Would You Like A Us Army Builder?

Velocitycobra

I know that Joe is an elite army group. but Am I the only one who thinks that a US Army Builder would be cool?. I am army building using the Non-O ring Duke and Cobra Commander two pack. with a little bit of my army of blond haired clones becomes the US Army. Think about how cool it would be to have Duke leading an army of soldiers against an Army of Cobra?.

Your thoughts?

I suppose some general issue army soldiers would be useful to dio builders..

but with my entire squad of nearly every GiJoe character ever.. there is no room for Joe troops..

I probably wouldn't buy them..

however, I did grab several of the Anniversary Soldier, Pilot, and Sailor figures..

You know what? If they were RAH molds (either some kind of Franken-Joe or... dare I say it... a newly casted mold), had cool weapons and accessories, and had a cool paint job... I would buy them... and use them as Cobra Troops. ;):D @bounce@

Oh sure, I might use them as good guys or cannon fodder for Cobra once in a while, but other times... like most of the time... my Joes need cannon fodder.

As a collector of G.I.Joe themed Action Figure TOYS...YES! I have always thought of the possibilities surrounding some Greenshirts for the Joe team, or basic Grunts have you.

The disagreements, on this, usually come from the hardnosed G.I.Joe canon followers, who are just as much enthralled with the storyline, be it through the cartoon or the comic book, and will place MUCH emphasis on the notion of them being the "best of the best" and needing NO grunt troops for their organization of "highly trained SPECIAL mission force".

I adhere to NOTHING in this aspect..and to be honest, have never followed the comic books or cartoon, about these wonderful toys that I began collecting back in 1983 or so, at the ripe old age of 21.

I saw COOL TOYS I wanted to collect, and knew nothing of the stories, although those detailed filecards sure made for some fantastic backstories and with MY imagination, gave me much to dream up for their characters exploits, on my own.

I always thought the cartoons were advertisements, although very cool to see the toys in ACTION, and the comic books were extensions of the filecards and more in depth, but still nothing I would adhere to 100%. It's one version of MANY possibilities for these great toys, and even if the writers of those comic books were the actual creators, that does not do anything for me, as toys should be about creativity and using your OWN imagination with them.

My 12" G.I.Joes, I played with in the 60's & 70's, went through everything from "THE DIRTY DOZEN" re-inactments to "STAR TREK" or "LOST in SPACE" episodes.

This added to them excitement I enjoyed out of the ARAH line, since it covered some of those ultra-military yet sci-fi aspects, like I used to enjoy as a kid with MY Joes. Here I was being provided with some actual figures and accessories to go along with that imagination for me...and it was awesome, even NINJAS like'em or not. ;)

WOW...NOVEL! :o Sorry folks....yes I would like some JOE army builders to accompany Duke or Flint for backup on a ground level assault on some Alley-Vipers, without calling in ALL the "special" team members to do so, where it's inappropriate for their "speciality". Alpines involved in the mountain attacks and not for backup in the alleys along with Ace and Wet-suit. ;)

Na I wouldn't buy them cause I'm one of those hard-nosed "Joe is the best of the best" guys #mrsauve# . I like the idea that Gi Joe is like out last option and they are the only ones that can take on Cobra. Plus like someone said in an earlier post....I have pretty much every Joe possible......I don't have or want to make room for a bunch of greenshirts. Cobra forces just look cooler to me. Like 20-30 vipers in formation is way cooler than having 20 greenshirts hanging out. I wouldn't be interested....sorry guys #US1#

i think i would buy a few at least they would give cobra someone to "kill" cause my "codenamed" charactors never get killed! if hasbro was smart they would release 3 different head molds on the same greenshirt body for example

one white,one african-american, one asian and then change them slightly so somene could have an army of "different guys." as opposed to all the same blonde white guy!

the white guy head with blonde hair with beard, without beard- clean shaven-goatee. then start over with brown,black and red hair and the same with the other 2 head molds! the same could be done for cobra removable helmet troops? oh well i think it would rock?

TM

Nice suggestions TM, but damn that would be a pain for the completist. All those different variants. I would like some more diversity though. A new Asian headsculpt without any helmet or hood or hat or mask molded on would be great...

thats why the idea is so great! hasbro would make a ton of money off one body mold and 3 head molds. and the only repainting would be done to the heads! the idea could make em' even more money if they did it with cobra troops sold with the helmet on that way you'd never know what you would be getting! and you would buy more and more! i think it would be alot of fun trying to track down all of them dont you? :unsure:

TM

This topic has been brought up before, but my answer still is "No." I never would want Greenshirt toys. I never believed in Greenshirts, and never will. That was just something that was thrown in the cartoon, and to me it takes away from what The Joes are about. I see them more as our real life Delta Force in which there are not many of them, but they are bad asses.

This topic has been brought up before, but my answer still is "No." I never would want Greenshirt toys. I never believed in Greenshirts, and never will. That was just something that was thrown in the cartoon, and to me it takes away from what The Joes are about. I see them more as our real life Delta Force in which there are not many of them, but they are bad asses.

