Wave 7.5 And Wave 8 Pics

Jeff

A little birdie told me it was ok to post these links. If this is not allowed feel free to delete.

Nightforce

Cross Hair/Nunchuck/

Tigerforce

Roadblock/Wild Bill

Crimson Treadfire

Front/

Cobra BATS/Cobra Commander (Black)

Front/

Viper Commander/Neo Viper

Front/

Alley Viper/Cobra Viper

Front/

Crimson Venom Cycle

Front/

Agent Faces

Front/

Back/

Cobra Commander Battle Helmet

Front/

Back/

Duke

Front/

Spy Gear/

Back/

Gung-Ho

Front/

Spy Gear/

Back/

Heavy Duty

Front/

Spy Gear/

Back/

Heavy Water

Front/

Spy Gear/

Back/

Pit Viper

Front/

Back/

Sgt Airborne

Front/

Spy Gear/

Back/

Switch Gear

Front/

Spy Gear/

Back/

Zarana

Front/

Back/

Zartan

Front/

Back/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey.. that Tigerforce WildBill looks awesome.. I like the idea of making more 2-packs to match the theme sets.. that way they can make the sets entirely RAH.. and you guys can still have some of them in GvC molds.

and.. Faces just looks sooooooo GAY!.. yes, in a homosexual way. @loll@

hey.. that Tigerforce WildBill looks awesome..

you are joking right? That 2 pack is horrid. A sloppy lazy custimerizer could have done better for a tigerforce roadblock and wow, that wildbill is even worse!

hey.. that Tigerforce WildBill looks awesome.. I like the idea of making more 2-packs to match the theme sets.. that way they can make the sets entirely RAH.. and you guys can still have some of them in GvC molds.

He's part of that Queer Toys..for the Straight Boys subset! @loll@

The links to the Neo-Viper/NVC and the Alley Viper/Viper pictures both lead to the same picture of the NV/NVC.

I hadn't seen a couple of these figures, and I must say... meh. Cobra Commander is sexy; the NV/NVC two-pack is cool, but I don't like the paint schemes; Heavy Water looks like, and shall henceforth be known as, Master Chief's cousin--Master Tubes; the Spy Gear is wearing on my patience; Sgt. Airborne is too bulky, and neither hs nor Heavy Duty's disguise has a GVC counterpart. For enduring with the latter two characters, we had better be rewarded with a Cobra Moccasin with Copperhead (it'll never happen).

What is that black accessory laying on the ground next to Heavy Duty? Is that some sort of stand for the mini-gun's ammo (please say yes)?

Oh yeah, nice play on words VH. @loll@

The Night Force/Tiger Force packs look pretty good,I prefer the NF one over the TF one.Crosshair looks really good in darker colors,but I'm less enthusiastic about Nunchuck,even though he does look pretty good in the gray 'n black color scheme...he's just been looking like a Quick Kick wannabe in his JvC incarnation.The Tiger Force Roadblock is probably the worse out of the four,he's just got black pants and black stripes on his padded top...nothing special.Wild Bill looks alright,but just with some added paint on his pants and upper body,not anything drastic from his first version.

Crimson vehicles look awesome...it is Hasbro trying to cash in on the "Crimson Craze" with the Crimson NAC,Crimson Treadfire,Crimson Venom Cycle...but they did do a good job on the paint jobs...I think they should put the Crimson COILS with the Crimson Venom cycle though.The other army builder packs look pretty damn cool...but I'm not going to really do any troop building with them...the paint job on the Viper looks much better than the purple and green rehases we've been getting lately.Alley Viper ehh....Hooded Black CC...awesome! BAT...cool....Neo-Viper Commander needs a better paint job on the head,Neo-Viper looks pretty cool since he's an O-Ring blue version now.

