Christian Bale Is Batman

pogoman

From superherohype.com/WB official release (source: WB):

BURBANK, CA, 11 September 2003 – Christian Bale has been cast in the starring role of Bruce Wayne in Warner Bros. Pictures' upcoming Batman movie, to be directed by Christopher Nolan and produced by Emma Thomas. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of production for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Principal photography on the film is expected to begin in early 2004. The movie is written by David Goyer and Nolan, and will follow the early career of The Dark Knight.

Said Nolan, "What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne. He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for."

Robinov stated, "Now that we've found the best person to play Batman, we are really looking forward to moving ahead with the rest of our casting, and are excited about the exceptional group we are assembling."

Bale, who first drew critical attention for his starring role in "Empire of the Sun," has starred in such diverse motion pictures as "Little Women," "Portrait of a Lady," "Metroland," "American Psycho" and "Laurel Canyon."

--------------------------

not bad, I think this can work out.

Uhm, who's Chritian Bale?!?! @?@ Does anyone have pics of this guy???

Christian Bale at IMDB.com

Christian Bale was a fan favorite to play the Dark Knight! I'm glad SOMEONE listened ... & with Ra's Al Ghul as a villain ... this movie is shaping up to be a darn good flick! It may even erase the bad taste of Batman & Robin! Here's hoping @bounce@

Chris Nolan directing, and Bale as Batman. Judging from theset two points alone, I think this may very well be the best Batman film yet...

Bale would be an awesome Batman. This movie is taking shape, I like it.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the cast.

I can see him as Bruce Wayne, but Batman??Not that bale doesn´t have arguments to play Bats, as far as i remember, Bale´s acting in American Psycho was good, but guy that played batman in Batman:Dead End was terrific, it´s going to be hard to beat that performance.

But it´s looking good so far. @bats@ @bats@

I can see him as Bruce Wayne, but Batman??Not that bale doesn´t have arguments to play Bats, as far as i remember, Bale´s acting in American Psycho was good, but guy that played batman in Batman:Dead End was terrific, it´s going to be hard to beat that performance.

But it´s looking good so far. @bats@ @bats@

Well, the guy in "Dead End" was good, but that short was less than 8 minutes long, and a large portion of that was just fighting.

With Bale, he's proven himself that he can carry himself as an onscreen badass for 2+ hours at a time, in films like American Psycho, Equilibrium, and Reign of Fire (It wasn't that great, but Bale gave an awesome performance)...

I think that Christian Bale is a good choice for the part, and if Ra's Al Ghul is the villain maybe Talia will be in it. #mrsauve# I just hope that the Bat suit in this movie doesn't have nipples. :D

Am I the only one that has second thoughts about this???? Bale is a good actor but as Batman???? I just don't see it........but then again a lot of people couldn;t see keaton as bats either. So who knows......I was also under the impression that scarecrow was the villian not Ra's......i thought the title was Batman: the frightning

Am I the only one that has second thoughts about this???? Bale is a good actor but as Batman???? I just don't see it........but then again a lot of people couldn;t see keaton as bats either. So who knows......I was also under the impression that scarecrow was the villian not Ra's......i thought the title was Batman: the frightning

Dude, you are one of the only ones. On every message board I've been to, Bale has been almost everyones top "dream" choice for the role-- Even BEFORE the studio announced he was even being CONSIDERED for the part-- Let alone, when they released that list (Including Ashton Kutcher, and Joshua Jackson... *shudder*)

He simply has the perfect dark and brooding look, an incredibly in-shape body (Which means no need for that ##$%$#ed sculpted six pack and nipples... * double shudder*), and the perfect acting skills needed for the part of Bruce Wayne/Batman...

bale2.jpg

1-1.jpg

I mean, just look at the man. I honestly don't think there is a better choice out there...

With this official announcement, I'd still love for this to somehow lead to a Smallville cameo (asssuming it fit with any movie storylines). This rumor has been floating a round for a while but delayed/canned/etc... due to the potential movie. They could even use it as promotion.

@supes@ @bats@

Michael Keaton didn't have that millionarie look on Batman Returns as well, just check it out, but he did a great job in overall.

Its all in the acting and the skills that an actor has and how he can carry the character. Bale has done bad guy, good guy, in a great way and he has a particular style (especially in American Psycho) that is unique.

I'm glad that WB picked a great choice for Batman. So far the movie is marching on in a good path. Good director, good actor. awesome.

Batman:Dead End is a short film by Sandy Collera who worked with Stan Winston on some scifi and horror movies as a special effects guy. He made this movie to show his film making skills and to shop it out to different studios. The film featured Batman, Joker, Predator and the Aliens in a eight minute fight scene. It is a pretty cool movie but can only be found by dowloading it off Kazaa or a similar program or somewhere else on the net

Ra's Al Ghul! *squeals like a little girl* My favorite bat-villain, this should be so cool. @bounce@

Oooh, and maybe this will inspire DC Direct or Mattel to finally make good action figures of him and Talia.

I'm not sure about them having any villians in it. I think it would work better with Batman just learning the ropes about being a superhero.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for a Batman:Year One style storyline, but I'm pretty happy with the way things are going so far. I just worry about them using both Ra's and the Scarecrow...I'd prefer a 1-villain movie.

Still, can't wait to hear about the rest of the cast, especially who'll play Jim Gordon and Ra's.

Cant wait to see this play out...Bale was awesome in Equilibrium...Still think Keaton was the best but hey Bale is probly alot closer than Kilmer and Clooney. So if Ra's and the Scarecrow are in on it then i guess the Bat/Supes movie is canned huh

I'm still looking at pictures of Bale. I'm almost convinced.

th-1-4.jpg

I never discussed it with anyone, but what about Michael T. Weiss that played Jared in The Pretender TV show? He would have been my choice.

tunnel4.jpg

Also who was the guy behind the mask in the OnStar commercials?

I don't think he has the millionaire "pretty boy" look of Bruce Wayne in all honesty. Over all he sounds promising, we all know they could have done a hell of a lot worse, but i would still prefer David Boreanaz, he has a trademark on dark and brooding LOL.

oh, whats "Batman:Dead End"

Haha, funny. I always thought David Boreanaz was a terrible choice for Batman...

Different strokes for different blokes, right? :P