Yeah I agree with you beachhead....IMO even if there is a large scale battle all the joes could take cobra on......as in the statue of liberty battle in the beginning of the movie. Pretty much every Joe imaginable was in that sequence and it seemed to me that they were outnumbered and they were still kicking cobra ase all over liberty island @bounce@ ......thats why I don't like greenshirts, while I can see what you guys are saying IMO i would pass on them...unless i needed mechanics or something #US1#

I would go for a green shirt. My joes are the best of the best, but even the best of the best needs support people to make things work sometimes. Not to mention that a Cobra tropper has to get a lucky shot in from time to time, so who am I gonna remove from my Joe Universe? The guy I like the least? Or the green shirt that I don't care much about.

I also like the idea of Greenshirts being the best of the best that just haven't been initiated into the GI JOE team yet. Like in the image comics. Guys who have proved themselves worthy outside the team, but now they have to show what they've got to the joes themselves.

Violentfix

Yes, I would. I want to be realilistic. No squadron can take out a legion of troops.

In my world, Joes do conduct special ops, but also lead actual battles. Think, in war, special-ops are neccessary, but you must engage with great force to tuly vanquish the enemy. That's why I always wanted Greenshirts.

Right now, I'm planning for Gung-Ho and Leatherneck are the field commanders of four marine platoons to storm an island in the Pacific, take out Cobra's fortress there, and establish a beach head.

I don't like the idea of Greenshirts either. But if a Greenshirt pack were to come out... and if didn't have any identifying marks like a US flag or something like that... then I would probably use them as some generic terrorists.

The Joes [and like spec ops groups] operate in small groups; they are much more effective that way.

If all the Joes came together to fight the entire legion of Cobra, not only is that an inappropriate use of the Joes, they would also die [realistically speaking]. A ton of Cobras would die before that... but eventually the Joes would die.

I personally don't want greenshirts for the same reason. Duke can take out ten vipers while scratching his nuts, he doesn't need rookies running around complicating things. He needs a bunch of guys he doesnt need to babysit all the time with orders-- guys that already know what needs done before he says it. That's what the G.I.Joe team is. Elite. Not all-inclusive. For those that want greenshirts, I think Red Spot would make a perfect joe trooper. I mean, you're going to have to do something with all those extras anyway. @hmmm@

I have a few questions for you special ops hard liners.

What does a special ops team need with a Calvery troop?

What does a specail ops team need with a Air Wing? Don't forget the CVBG.

2 Space Shuttles?

I'm sorry Gi Joe is no small special ops team. I really think they are more like Airborn Calvery.

So bring on the GreenShirts and don't forget Sailors and Airmen.

I'm sorry Gi Joe is no small special ops team. I really think they are more like Airborn Calvery.

So bring on the GreenShirts and don't forget Sailors and Airmen

My point exactly my friend, thats why the Joes don't need greenshirts......theres plenty of Joes to go around........and Vipers (any type) are just grunts when you boil it down, yeah they have specialtys but I still think the weakest Joe could take out 2-3 vipers on his own. I think a lot of people are just thinking about a team of like 10 Joes......when there is a crap load of Joe characters out there. If you had al the Joes attack the terrordrome in a last ditch effort to take out cobra my money is still on the Joes. Will we take losses sure, but I guarantee they won't leave anyone behind..... Call me crazy but thats my opinion @bounce@

I think what everyone REALLY wants, is some UNIFORMED looking figures in the same outfit, but different heads, like what the World Peacekeepers sets offer. Just as it is, that the appearance of an army of ANY Cobra trooper looks impressive and cool as hell, so is the thought of some uniformed Greenshirts for the Joes side.

Speaking of the WP figures, I'm intigrating them into the Joeverse for my particular needs, for just such Joe "army" troops. You know...guys to drive the vehicles or man the guns and carry ammo, or keep watch while the Joes sleep or are inside the Cobra Mountain playset playing on that merry-go-round landing pad? @smilepunch@

It's the VISUAL appeal of ARMIES that attracts some people, and some people want armies for BOTH sides of the battle field, without having all these Baseball jerseys, Hawaiian shirts, ninja clad goobers, Firemen and SWAT fellas, running alongside Duke or Tomahawk yelling "HIT'EM WITH SOUND ATTACK!" :P

I personally don't want greenshirts for the same reason. Duke can take out ten vipers while scratching his nuts, he doesn't need rookies running around complicating things. He needs a bunch of guys he doesnt need to babysit all the time with orders-- guys that already know what needs done before he says it. That's what the G.I.Joe team is. Elite. Not all-inclusive.

But Cobra would be nuts to strike only where the Elite of the Elite Joe Team is, surely they are more likely to strike in areas protected by Regular and/or Reserve Troops.

And thats why I also want An Authentic 3 and 3/4 inch Joe subline as I'm just as Interested in the Cobra Attack as the Joe Counterattack.

There are alot of Joes out there, but they don't all go out together. In real life, there's probably a thousand-some-odd Delta Force operators; the Navy SEALs number in the thousands.

RL Delta Force is modeled after the British SAS [Delta was formed by an ex-SAS member], so one can speculate that they have 3 operational squadrons, a support squadron, a communications squadron, and a aviation platoon. That's a lot of troops.

So it's not hard to see the Joe's number mearly in the hundreds. Yes, they are a big force, but they don't normally send out 100 Joes to handle a mission.

As far as having air wings, there aren't that many pilots, for both fighter or helo. There is enough to fly support mission and the like, but nothing in terms of having an air campaign. The Joes need air support too. And it's not to be trusted in non-Joe hands. ;)