Hi-res 20th Aniv Prime Pics

JayC

Hmmm i think i might be wrong about the shoulder, oh well i was looking on the net for some Optimus Prime pictures and in some drawings the symbol was on both and in some scenes there was only one, and on the toys there was on both, so i just got confused. So i had to find the REAAAL picture. So that's why i got the officail one to confirm it and end all the rumors...

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0jLP...wacky/Prime.jpg

Wahoo see i was right! Jk

Anywayz, does anyone know about the G1 Prime, can u open his chest? I don't wanna try on mine. But bleaaah i'm still mad about the battle damage!!!! I was so hyped about this figure now i'm pissed! I'm still gonna buy it but damn!!! Why they gotta ruin it for me! It's just that one spot on his stomach! Take that out and everything is PERFECT! I give it a 9.75 outa 10!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left shoulder is the right shoulder.

Errr....well...I mean the left shoulder is the correct shoulder for the faction symbol.

Anywayz, does anyone know about the G1 Prime, can u open his chest? I don't wanna try on mine.

It can be opened. It's a reminiscence from Diaclone line figures. In fact, Diaclone Prime had two drivers who could sit inside of it.

I might be in the minority, but I just dont dig that battle damage.

I also don't like it, and I don't think we are minority... @hmmm@

Tnis Prime rules!!! Only thing i don't like is his truck mode. Too much lines in it that break the sculpt. Btw, does anyone know how this guy transforms? It looks like it's windshield will actually be his back in robot mode.

@grumpy@ @grumpy@ Catter he's about 12" in height.

As for the Autobot insignia on Prime shoulder, it should only be one and on the left shoulder, not both, or on the right shoulder like Magnus.

As for the Battle Damage, if they are gonna do that verson, at least be more realistic especially with his huge size. I expect to see the grill to be bent or broke off. Now that's a battle damage. That Prime is crying to be painted as a normal version.

i really dislike this. they should have done 2. one normal and another labelled "battle damage" prime or something, and let consumers decide which they want.

as a 20th ann figure we are praising him and everything he stands for like strength power optimism and positivity. not one whos got the sh-- kicked out of him.

as a 20th figure we want to see him in all his glory. this aint it.

and i just dont get it though. is it supposed to look like hes been shot at??? and on his arms just above his hands the only thing i can think of is that its supposed to be gun residue from HIM shooting???

who knows.

ill probably still buy it despite not liking it.

i think the best pics of this figure were the 2nd or 3rd pics that came out. the painted version of the prototype.

@grumpy@ @grumpy@ I'm going to wait and see what Takara had to offer before preordering anything. I'm sure Takara will come through for us non battle damage fans especially when Takara is so obsesse with repaint. We will have our glory and nondamage Masterpeice Prime.

I just don't understand all the haters on the battle damage and other details (skinny neck, too many lines in alt mode, etc.). This is THE Optimus Prime to have.

Sure, it may not be everything you want, but it's obvious that Hasbro/Takara put a LOT of work into this to make it an adult collectible rather than a toy - including the battle damage!

We all said we wanted to see hyper-realistic G1 characters, so they give us this, and still you complain. I think more of the problem lies in asking for the wrong thing; you should've asked for a hyper-realistic but still fakely-new-looking G1 toy.

I personally think the battle damage adds more to the toy's character because like any old soldier, there's a certain amount of pride associated w/ each individual scar. Prime wouldn't try to cover them up; he's always been accepting of his flaws, which is part of what makes him such a great leader.

I'm surprised no one's piped up w/ the old "he needs a trailer or it's a ripoff" comment yet. @rolleye@

I think this is the coolest looking Transformers ever made. Yeah I could do without the battle scars but it doesn't bother me that much. I have also heard that the final version may have those toned down some.

What bothers me the most about this figure is how it makes me wish that much more there was a entire new G1 line done like this. Man that would be one awsome line. I would most likely go broke collecting it but it might be worth it. I even have a way Hasbro could address the Megatron issue. Make a toy in robot mode with the same detail and articulation they did Prime making it look just like it's cartton counter part, but don't make it transform. Then package with it a megaton gun kinda like the one that comes with Prime that all the others can hold. Basically make the gun in scale so its actually useable and to small to be considered a real gun. Yeah technically it wouldnt be a transformer since it wouldn't transform but what most of us wouldnt give I think for a useable toy made in the image of Megatrons true robot form and then the gun would also have more play value with the other toys. Worth giving up the actual transforming ability for if you ask me.

I think this is the coolest looking Transformers ever made. Yeah I could do without the battle scars but it doesn't bother me that much. I have also heard that the final version may have those toned down some.

What bothers me the most about this figure is how it makes me wish that much more there was a entire new G1 line done like this. Man that would be one awsome line. I would most likely go broke collecting it but it might be worth it. I even have a way Hasbro could address the Megatron issue. Make a toy in robot mode with the same detail and articulation they did Prime making it look just like it's cartton counter part, but don't make it transform. Then package with it a megaton gun kinda like the one that comes with Prime that all the others can hold. Basically make the gun in scale so its actually useable and to small to be considered a real gun. Yeah technically it wouldnt be a transformer since it wouldn't transform but what most of us wouldnt give I think for a useable toy made in the image of Megatrons true robot form and then the gun would also have more play value with the other toys. Worth giving up the actual transforming ability for if you ask me.

I'll have to agree with JayC on this. Megs that finally looks like it should without the oversized head and the funky crotch.

Btw, about the size of this Prime, i would've preferred it if it was in scale with all the G1 toys. The absence of a trailer is also disappointing.