Great aisle clearing idea: MOTU for Halloween!

I posted this over at heman.org as well. It will be good to clear the aisles, support MOTU, and best of all get little kids interested in the line--not to mention will make the stores you buy from order more stuff!

My kmart hasnt got anything new in months, so I decided to try and buy the last 4 stale Heman figures on the pegs and give them to some lucky kids at halloween.

If not for that, then for TOYS FOR TOTS which is right around the corner.

Many folks over at th org pointed out that if its too expensive for you then you can get the mini figs for much cheaper also!

Once I get rid of the stale figures on pegs at kmart, I plan to hit up all those friggin orkos at walmart!

anyone else going to do this?

I hate that idea.

That idea sends Mattel the message "WE CANT GET ENOUGH HE MANS! Please MAKE MORE!"

And I'm already trying to figure out what drugs the employees of Mattel are on to think that everyone needs 20 He Mans to their every 1 secondary character.

I'm as sad as the next guy about what Mattel has done to the MOTU line, but I think its MATTEL'S duty to eat the cost of their ignorance, not mine.

Phanstar

I hate that idea.

That idea sends Mattel the message "WE CANT GET ENOUGH HE MANS! Please MAKE MORE!"

And I'm already trying to figure out what drugs the employees of Mattel are on to think that everyone needs 20 He Mans to their every 1 secondary character.

I'm as sad as the next guy about what Mattel has done to the MOTU line, but I think its MATTEL'S duty to eat the cost of their ignorance, not mine.

Phanstar

we are constantly voicing our opinion to mattel about thier ignorance, and they are SUPPOSIVELY going to change case ratios very soon.

But for now I would rather help show support for this line, clear aisles, and get MORE PEOPLE/VOICES interested in it to ensure that the line is still there in the future. Too many stores are already dropping it, and that sends a huge red flag to me saying, "if you dont take action soon, this line will be gone in a year".

A MOTU line with bad case assortments is better than no MOTU line at all... :-?

Hey I got a better Idea. Lets all go to our local wal marts, toys r us, and targets and buy *ALL* the he mans/skeletors. Then keep them in the package and keep the receipt. Then when they bust out the new cases we can go buy our evil lynns, whiplashes, two bads, mane faces and buzz offs... Then we go back a week later and return 30 he mans saying some dumb excuse like "My kid only wants 1 he man, not 30."

Phanstar

:)

Subj: (no subject)

Date: 9/1/2003 8:48:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time

To: HardcoreH1

A MOTU line with bad case assortments is better than no MOTU line at all...  :-?

EXACTLY!!! I'm glad someone else sees it my way. They're going to change the case assortments, they're going to give us Snake Men, they have the best sculpters in the industry, they send out thier rep to answer our questions, they have chats with us, they gave us a cartoon that rocks, and I think the least we can do is help kids and help Mattel keep producing MOTU.

I don't know about you guys, but 5 quality Batman figures in less than a year is better than no quality Batman figures at all. Same for MOTU. I have purchased 19 different He-Man characters in the last 14 months (that is every different character they've made btw). Lets see, in 1984 did they put out 19 different figures in that short period of time? NOOOOO!!! If this was 1984 everyone would be b*tching because they haven't gotten a new figure in months.

Think about that. 19 figures. 19 quality kick ass figures that look amazing. 19. 19! I know everyone can't find them all, but that's because some jerks go out and buy the case at Wal-Mart and sell them on ebay, preventing alot of people from getting them. This includes a few ADC members that scalp their crap or try to right here on the boards. If everyone would refuse to pay a scalpers price they'd stop doing that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone should be positive. But who am I kidding, that'll never happen.

You bought 19 he mans in 14 months hehe more power to you. But guess what... You are the MINORITY. and Hasbro should be smart enough to know this. Heck ALL of us were smart enough to know this. We all saw it coming around the time Jungle Attack he man was released. We said WHAT ANOTHER HE MAN?!? WHY? Then we get a battle tank with a packed in He Man, Ice armor He man, Samurai He Man, Thunder punch he man, blah blah blah. You get the picture. I mean really it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out you send a case out with 6 he mans and 2 non he mans, and the 2 non he mans fly off the pegs in abotu an hour of the store opening, meanwhile the 6 he mans rot for a month. Then the store finally sells 2 he mans so they open another package. Ok now they got 8 he mans and 2 other characters, the 2 other characters are gone in an hour... and the 8 he mans rot for 2 months.

Stores can see this, collectors can see this, WHY CANT MATTEL?!?! AND *WHY* is it my duty to spend 8 bucks per figure on 10 figures I DONT EVEN WANT, just to prove to mattel and stores that this line is worth keeping? Its been happening since Jungle Attack He Man which was Like what a YEAR AGO? So why has mattel *STILL* done nothing about it.

I love the new he man figs too, but Im not about to go buy 80 bucks worth of figures I dont even want just at the hopes that a few more figures I do want will be released someday and I can hunt for them for 6 months too.

Thats ridiculous.

Phanstar

I dont think a change in case assortments alone will save this line. They need to realize we dont need 1-2 NEW sculpts of He man every wave. if they are worried about the main characters being available thats fine, throw in *1* old school He man in every case or something. But really changing the case assortments is important. But not releasing two fresh he man sculpts every wave is just as important too.

Phanstar

great points Tommy goth and phanstar!

I think they just need to cut back on the amount of hemans per case also...

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE