Animated BEAST WARS CARTOON

CHA

Anyone know where I can get copies of the Japanese Anime Beast War movies or episodes. Don't want to download, would prefer to import or buy.

F beast wars. :evil:

G1 will and will always be the king.

G1 for life, the reason that beast wars sucked is the fact that they were beasts, Optimus is not supposed to be an ape. Optimus is a truck and should always be remembered as a truck.

Hey Cha77.Glad I'm not the only one who likes Beast Wars 2 and Beast Wars Neo.I've got a couple of BW2 and Neo tapes I picked up at a convention a couple of years back.About the only way you will get them here in the states is to buy a bootleg from someone at a convention or go to a website that sells bootlegs.

F beast wars. :evil:

G1 will and will always be the king.

Have you watched Beast Wars? It makes G1 look like RiD in terms of plot and maturity. There were FAR less errors in it, too. The toys were the first highly articulated TF toys and opened the door for the poseability seen later on in RiD. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but it sounds to me like you haven't even watched an episode of Beast Wars. As for the whole Optimus Prime vs. Optimus Primal thing, Optimus Primal is NOT the leader of the maximals. He is not even directly related to Prime (or if he is, it was never mentioned anywhere in the cartoon). He was merely the captain of a ship of explorers. Yes, the hole in the mouthplate thing was a little weird at first, but you get used to it, and in the animation, it doesn't even really look that bad. If you can get over some of the toys, check out the cartoon. About 95% of the people who have watched it think it's really great, and most people I've talked to who have seen it think it surpasses the G1 cartoon.

Right, seeing as how you probably have seen the show even less than me..

actually i watched a couple of episodes, and after i realized it sucked, i stopped watching it.

I applaud you for at least watching a few episodes. Thanks for at least giving it a shot before condemning it.

I saw Beast Wars before G1, and G1 blows hard compared to Beast Wars. Like people said, storyline, character development, and actual transformations were better than G1. It's only going to be like that though since G1 was made in 1984 as opposed to 1996 for Beast Wars. Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio also made Beast Wars the way it was, awesome. Now Beast Machines, lets just forget that ever happened. Along with R.I.D. and Armada, at least first season Armada.

Beast Wars was a great series. I love the characters, storyline, and the transformations. G1 will always be the great TF series that started it all. But Beast Wars will ALWAYS be the one series that gave Transformers life again in the 90s. 8)

Transfans will always be divided by G1 and Beast Wars.I for one was not set on fire when the show first aired but the more and more I watched of it the more I began to dig it.The show really got moving in season 2 with the intro of the Transmetals and Fuzors and had something that many cartoons have always overlooked-DRAMA.The show had one of the greatest endings when we discovered Waspinator had survived the war and was left alone on Earth and was finally happy."Sniff""Sniff" Good stuff.

As far as the line between G1 and BW goes the characters of Optimus and Megatron were not our G1 Optimus and Megatron but future versions with legacy names only.I don't think it was ever once stated that these guys were the one and only versions of these guys.

While many will contend that G1 is the best TF series I will go as far as saying I like Beast Wars more.There is no disrespect aimed at G1 lovers and i still have great fondness for G1 but i'll take Beast Wars any day.

what was the cartoon with the cgi that aired for a pretty short time?

because if that was beast wars it blew...hard. not sure what year or generation or whatever it was. but thats what i think of when i think beast wars. no where near as good as the original cartoon series....NO WAY.

im partial to armada as of now, havent seen enough of it- but when i turned it on iearly in the season i saw little kids playing in high school. :x

call me nostalgic or whatever- but i know crap when i see it. my 2 cents.

As far as the line between G1 and BW goes the characters of Optimus and Megatron were not our G1 Optimus and Megatron but future versions with legacy names only.I don't think it was ever once stated that these guys were the one and only versions of these guys.

quote]

From what I understand,the names are kinda like a badge of honor. It's consider a great deal if you get to be named "Optimus" or "Megatron". At least that's what I thought from the series.

what was the cartoon with the cgi that aired for a pretty short time?

because if that was beast wars it blew...hard. not sure what year or generation or whatever it was. but thats what i think of when i think beast wars. no where near as good as the original cartoon series....NO WAY.

call me nostalgic or whatever- but i know crap when i see it. my 2 cents.

ditto.

G1 extremists need to get a time machine move to the past and keep moving to the past everytime they stop airing G1 or get over themselves.

tell me where i can get a time machine, i would love to pick up some MISB G1 Transformers, and maybe i could warn Fox not to air the stupid Beast Wars cartoon.