Wave 7.5 Confirmation

Arashikage Storm

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got to, it is the rules.

Well then, in this case the rules are simply not sensible. And when rules are not sensible they must be seriously reconsidered.

If youre going to go that far then Im afraid any sort of new talk would have to be banned as well. Since removing any such way to see the pictures via picture or URL links pretty much gives no one anything to comment on. Some of the best conversations are based from pictures of upcoming stuff.

Nothing to make comments on = limited to no conversation. It's like giving us a soda with no container of any sort to carry it in. One has to have the other in order for it to be of any use. While I dont suppose common frames of reference are an ABSOLUTE neccessity for conversation, it certainly HELPS a whole Hell of a lot.

Its kind of hard to have a conversation based on the sentence "I just saw some pictures of something really neat!!! " with nothing to illustrate your point. In which case the only logical conclusion would be not permitting these things to be even mentoned at all. All or nothing baby.

got to, it is the rules.

Well then, in this case the rules are simply not sensible. And when rules are not sensible they must be seriously reconsidered.

If youre going to go that far then Im afraid any sort of new talk would have to be banned as well. Since removing any such way to see the pictures via picture or URL links pretty much gives no one anything to comment on. Some of the best conversations are based from pictures of upcoming stuff.

Nothing to make comments on = limited to no conversation. It's like giving us a soda with no container of any sort to carry it in. One has to have the other in order for it to be of any use. While I dont suppose common frames of reference are an ABSOLUTE neccessity for conversation, it certainly HELPS a whole Hell of a lot.

Its kind of hard to have a conversation based on the sentence "I just saw some pictures of something really neat!!! " with nothing to illustrate your point. In which case the only logical conclusion would be not permitting these things to be even mentoned at all. All or nothing baby.

JayC has NO choice in the matter at all. Either he or the mods remove them or Jay gets a nice cease and desist letter from Hasbro. Hasbro made a very public statement last year about these types of photos, as they often come from stolen/unauthorized product being auctioned.

If you really need to blame somebody, blame Hasbro for not wanting these pics to circulate.

We aren't the ones who stole the toy. If in fact it WAS stolen.

We aren't the ones who put it up on Ebay. That person did it of their own volition. Free will baby.

Ergo,

We are not the ones they need to punish. Or is going after the REAL criminals too much common sense for them to process?

The only time I ever got email from a company about pictures was when I scanned some pictures out of a magazine and posted them cause I didn't want to have people pay 10 bucks a month to see them...

The email didn't say anything bad but just asked to remove those pictures but the rest were ok...

JayC has NO choice in the matter at all. Either he or the mods remove them or Jay gets a nice cease and desist letter from Hasbro. Hasbro made a very public statement last year about these types of photos, as they often come from stolen/unauthorized product being auctioned.

If you really need to blame somebody, blame Hasbro for not wanting these pics to circulate.

I don't think Hasbro made such a dramatic statement as that, as far as the linking of such photos or posting of them in our websites. They hoped to discourage the buying of such figures from off of eBay, but you can't even prevent that. Are they going to go to TM's house now and retrieve their Agent Faces demo from him?

I think your other explaination was more on the money, about certain toy magazines paying for the rights to first dibs on pics of a new wave, and trying to get a little sh@#ty and tough on the Internet folks who may happen to catch one of these auctions or preview pics beforehand. That or even some uppity know-all Joe site, trying to place themselves in a position over ALL OTHERS, by having a cozy little "paid for" relationship with Hasbro in an attempt to solicit more hits to their site and subsequently more MONEY from MORE ads being added.

Still doesn't wash with me and is really just nonsense. Hasbro is likely completely indifferent to the whole matter, and only attempting to appease the whiners & complainers of magazine or website owners, who claim lost revenue from such posting of pictures (which they paid for the rights to have FIRST...but in their MAGAZINE, not the whole of freaking cyberspace) and therefore since Hasbro has a little investment in it, they don't want to lose...they issue statements. @rolleye@

My suggestion is to let people know if you see something like this posted somewhere or on Ebay and to tell them about it so they can check it out but don't post the link or picture here...

People eventually gravitate to where the news is though, and where such info is posted without fear of silly emails and letters from fanboys or yes men or Hasbro themselves. Kinda like what drew many to good ol' ADC..myself included!

I got tired of reading on the google board how "ADC has the pics..go to ADC, they have the recent pics of this wave or that!" well...I did come here, and haven't ever left since!

Something to think about.

Are people really that much like sheep?

Hasbro would seem to think so. These are the same Brain Trust who gave us Sound Attack and Spy Troops after all.

However I managed to save a lot of the pictures from recent Ebay auctions and if anyone wants them they can e-mail me. I have a zip file prepared. Fairly large 3.19 meg but has multiple pics of the troop packs and the redeco's of the Treadfire and Battle Butz amoung other trinkets.

People eventually gravitate to where the news is though, and where such info is posted without fear of silly emails and letters from fanboys or yes men or Hasbro themselves. Kinda like what drew many to good ol' ADC..myself included!

I got tired of reading on the google board how "ADC has the pics..go to ADC, they have the recent pics of this wave or that!" well...I did come here, and haven't ever left since!

Something to think about.

Been thinking the same thing man and from our phone conversation I am thinking of opening my website to host these pictures, etc...

Just an idea right now... Kind of like keeping it within the ADC/TNI Family... #US1#

I don't think Hasbro made such a dramatic statement as that, as far as the linking of such photos or posting of them in our websites. They hoped to discourage the buying of such figures from off of eBay, but you can't even prevent that. Are they going to go to TM's house now and retrieve their Agent Faces demo from him?

I think your other explaination was more on the money, about certain toy magazines paying for the rights to first dibs on pics of a new wave, and trying to get a little sh@#ty and tough on the Internet folks who may happen to catch one of these auctions or preview pics beforehand. That or even some uppity know-all Joe site, trying to place themselves in a position over ALL OTHERS, by having a cozy little "paid for" relationship with Hasbro in an attempt to solicit more hits to their site and subsequently more MONEY from MORE ads being added.

Still doesn't wash with me and is really just nonsense. Hasbro is likely completely indifferent to the whole matter, and only attempting to appease the whiners & complainers of magazine or website owners, who claim lost revenue from such posting of pictures (which they paid for the rights to have FIRST...but in their MAGAZINE, not the whole of freaking cyberspace) and therefore since Hasbro has a little investment in it, they don't want to lose...they issue statements. @rolleye@

I think VH hit it on the head!! What a shame we can't all enjoy the pics anymore. Hasbro certainly loves us all and show us by taking our money. @rolleye@

Draven #US1#