Supes/batman Two Pack

Joe Fixit

This is coming from a guy who mostly stays on the Marvel board, so sorry if these quetions have been gone through already, as I expect they have. How is the Supes in this twin pack different from the regular DC Direct Supes? Is he as good? Worth picking up the two pack? I've seen it on ebay going for about half what DCD Supes costs by himself.

Also, what about the other Supes figures out there (i.e., Kingdom Come), are they worth picking up?

Thanks for any advice!

The DCD Superman is a true representation of how the Man of Steel looks like from the comic books. 21 points of articulation and a little larger in scale than the Mattel version. Not that there is anything wrong with the two pack Superman but the one in the two pack looks a little weak looking when comparing to the DCD version. That's just my opinion. If anything go with your first instinct when an action figure captures your eyes. That's a safe bet!

As for the Kingdom Come Supes, He's not as good as the DCD Superman or even The Mattel Superman. Sculpting wise they're not bad but articulation wise.....not good!

Both figures are great...And you really can't go wrong with either one...but I tend to like the Mattel one a little better. The Modern Age DCD is a great figure no doubt...as he has much more articulation if you are still into playing with you figures or posing them certain ways. Plus he looks alot more powerful then the Mattel version. But I find him to be to big as he's the same size figure as the DCD Doomsday & Darkseid (both who should be bigger then him) Me I don't play with my figures (unless my daughter wants to play) so basically I like the Mattel version more as I can display (mix & match) him on a shelf with more characters from other line. As I personally feel he's more in scale with alot more figures. (at least until the DCD Batman Hush line comes out)

These are the figures I have on display together on the shelf...

Mattel figures...Zipline Batman, Nightwing, Joker, & Robin along with DCD figures...Doomsday, Darkseid, Green Lantern(Kyle), SA Wonder Woman, Spectre (Hal), HTH Green Arrow, Birds of Prey, Aries, Lobo And finally Hasbro's...LotDK Bane & Manbat, DC7" Knightsend Batman, Shazam. Just mix and match and the scale looks fine.

Now which Mattel set to buy that depends on whether you have a Zipline batman already. That's because both the Mattel Mass Market and Mattel Preview exclusive 2-packs are great sets. But if you have a Zipline Batman I'd pass on the Previews set in favor of the mass market set as the Superman figures are exactly the same...as is the Zipline Batman (no blue/gray variation as promised by Previews). This way you get Zipline Batman w/accessories, Superman, and the repainted blue gray Battle Armor Batman for the same price as the Previews 2-pack. If you can't find the Zipline then I'd say get the Previews set as Zipline is awesome.

PJ

Both figures are great...And you really can't go wrong with either one...but I tend to like the Mattel one a little better. The Modern Age DCD is a great figure no doubt...as he has much more articulation if you are still into playing with you figures or posing them certain ways. Plus he looks alot more powerful then the Mattel version. But I find him to be to big as he's the same size figure as the DCD Doomsday & Darkseid (both who should be bigger then him) Me I don't play with my figures (unless my daughter wants to play) so basically I like the Mattel version more as I can display (mix & match) him on a shelf with more characters from other line. As I personally feel he's more in scale with alot more figures. (at least until the DCD Batman Hush line comes out)

These are the figures I have on display together on the shelf...

Mattel figures...Zipline Batman, Nightwing, Joker, & Robin along with DCD figures...Doomsday, Darkseid, Green Lantern(Kyle), SA Wonder Woman, Spectre (Hal), HTH Green Arrow, Birds of Prey, Aries, Lobo And finally Hasbro's...LotDK Bane & Manbat, DC7" Knightsend Batman, Shazam. Just mix and match and the scale looks fine.

Now which Mattel set to buy that depends on whether you have a Zipline batman already. That's because both the Mattel Mass Market and Mattel Preview exclusive 2-packs are great sets. But if you have a Zipline Batman I'd pass on the Previews set in favor of the mass market set as the Superman figures are exactly the same...as is the Zipline Batman (no blue/gray variation as promised by Previews). This way you get Zipline Batman w/accessories, Superman, and the repainted blue gray Battle Armor Batman for the same price as the Previews 2-pack. If you can't find the Zipline then I'd say get the Previews set as Zipline is awesome.

PJ

Great, thanks! Sounds like I'll pick up the two pack to start and then take it from there!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up to let you guys know I got the two pack and definitely dig both the Batman and Superman figure!! Bats has the smaller, yellow and black bat on his chest, not the larger "zipline" black bat as pictured on the website, but I like it just the same. The sculpt is the same Mattel sculpt I keep seeing in all the Batman variants out there and despite the lack of articulation, particularly at the elbow, I still really like the figure. The Superman figure has articulated elbows, but the funny thing is they go double-jointed!!! Some people complained about his facial expression, but I thought it was fine. I've got both of these displayed proudly with my Marvel Legends figures as they are all pretty much in scale!!

mattel's superman is terrible. he is smiling or something. dumb.

Oh yeah? So is the DCD "Superfriends" version, and a slightly bigger smile too :P

that's why I didn't even buy it either.

I think the JLA Superman figure coming out soon should look alright.

Anyone know why the Batman that comes with this two pack doesn't have the dark blue coloring around his boxer shorts? He's just solid gray all the way from chest down to his boots. I don't remember his costum ever being solid gray; was it?

Anyone know why the Batman that comes with this two pack doesn't have the dark blue coloring around his boxer shorts? He's just solid gray all the way from chest down to his boots. I don't remember his costum ever being solid gray; was it?

I could be wrong but I think batman costume look like that for a little while in the 90's