MAURICE who?

backlash_ohio

1) This belongs to the Sports Forum

2) You Buckeyes were soooo damn lucky during that game. Let's be honest here that REF gave you that game. If that ref didn't call Pass interference at the last play, you would of seen Miami holding the title. I'm not a Miami U fan, I'm just saying its kinda stupid for Ohio State to brag about something that was given to them. :roll:

Hey.. I like Ohio State.. but Royal Marine is right.. the buckeyes did not deserve to win the Championship game at all.. that pass interference was Bullcrap..

Miami really won.

And on top of that.. Ohio State was pretty lucky in alot of their games last year.. They were lucky to beat Illinois.. and lucky to beat Michigan

and I just looked over the stats for the game..

you say "MAURICE who?" but the other back, Halls I think, only had like 50 yards.. thats not very good.. and they will need Clarret if they hope to be good this year

man.. Ohio State barely even beat San Diego State today.. an unranked team.

they better clean up their act if they want to contend for the BCS.. or even the Big10 championship, cause MICHIGAN is gonna whoop their butt

OSU isn't going anywhere. Last year they got the bad call of the century in their favor. UM beat them and should have repeated as National Champions. But, we all know how everybody hates UM, probably because they have been the best program since 1980.

And to anyone who says UM should have taken care of business...we did! We got screwed...bottom line. AND, don't forget we lost Willis McGahee during that came so we weren't running on all cylinders.

By the way, OSU already dropped in the polls. They are now number 3 and Big Daddy UM is 2

They should have went down Sat. That interception they got that hit the ground. If T.A. Mclendon #44 was at 100% it would have been a whole different story. The few times that he came in the game he was just pounding the OSU defense. If NCSU hadn't done those 2 QB sneaks at the end they might have come out on top.

• 2 weeks later...

Geesh! How have I been missing all this horse pukey about my Buckeyes? @loll@

"lucky"..? "bad calls"...? :o

What game in ANY sport, doesn't have those accusations tossed at'em? The Buckeyes do what they have to do to WIN, and winning is what they KEEP doing. I don't care if it's close or a blowout, I see the big W at the end of the game and that's all that matters to me.

On the Championship game, and the "bad call" theory? Anybody that watched it on tv can say that, but when you sit there and the see the ENTIRE play in action, you see the interference much more clearly, but those 2 dipsh@# announcers on the tv, weren't going to call it as it was!

BUCKEYES earned the title. How MANY freakin' chances were they suppose to give Miami anyway...3 MORE? @loll@

Being from Ohio and a fan of the Cleveland Browns as well, I'm use to getting f@#ked every Sunday, by the "bad calls" and idiotic penalties of the referees, so to get a favorable call is a welcomed treat on any occasion...I'll take'em all. ^_^but the championship game call was correct, just controversial

All I'm saying is,they need to be careful. You can't build up a lead like they did against NC State and then let them come back in the fourth quarter and come close to getting beat in OT. Nor can you just slip by a team like Bowling Green by a touchdown. Who by the way,got their teeth stomped in last week to BC,who in turn had theirs done by Miami the week before. As to Miami themselves,they better not keep playing like they did against W.Virginia tonight or they won't be going anywhere either.

About the championship game last year: Honestly, the call was awful. Maybe I am biased since I am a Canes fan but even people non partial to either team knew it was BS. Heck, even the Cane haters I know admittedly say it was BS even though they were happy the Canes lost. If we didn't lose Willis McGahee earlier in the game it wouldn't have even gotten to that point. But, it is over and done. OSU played good enough to win and with a bad call, which happens in every sport, they won.

Now on to UM: Unfortunately, they aren't going to go anywhere this year. Brock Berlin clearly lacks the poise and Joe Montana-esque qualities that Ken Dorsey had. Frank Gore isn't the same back he was a year ago before he got hurt. Last night was pathetic. Maybe you can make a case for their poor play by saying that they were looking past WV to Florida State, but I don't think it is the case. I hope I am wrong though. Coker needs to drill the hell out of the them all week long now.

Now on to UM: Unfortunately, they aren't going to go anywhere this year. Brock Berlin clearly lacks the poise and Joe Montana-esque qualities that Ken Dorsey had. Frank Gore isn't the same back he was a year ago before he got hurt. Last night was pathetic. Maybe you can make a case for their poor play by saying that they were looking past WV to Florida State, but I don't think it is the case. I hope I am wrong though. Coker needs to drill the hell out of the them all week long now.

Actually, last night's game is what seperates teams like K-State or Texas from national champions. It may have been ugly, but a win is still a win.