Would You Join A Substitute GI Joe Forum?

Darren

If a Substitute Joe forum was made to TNI's,would you join?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If a Substitute Joe forum was made to TNI's,would you join?

• Yes
    • No

I've been talking with some of my ADC buddies and conceived an idea here that we'd like to bring to light.It's obvious now that there's a great majority of us that are displeased with the new forum style and such.And now with the leaked pics policy emerging as a number one law issue here (though it was an unspoken and loosely enforced during ADC)...things aren't looking better.I feel like we're further becoming like every other toy forum board on the 'net and I know some share similar sentiments.We just don't have the freedom we once had and who knows how much further it will go now that TNI is "pop".

So if some of us were to create a new Joe forum,based off old school ADC style,where you can speak openly and post openly (even leaked pics!) about upcoming Joe products and such...would you be interested in joining and participating in a substitute to the TNI Joe board which is now becoming so infused with "toy company justice"?

#US1# I Miss ADC!

I do not want to appear like the ingrate amongst us... but CC's got a point. TNI is not what ADC was - it's like we've joined a totally different, more controlled forum.

I for one would support an alternative forum. Can anyone make one for purposes of leaked pics, or anything we're no longer permitted to discuss?

Tom

Sounds good to me.....I loved ADC cause it wasn't like all the other forums on the web but now it looks exactly like all the other forums on the web.........Yeah man I'd join in a heartbeat.....but at the same time we don't know what JayC has to deal with. Maybe Hasbro threatened legal action if he didn't start taking the pics down???(or enforce it) Who Knows...if thats not the case I think its messed up. But yeah I would be there.

:mellow:

Hmmmm. One of the reasons that I like ADC more than other boards is that I can talk about more than just Joe all the time. There are at least 5 message boards I visit on a daily basis and adding another, just for joes, may not be an effort I want to make.

If some of you feel like Jay is being unfair about the leaked images, remember, it's not his choice at all. Some people do not seem to understand it is not an arbitrary decision by Jay to piss some of you off. Those are the rules that toy companies set, whether you like 'em or not. If any toy company does not want leaked images published, they have legal methods to shut it down. If Jay wants to run a toy oriented site, those are the rules. Most of the message boards I visit also have this type of policy after being contacted by the big H. How will you get around that?

As for the board layout, I thought Jay was working on an ADC Classic skin for those who want the old style back. Was that canned?

If some of you want to leave because of these things well, that's cool with me. I just don't think I'm going to jump ship because Jay wants to make his site better (It is a business you know) and he wants to enforce something that Hasbro wants, I can't fault him one bit. ADC will go on with new members to fill any vacancies.

@poop#

:If some of you want to leave because of these things well, that's cool with me. I just don't think I'm going to jump ship because Jay wants to make his site better (It is a business you know) and he wants to enforce something that Hasbro wants, I can't fault him one bit. ADC will go on with new members to fill any vacancies.

@poop#

no one said anything about leaving dogg lol, just creating or going to a forum to post and host the pics so we all can talk about it lol we'd still talk about it here #US1#

If some of you feel like Jay is being unfair about the leaked images, remember, it's not his choice at all. Some people do not seem to understand it is not an arbitrary decision by Jay to piss some of you off. Those are the rules that toy companies set, whether you like 'em or not. If any toy company does not want leaked images published, they have legal methods to shut it down. If Jay wants to run a toy oriented site, those are the rules. Most of the message boards I visit also have this type of policy after being contacted by the big H. How will you get around that?

Yeah I agree with you there thats what I was trying to say with my earlier post. But its still not cool IMO.......another thing is that how long would it take until HAsbro got a hold of whoever was posting pics on the other website and do the same thing????

I voted no... and seems like I am the only one willing to do so.

I will never leave ADC for another website.. ever.. there have been plenty of other GiJoe forums to join since I started here at ADC.. but ADC has always been the ONLY website I liked enough to come to everyday.. so the others were not even worth my time.

this is my internet home.. and if this place happens to go down the tubes somehow, I will just stop posting on the internet..

and even though I firmly dislike the new appearance of ADC (TNI), I aint leaving.

the forums themselves do have some new features and new problems.. but nothing that will make me leave.. I am hoping the appearance will get improved, but I can live with the forum differences..

even if I complain all over the place to JayC.. I will not abandon his website.

I might come here less because I don't enjoy it as much.. but I won't leave it for another place.

Its ADC for me, or nothing .

