New To Lotr Figures

Onslaught MVC98

I've been a toy collector for years, but just recently have I taken an interest in The Lord of the Rings saga. My girlfriend convinced (read: forced!) me to watch both "The Fellowship of the Rings" and "The Two Towers," and now I'm glad she did.

There were two characters in particular that I liked--Legolas and Sauron--and I was wondering if new figures of those two characters would be coming out with the final movie. Since I'm pretty much coming in late in the game, I figure (no pun intended) that trying to find a Legolas from "Fellowship" or "Two Towers" would be hard or somewhat costly (although I REALLY want the armored Legolas from "Two Towers;" I've always loved figures with lots of weapons that they could store in sheaths or holsters and stuff like that.). And as far as Sauron goes, I haven't seen or heard anything about a figure of him.

Anyway, what would be the best course of action I should take if I wanted to track down an elven archer and Dark Lord of my own?

Many TRU stores across the country are stocking Sauron figures for about $20 each.

There are a few Legolas figures, one from FOTR, two from TTT, and one packed with a horse in the ROTK line. (The last one is due to show up any day now.)

You can find a Legolas figure packed in both the Fellowship 9-pack and Helm's Deep 5-pack.

Be warned: this line is highly addictive. #mrsauve#

Yeah there's quite a few Legolases

FOTR Legolas with 4 arrows, bow, quiver and scabbards and 2 daggers. Squeeze legs and he raisxes his right arm

TTT Rohan Armor Legolas with cloak, bow, 5 arrows, 2 daggers, sword, quiver and scabbards

TTT Helm's Deep Legolas with the same as above but with a shield on wheels and a new head

TTT Helm's Deep Battle Set Legolas with the same as Rohan Armor Legolas with a darker paint job

TTT/FOTR Fellowship 9-Pack Legolas with the same as FOTR Legolas but only 3 arrows and 1 dagger

ROTK Legolas with ???

ROTK Legolas on Arod with Bow, 4(?) arrows, 2 daggers, quiver and scabbards, cloak, and press button and he raises right arm

You can't really go wrong with any Legolas as of yet, though the horse rider Legolas isn't as good as the others.

You can get Sauron for about $20 like HMI said. He has a mace, removeable figers and One Ring(with 4 spares), cloth cloaks, and sound effects with light up eyes - "You cannot hide", "I see you", "There is no life in the Void", and "Build me an army worthy of Mordor"

Thanks. I've only seen two Legolas figures so far--the "Fellowship" and the Helm's Deep versions--but the first one was in a collectable store and they were asking, like, $25 for it, and the second one I saw at my local Wal-Mart, but the next time I went he was gone. All that's left there are Frodos and Gollums.

As far as the different version of him go, I like the Rohan Armor one best, so I'll have to track that one down.

I haven't seen any of those multi-packs that were mentioned, but I'll keep an eye out.

Only the fellowship box set is out now. The rest are comming soon. Be on the lookout for a 3 pack, sold as a two pack with Aragorn ( Bow version), Legolas (TTT version), and Gimli (FOTR 2 pack version). Its called the Freedom of Edoras. SHould be a good set if your just gettign started.