What Would Be Your Dream Figure?

joeblow

for me I'm gonna go with a good john romita hobgoblin.I was really dissapointed by the first one and he is one of my altime favorite spiderman villians.I'd want him to be super possable, beafy not anorexic, has atleast one pumpkin bomb with a cloth bag to hold it in(if not using in hand).Mabey a removable mask to reveal ned leeds, and a stand for his big glider.I think that figure would kick arse!@firedevil@ what do you guys want?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I would want an ML styled Iceman. However, I do not know for sure which version of Iceman I would want. I know that it wouldn't be the original snowy version, the current version, or the Ultimate version. I guess I would say the X-Factor version maybe. It really doesn't matter as long as he came with his ice slide as his base. Something similar to what Heroclix did with Iceman.

Mine isn't a single figure. I want desperatly a New X-Men box set, kinda like the old TB box sets or the new Urban/X-Men Legends box sets.

the set would consist of...

New X-Men Wolverine (in the unified costume since we have the other one already)

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Phoenix (short yellow X jacket)

Xorn

Beast

Professor x (with walking cane)

and it would be REALLY cool if they shipped a variant box,

Wolverine with yellow x-jacket

Cyclops without jacket

Emma with long coat

Phoenix with long coat

Xorn without jacket

Beast without jacket

Prof X (with wheelchair)

number 2 on my list is another box set!

X-Statix

Orphan

Anarchist

Phat

Vivesector

Venus De Milo

Dead Girl

and i think there should be two variant box sets, one comes packaged with Edie Sawyer U-Go-Girl andthe other one comes with Doop with camera strapped to his head.

I'll assume, based on context, that we're confining it to Marvel Legends/Spider-Man/Hulk Classics/X-Men Classics type figs, created at the present level of technology and at the same price-point, because if you take all of that out of the equation, my answer would likely be quite different...

I'll also for the sake of convienience, assume that the fwooshnet speculative list is what we're actually getting in ML6.

Also, while I want Bigsexy944's boxed sets there (though instead of the variant packs, I'd probably just include both cane and wheelchair for Professor X, and consider removable jackets, and then for his X-Statix idea, I'd do one box X-Force, with the old costumes and U-Go Girl, and then one box X-Statix, with current costumes and roster), I'll keep it to one fig, as the question asks for. ;)

All of that out of the way, I'll go with the Vision (narrowly beating out the Black Panther).

He'd be in his modern green and yellow costume (he's worn at least three different green and yellow costumes over the years, with the original and the current only really differeng in terms of how the cape is attached). The cape would be permanently attached, and plastic, not fabric (might have to be hard plastic in order to pull off that collar correctly, but soft plastic would be nice). To keep it simple, the body would likely use the Surfer/Daredevil base, with appropriate costume modifications. The costume details would be sculpted in, though, not just painted on.

The easiest/most likely possible variant would be to simply do the figure in translucent plastic, to either reproduce the hologram version of the character from early on in the current volume of Avengers, or to call "phasing" Vision (though traditionally, he doesn't go translucent when phasing, and while he does so now, the non-translucent internal skeleton would be too hard to pull off without an all-new custom body).

I've seen people suggest the old all-white look as a variant, but that would require more extensive revision (no pun intended) than most of the variants have gone for, unless they didn't sculpt the standard costume's details in, and merely painted them (in which case, the transformation would still require a different cape, as the white costume didn't have the collar).

The base, like the Thing's, would have a wall that can be taken apart. However, the pieces would clip together in some way instead of just fitting loosely. Some of the pieces, when removed, would allow you to place Vision half-way through the wall, and then build the rest of the wall around him, leaving no obvious gaps, and giving it the appearance of vision phasing through.

for me I'm gonna go with a good john romita hobgoblin.I was really dissapointed by the first one and he is one of my altime favorite spiderman villians.I'd want him to be super possable, beafy not anorexic, has atleast one pumpkin bomb with a cloth bag to hold it in(if not using in hand).Mabey a removable mask to reveal ned leeds, and a stand for his big glider.I think that figure would kick arse!@firedevil@  what do you guys want?

Are you talking about John's work on Hobby from ASM #238 to #250? If you are then I totally agree with you. That's the one I really want! Of course they did do one back in the mid 80's by Mattel and it did look like John's version but un fortunately I lost it in a fire.

Actually Ned Leeds isn't the Hobgoblin. The real Hobgoblin was Rodderick Kingsley. Ned was just his brain washed substitute.

At the moment, it'd be a ML Green Goblin. He'd come in his classic costume, with a removable mask featuring Norman Osborn(with red-ish hair, of course) underneath. Gobby would also have his classic glider(duh), a satchel for his pumpkin bombs, and two loose pumpkin bombs. One more thing: he'd come with a stand for his glider. I still can't believe he didnt' get made in the original Spidey Classic line.

they should have replaced toad with thor(so that all sreies one wolud be avengers, and all series 2 wolud be the fantastic four).series three should of had:wolverine,magneto,beast, gambit @gambit@ and movie daredevil(x-men theme).

series 4 should of had elektra, super poseable red skull,giant man, ghost rider and silver surfer(how long has this guy been shown at comic cons and we still wont get him until january???????????)i wouldnt have the punisher as i thought it was a poor figure and the marvel select figure was wayyyyyyyy cooler @doom@

for me it would most likey be hercules ,just how he look on my avatar. It would be perfect to put on display with thor. That would rule @smilepunch@

Did you see that fantastic Thor based Custom of Hercules over on the banned site that was doing the rounds a few weeks ago? It was superb and it proves that Toybiz could do a hercules with minimal tooling costs.