Most of the message boards I visit also have this type of policy after being contacted by the big H. How will you get around that?

Simple. Create a user agreement stating that all users entering said message board are not employees or associated with employess of Hasbro corp. Password protect if necessary, and you're set.

While I enjoyed ADC for what it was then, I'm not blind enough to pretend that it's not what it is now.

One thing I don't get though is that if it's just something in the Forum, what's the big deal??

If Jay were putting the "leaked images" on the MAIN WEBSITE, like I have seen TF sites do quite frequently, that would be one thing.

But just because it's something someone talks about in the (allegedly) open forum, that doesn't automatically mean it has TNI's and Jay's "Seal of Approval," does it??

I'm getting absolutely sick and motherf$#@ing tired of this world of lawyers we live in where you can't listen to the radio, watch TV, read an editorial, or watch a movie without it being CRAMMED down your freaking throat that the parent company doesn't necessarily endorse or agree with the views expressed. Kiss freedom of expression goodbye!!

We now live in a culture where it's every guy for himself, because what if he turns out to be a whacko, or a terrorist, or whatever?? What then???? Best to leave EVERYONE hung out to dry . . . until they start making money, that is . . . Keep the reigns close enough for that.

All this ranting aside, it remains to be seen whether or not I will continue to come to TNI. I do not like the main page, I don't like the forums anymore, and am disconcerted by this other stuff. I will not just pack up and leave just like that, but rather it'll be a gradual thing if I do leave. Even though ADC and now TNI will have some cool exclusive "scoops" this is totally irrelevant anymore, because the "big" news sites for every different toy franchise always has direct links to any news anyone gets anywhere. It could very well come down to the only time I will "visit" here will be through a link from another site, and that's cool. Not to be 100% callous, but if I get the scoops, it really doesn't matter where it comes from. And TNI is already well-established enough that it ain't goin' anywhere, so I know the forums will always be running fairly strong if I want to check in now and again.

Just a little notice in case some might have taken it the wrong way.If we did go with this and it worked,it does not mean you have to leave TNI.The substitute forum would mainly be for discussions around the Joe products and topics that are now considered "illegal" here at TNI due to the company's and Jay's policies.We're not asking anyone to leave nor do I even have the intention of leaving myself if we went with this.

It would just be a place to talk about Joes like old school ADC...and have the freedom we once did.I respect all that JayC has done,but the forums are not the same...and some of us just want a semi-semblence of what they once were.

Most of the message boards I visit also have this type of policy after being contacted by the big H. How will you get around that?

Simple. Create a user agreement stating that all users entering said message board are not employees or associated with employess of Hasbro corp. Password protect if necessary, and you're set.

While I enjoyed ADC for what it was then, I'm not blind enough to pretend that it's not what it is now.

I'm going to play devil's advocate @firedevil@ , but unless you ask for ID and compare it to a Hasbro Employee list, even the CEO of Hasbro could sign up and you'd be back at square 1. Not a very good solution, too easy to get around.

Why not, when these pics surface, have somebody host them, then PM people who are interested, then we can discuss these pics?

I'm not sure what the big deal is anyway, we all get to see them, even if Jay won't allow it and the last I checked, he's not locking or deleting posts where we're discussing it.

This just seems like a tempest in a tea pot, all over again. ;)

YES!

ya know what would be cool (and i would do if i knew how) is start our own site the whole shabang forums, news, dirty and clean dio's,leaked photos,customs,swearing would be A-okay! Dustin had this idea a long time ago,we should of listened!

i loved ADC but i just wish they tni change would of been for the better i could stay or move on but if i move on the forum i would go to would have to be at least as cool as the old ADC!

but as a sub site to TNI just for leaked stuff would be cool too! i cant complete a thought tonite im gonna get some sleep...... sorry if this post made no sense?

TM

Guess I can set you up an add free board if you guys want. I'll need another head for it other than myself though. even phpbb style (just like the old board.

I would join it for the "illegal" stuff

Nah. CEO's would be too busy authorizing more budget cutbats for paint detailing and more repaints to track down messageboards and sign up.

No, No I said the "security" measure would be so easy to get around, a CEO could do it. Hasbro has enough *cough* (Sgt.)*cough* snitches running around to keep pics from lasting. <_<

I will never leave ADC for another website.. ever.. there have been plenty of other GiJoe forums to join since I started here at ADC.. but ADC has always been the ONLY website I liked enough to come to everyday.. so the others were not even worth my time.

this is my internet home.. and if this place happens to go down the tubes somehow, I will just stop posting on the internet..

and even though I firmly dislike the new appearance of ADC (TNI), I aint leaving.

the forums themselves do have some new features and new problems.. but nothing that will make me leave.. I am hoping the appearance will get improved, but I can live with the forum differences..

