybe $3 but he sure looks cool just standing there begging for someone to talk smack or draw on him....he comes w/2 weapons, his classic sidearm & a small automatic, they're gummy somewhat but fit him like a plastic mitten....you can almost here him say "drop it" or "dead or dead your coming w/me".....on his packaging there appears to be an Police Bike so I'm assuming the reason his legs are more bowlegged than a jockey is cause he's destined to ride his hog someday but time will tell if he sells strong or makes it to Big lots later on down the line.....out of 10 I would give him a 3, he reminds me of a old Lazer Tag gun but made into a figure....

Robocop2_zps09e5b6fa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I was going to start a new thread for this RoboC, but I was lazy that night and just found this old one lying around looking for new life....then a few days later somebody started a new Topic for the new & improved Rohb's so I have my 10 cent Review on here at least.....call me weird but its nice to revisit old banter of past-threads gone by.....anewayy Rockzilla I picked up a Spring Loaded Rohhbs from TRU using a Coupon & free shipping I don't have time to bust him out just yet but I'll post on him on the other Thread when I do......nice pic