G.I.Joe Frontline 11-14 Review

JayC

FL11_AD_ART__scaled_100.jpgFL12_AD_ART__scaled_100.jpgFL13_AD_ART__scaled_100.jpgFL14_AD_ART__scaled_100.jpg

I just got done reading issues 11-13 of Frontlines. If you haven't read Frontlines or haven't read it lately I highly recommend you giving these issues a try.

I love the art in this story. Eddy Barrows really impressed me, especially with issue #13. The Baroness is looking real good.

What I like most about this story is not the plot itself though so far thats not bad, but till the final issue is out next week I will withhold judgement on that. But what I really like is how the story has taken bits from different things. The toyline, the curent comic line, classic characters and even a few nods to the classic cartoon.

First I like how not so mainstream characters are bing used. Classic characters like Flash, Tripwire, Air Tight and Wild Weasle in issue 11 and 12. and other charcaters that have had recent new figures made for the JvC line like Shockwave and how it mixes them well with new characters from the regular comic like firewall.

Then there are a few nods to the classic cartoon I noticed to like Hector Remeriez from 20 Questions and Blackwater Gate Prison and the comment about Beachhead not using deoderant. Reminded me of the Arise Serpentor Arise mini series when Mainframe and Beachhead were locked in the coffin together.

Anyway like I said till I see how the actual story ends I wont give a final verdict but so far I give this story arc 4 shields.

folder_new_big.giffolder_new_big.giffolder_new_big.giffolder_new_big.gif

Issue 11-13 are out now and 14 should be out next week.

Wait...I thought the new SWAT looking figure from JVC was called Wide Scope, not Shockwave from the RAH line. Did Shockwave just have a name change for JVC? I ask cause I haven't got my wave 7 figures yet.

I also like the appearence of Crosshairs. Isn't that the first for a character created in the toys to make it to the comics?

No the toy is still called Wide Scope but in the comic he is still called Shockwave. The toy name had to be changed for copyright reasons which dont apply to the comic.

ALl the frontlines stories have rocked besides' hamas. But this one is especialy cool though it feels like it's in two parts instead of 4.

I like this frontline story, but do you know what would top this?  well MY FRONTLINE story   8)  :wink:

mine too, but i'm focusing epic at the moment.

So the two characters in question, Wide Scope and Shockwave, are infact the same character? What're the guys' real names listed on their file cards though? Cause I figured that if it was the same character and there was some kinda copyright problem they just would of added something (like Agent or Chief) before/after the Shockwave name.

So the two characters in question, Wide Scope and Shockwave, are infact the same character? What're the guys' real names listed on their file cards though? Cause I figured that if it was the same character and there was some kinda copyright problem they just would of added something (like Agent or Chief) before/after the Shockwave name.

i dont know i was hoping someone who had a wide scoop file card and a shockwave file card could scan them and post them lol

here is the yojoe ones:

http://www.yojoe.com/filecard/03/widescope.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/filecard/89/shockwave2.shtml

Not the same person but the same basic role and DD just took advantage of that and used the old character in the newbies custom.

here is the yojoe ones:

http://www.yojoe.com/filecard/03/widescope.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/filecard/89/shockwave2.shtml

Not the same person but the same basic role and DD just took advantage of that and used the old character in the newbies custom.

well hopefully when they finally can use Shockwave, then we'll get a new figure, if they cant get that name call him Sgt Shockwave 8)