Thank you Hasbro for Wave 8!This is one of the best Waves in my opinion since Wave 5,and it has a 10:2 ratio of new molds to old molds.Also Hasbro has returned back to molded flesh,thankfully seeing the wrongs of crappy painted flesh...though they should've realized it BEFORE Wave 7.They've also got the conformed "C" hands,hopefully making sure they'll hold the weapons better.I notice that some of these molds have different colored pieces,I'm sure it's because the completely colored pieces couldn't be found or colored in time.Some of the molds,though new,are a little disappointing...especially Gung-Ho...I hope they paint his goatee and eyebrows a dark brown like they should be and not blonde...he also doesn't look as "big" as Gung-Ho is...Gung-Ho and Roadblock are the two biggest Joes,yet their JvC incarnations don't really reflect that.I'm sick of Hasbro shoving Heavy Duty down our throats too...the mold sucks and I don't really care for the character,but I'll still pick him up cause he comes with one of the most pleasant surprises of Wave 8,Heavy Water.Cool mold,looks almost like he could be a Toxo-Viper,I won't be surprised if we see some Toxo-Viper customs crop up after Wave 8 gets to stores...I still think he could have a better name though.I think Zarana should look more like the actual DD version...I think that's one of the best depictions of Zarana,but this is still very cool all the same,though her shoulders do look a little too broad...maybe they'll be corrected before coming to stores?Agent Faces looks alright,but the cowboy chaps look a little goofy on him.Switch Gears is actually a pretty cool mold,but the paint colors aren't really that good,they're somewhat bland and look like pastels and the head mold looks like a ##$%$# (no offense to ##$%$#s).Duke looks good in dark colors,but it's a reuse of the old mold...same with Zartan,which is a disappointment since that Zartan mold wasn't anything special in the first place...'specially that beer gut of his.The Pit Viper also looks very cool,he looks like he can be paired along well with an army of Cobra COILS since they share a similar outfit pattern.Sgt.Airborne looks cool as well....though the mold does look a little different from when we first saw it as Ripcord (and he should be Ripcord!).Only thing here that is missing is the Tele-Viper.

I can't wait till Wave 8! @bounce@

I love wave 8!!! The Zarana is my fav. But why is Gung Ho blonde.......dumbasses at Hasbro. @rolleye@ The NF and TF packs are sweet imo. My favorite is Roadblock though. And that Crimson Coils has me drooling!

Draven #US1#

Looking at wave 8 again I noticed a few things. Did no one else notice Switch Gears has two different leg colors? OMG Hasbro has funked up again.....yellow lower legs. @rolleye@ I also noticed Clam is right.....ugh Faces looks gay! He's the onlt figure I don't like in the wave. Heavy Duty really grew on me! I really love his mold now. I can't wait!!!! @bounce@

Draven #US1#

What happen to Zartan... Go to the same barber as Wild Bill? What is it this time... Make everyone bald cause people don't want goatee's anymore?

On a side note... Was checking out the latest issue/newsletter from Master Collectors and they have wave 7.5 listed for October but wave 7.75 listed for September... Could be a typo or something else...

I like the Crimson repainted vehicles

None of the Spy Troop gear are close to adequate for their intended purposes, but that's nothing new. At least they have some potential in other areas.

Normally one would say to wait until Switch Gears is out, maybe the color problem will be fixed. But then again, look at their track record with Vipers...

zarana's my favorite from wave 8 also. 'cept hasbro needs to start givin' their fem figs more booty. B) and what's with the three-quarters length jacket design, as seen on cross hair and faces? those things are so f**kin' gay, who actually wears jackets like that? <_< but, at least cross hair looks bad ass in night force colors, same with nunchuk. two figures i didn't particularly enjoy in their original forms, but much better with a different paint job. still not diggin' the tiger force thing though, the two i think are the most waste from the upcoming figs.

#US1# diesel

hey.. that Tigerforce WildBill looks awesome..  I like the idea of making more 2-packs to match the theme sets.. that way they can make the sets entirely RAH.. and you guys can still have some of them in GvC molds.

He's part of that Queer Toys..for the Straight Boys subset! @loll@

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Oh, and BTW you have the Ne/Neo Cmdr on the AV/Viper link.

.I'm sick of Hasbro shoving Heavy Duty down our throats too...the mold sucks and I don't really care for the character

Did anyone notice WideScope's dog is named after Heavy Duty.

I'm sick of Hasbro shoving Heavy Duty down our throats too...the mold sucks and I don't really care for the character,

I think its a new mold, IMO Nhe should come with an Anti Armour weapon instead of th Minigun, seeing as he is supposed to be Primailry and Anti-Tank specailist though.