I might come here less because I don't enjoy it as much.. but I won't leave it for another place.

@peace@ right on!

i totaly agree with CLAM. at first i thought the changes of the board would actualy keep me from posting here as much but it only reminded me that it's not the style of the board that keeps me coming here..... it's you guys! :wub: ADC is my home until i stop collecting g.ijoes. even when the site was down those couple of days i still didn't even attempt to go any where else.

3 things would only keep me from this place:

1) if all my top 10 buds left all at once i'd probably wouldn't come here as much

2)if it became marshall law around this betch with censorship on threads, posts, and topics. man we get away without alot compared to other forums. @rolleye@

3)if everybody got together that i thought i was cool with and tried to run me off. i never go anywhere that i'm not wanted unlike some people here who just can't take a hint. they make a fool out of themselves everyday by sticking around.

and if by chance any of these things happened i would never join another forum, it just would never be the same.

i'll never leave ADC as long as she keeps being good to me #US1#

No, No I said the "security" measure would be so easy to get around, a CEO could do it. Hasbro has enough *cough* (Sgt.)*cough* snitches running around to keep pics from lasting.

By entering the board, you sign a digital contract. If this contract includes exclusivisity, any Hasbro employee (including their law firms) would be breaking said contract by entering.

And then you'd have a case against them.

Besides, while TNI may have Hasbro contacts that prevent them from allowing unreleased pics in order to "get the scoop", the new board would not. And I doubt Hasbro would be willing to track us down; EagleEyeJoe be damned.

Again, I'm tired of reading threads consisting solely of:

---

"Send me a PM!"

"Cough*PM*cough*

*I need a PM*

---

And if future threads continue in this direction, the message board is a waste of my, and everyone else's, time.

I will never leave ADC for another website.. ever..  there have been plenty of other GiJoe forums to join since I started here at ADC.. but ADC has always been the ONLY website I liked enough to come to everyday.. so the others were not even worth my time.

@peace@ right on!

i totaly agree with CLAM. at first i thought the changes of the board would actualy keep me from posting here as much but it only reminded me that it's not the style of the board that keeps me coming here..... it's you guys! :wub: ADC is my home until i stop collecting g.ijoes. even when the site was down those couple of days i still didn't even attempt to go any where else.

3 things would only keep me from this place:

1) if all my top 10 buds left all at once i'd probably wouldn't come here as much

2)if it became marshall law around this betch with censorship on threads, posts, and topics. man we get away without alot compared to other forums. @rolleye@

3)if everybody got together that i thought i was cool with and tried to run me off. i never go anywhere that i'm not wanted unlike some people here who just can't take a hint. they make a fool out of themselves everyday by sticking around.

and if by chance any of these things happened i would never join another forum, it just would never be the same.

i'll never leave ADC as long as she keeps being good to me #US1#

Read my second post on this thread,Chazz...it's not about leaving TNI/ADC....it's never been about that and the reason I don't and I know a few others don't migrate to another Joe forum in light of the rules is because we enjoy it here most with our other friends.Though it is TNI now...the main carry-over from ADC is the people.

One of the main purposes behind making a new forum,besides discussing the "illegal" stuff,is discussing it with the ADC Joe fans...THAT is why we want it to be an entirely new forum...its connection with ADC is that the people who it's primarily for is the ADC Joe fans.It has nothing to do about abandoning TNI or the people here...but when something pops up that we know will be removed here...we can post it over there...but even perhaps discuss it over here.Instead of hunting all over the 'net for the "illegal" stuff,you just can view the stuff at the new forum....discuss it either there or here at TNI...because JayC has said he won't prevent us from chatting about what we've seen.

I'm not trying to change your mind here Chazz,but I just want to clarify some of the thought behind it.Tom and I discussed it first,and we made it clear to each other and now I do again to you that this is NOT about leaving TNI...it's just about giving the ADC/TNI Joe fans a centralized place to view and discuss the 'illegal' stuff.It's just mainly about us having the freedom to view and speak about what we want in the Joe world.

well, Cobra Commander... the entire problem is the actual question you asked..

you asked if we would join a "substitute" forum.. which to me means instead of.

you should have asked if we would join an ADDITIONAL forum @smilepunch@