Im Thinking Of Starting To Collect Motu Figs....

Im thinking of starting to collect MOTU figs, What are some must haves for this line? (Other than the obvious (He-Man, Skeletor)) Also, do these figs have good articulation? Any more cool/interesting info on this line would be cool...

Thanks for any answers.... @horse@

Man...it's a little late in the game. It's gonna be a real bìtch to get earlier figures like Mer-Man, Beast Man, and Stratos without resorting to inflated ebay prices. It is also especially difficult to find the line's best figures. But let me tell you, when you finally find them and your collection is up to date, it is amazing! This is the best line on the market no doubt...if only it was marketed like it should be. Even strict fans of other lines have gotten into MotU. :D

Good luck, and if you have any questions, any at all... I'm y0 man! ;)

The figures are awesome. I agree with Marzo that it's the best line going right now. I also agree with Marzo that it's not marketed like it should be.

Articulation isn't as good as Marvel Legends, but it works well with this line. You get ball jointed shoulders and thighs, turning wrists, head and waist. Good enough that the figures look good posed and are fun to play with. :)

Must haves? All of them!! Particularly Trapjaw, Two-Bad, Evil-Lyn, Man-E-Faces, Buzz-Off, take your pick because they are all great.

Man...it's a little late in the game. It's gonna be a real bìtch to get earlier figures like Mer-Man, Beast Man, and Stratos without resorting to inflated ebay prices. It is also especially difficult to find the line's best figures. But let me tell you, when you finally find them and your collection is up to date, it is amazing! This is the best line on the market no doubt...if only it was marketed like it should be. Even strict fans of other lines have gotten into MotU. :D

I started a little late in the game as well, but I managed to find a Stratos and Beastman at TRU and KB a few weeks back! Now I have the whole set except for a Battle Cat and Panthor......yes I finally have an Evil Lyn!

QUOTE (bluecyclone @ Sep 6 2003, 09:53 PM)

Good luck, and if you have any questions, any at all... I'm y0 man!

You the man huh...............why is that? 

Cuz if he has a question about MotU I most likely know it? Derrrr

When it comes to MOTU ECM is tha man!!!

I started a little late in the game as well, but I managed to find a Stratos and Beastman at TRU and KB a few weeks back! Now I have the whole set except for a Battle Cat and Panthor......yes I finally have an Evil Lyn!

Wow you got super lucky finding those recently! :)

QUOTE (bluecyclone @ Sep 6 2003, 09:53 PM)

Good luck, and if you have any questions, any at all... I'm y0 man!

You the man huh...............why is that? 

Cuz if he has a question about MotU I most likely know it? Derrrr

When it comes to MOTU ECM is tha man!!!

Uhhh....thanks Mr. Skywarp! :D

First of all check any Walgreens pharmacy stores near you. If they have MOTU figures they should be on sale at clearance.

Also some Target and Toys R us stores have them on clearance, which is good now but probly means they wont be carrying the line later.

Personally I recommend getting Trapjaw, probably my favorite out of all of them. Other than that just get what you want, and what appeals to you!

I also recommend:

Teela

Evil Lyn

Beast Man

Some repaints are being put out now, so if you see them its an easy way to get a Merman and a cool looking (in my opinion) skeletor

I dont think the prices on ebay are all that bad, really, if you know where to look.

Good luck!

If your english, [like me] youll have no trouble finding early figs cause the first load has just come out a few months ago! [this being he-man, skeletor, stratos, man-at-arms etc etc.]

My fav's include: Ambrosia Skeletor (Battle Sound), Moss Man (get ready to spend lots and lots of money because he was an exclusive and sellers are crazy people who should have no business having any toys at all), Ram Man, Tri-Klops, Two Bad, Buzz-Off, and Fire Armour Skeletor.

If you're looking to be a completist, or at least get a lot from the line, get ready to be frustrated. Just finding the figures has taken a lot of the joy out of the line for me, despite their terrific sculpts and awesome play capablities. Your best bet with older figures such as Ram Man, Mer-Man, etc., is to get the redeco figures that are showing up in some places. They're done in a different paint scheme, but they're the same figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, heck... when they're charging $9.99 for a MotU figure, who needs Walgreens? Although, I know of one not far from me that still has a Man-At-Arms. They weren't on clearance yet, so I didn't grab it. Only one Walgreens near me has clearanced them out.

Well, heck... when they're charging $9.99 for a MotU figure, who needs Walgreens? Although, I know of one not far from me that still has a Man-At-Arms. They weren't on clearance yet, so I didn't grab it. Only one Walgreens near me has clearanced them out.

Hey Rydgen good to see you made it over to ADC too! (this is theotherguy from the heman boards).

I would give it a little while--every walgreens Ive been in in cookeville and clarksville tn have had their stuff on clearance. I nabbed an asterisk heman for 5 bucks last weekend in clarksville. The one in cookeville just had SB heman, Mekancek, and Orko.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE