Anybody Know Why Armada Wheeljack Is A Decepticon?

midnight doctor

Just ran across Armada Wheeljack at the local Wal-Mart and was shocked to discover that he has switched sides.I do not watch the Armada cartoon so I was wondering if this has showed up in an episode or if it will be touched on this season?I liked the way he still had the Autobot symbol on his hood with a large slash through it.

Anybody else that has found this figure think it looks like the Gen1 Sideswipe??

This is covered in episodes 31 and 32, "Past" parts 1 & 2. Bascily, there was a battle and Wheeljack is trapped under some debris. Hot Shot goes to get help, but is never able to make it back. Wheeljack is about to be overtaken by the flames that surround him, when Megatron appears and saves him. Wheeljack felt that Hot Shot abandoned him, and pledged his loyalty to Megatron and the Decepticons.

I don't watch the show much, either. I enjoy the parts of it without the kids. Unfortunately, I can't make myself sit through the kids parts to get to the good stuff.