Wave 9 line-up

JayC

Thanx to blue foot booby & Nasburado for sending this info in. They say in this months previews magazine wave 9 was listed as including:

Duke vs. Cobra Commander

Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow

Hi-Tech vs. Dr. Mindbender

Agent Scarlett vs. Sand Viper

Heavy Duty vs. Razorclaw

Alley Viper vs. Cobra Viper

It also says it will ship in December 2003. I haven't confirmed this but if it was in Previews im sure its pretty reliable but of course Im sure its subject to change.

I'm under the impression that Duke, Dr. Mindbender, Snake-Eyes, Scarlett, & Stormshadow are new sculpts?

Cobra Commander, Sand Viper, & Heavy Duty will be repaints?

Will the Alley-Viper and Viper be new sculpts? Please say yes!

What is Hi-Tech? An engineer or what?

I'm under the impression that Duke, Dr. Mindbender, Snake-Eyes, Scarlett, & Stormshadow are new sculpts?

Correct, thats what was said at the convention

Cobra Commander, Sand Viper, & Heavy Duty will be repaints?

Correct, CC in the black repaint, sand viper who knows but probally cobra blue or crimson or Desert Scorpian colors, heavy duty, probally night force or tiger force repaint, maybe desert.

Will the Alley-Viper and Viper be new sculpts? Please say yes!

YES

What is Hi-Tech? An engineer or what?

your guess is as good as mine on this one, and i think it wont be WAVE 9 it'll be WAVE 1 as i think they'll start over 8)

It also says it will ship in December 2004. I haven't confirmed this but if it was in Previews im sure its pretty reliable but of course Im sure its subject to change.

Wave 9 ships in December of 2004?

Thats a long time for wave 9... 8)

Two army builders in one pack? Sound almost too good to be true. And they're new sculpts to boot?

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be RAH reissues again.

nah this will be the JvC ones man, be happy for a change 8 speed lol ;-)

These sound promising. I look forward to the main characters (well...my main characters). Isn't there a Zarana figure out?

Also, how is Alley Viper vs Viper? Is that some kind of troop building help from Hasbro? :o

A bit off topic. I once saw a BAT vs Shiprewck two pack, but the inside bubble was for Dart and the purple CLAW figure. It had the CLAW figure and all the weapons from that set, but in Dart's place, was a BAT....Wish I'd picked that one up, the whole thing was sealed and everything, it even sat on the shelves of Target for quite some time....JAMMIT!!!! :x

Two army builders in one pack? Sound almost too good to be true. And they're new sculpts to boot?

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be RAH reissues again.

nah this will be the JvC ones man, be happy for a change 8 speed lol ;-)

I'm just surprised that Hasbro didn't pack the new Viper with Raptor and Alley Viper with Crystal Ball. It's all too uncharacteristic of them to not milk it from the get go.

If it is a reality, you know the rest of the assortment are gonna be the pegwarmers. :)

This will be a great wave. Like many of you though I am tired of getting the same figures (Scarlett, Mindbender,etc...) every couple of waves. With the Alley Vipers and Vipers being new sculpts and the fact there are no duplicate two packs (why did they put Grunt and Destro in the same two pack again!!!) I will probably order them from BBTS so I get a chance at them. I still have yet to find wave 7 at retail for my second BAT.

This will be a great wave. Like many of you though I am tired of getting the same figures (Scarlett, Mindbender,etc...) every couple of waves. With the Alley Vipers and Vipers being new sculpts and the fact there are no duplicate two packs (why did they put Grunt and Destro in the same two pack again!!!) I will probably order them from BBTS so I get a chance at them. I still have yet to find wave 7 at retail for my second BAT.

in case no one has already, welcome to the boards man, i just wish they'd show some pics 8)

It also says it will ship in December 2004. I haven't confirmed this but if it was in Previews im sure its pretty reliable but of course Im sure its subject to change.

Wave 9 ships in December of 2004?

Thats a long time for wave 9... 8)

that HAS to be a typo. I don't think that previews would list something that won't be coming out for almost a year and a half. I know that JayC didn't mistype (he actually doesn't make mistakes... ;) ) so, therefore, Previews must have the wrong date listed....

do I get a no-prize? :)

Yeah it's 2003 lol, i never noticed that.

Yeah i'll be ordering these on line for the chances to get the vipers but man it's gonna be hard to get those vipers.

Sales will be up after the spy troops movie is on tv too.

Thanx to blue foot booby & Nasburado for sending this info in. They say in this months previews magazine wave 9 was listed as including:

Duke vs. Cobra Commander

Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow

Hi-Tech vs. Dr. Mindbender

Agent Scarlett vs. Sand Viper

Heavy Duty vs. Razorclaw

Thanks for posting JayC...I just saw this ish of Previews and wrote it all down. I have some slight differences on a few of them though, but Im sure yours is right. I have:

Agent Scarlett vs. Sand Scorpion

Alley Viper ii vs. Cobra Viper

And yeah it did say Dec 2003.

Im sure by Sand scorpion they mean Sand Viper, but maybe not! See, they had a Picture of Sand viper, BUT it says in small print something like "previous assortment shown" so maybe it will be a new guy?

Also, I dont know if this means anything, but at the end of the description it had this number: (309/56995).

WoW I really can't wait to see if that is a new stormshadow figure and the new charaters Razorclaw and hi-tech. The army-builder packs sound cool but I am not an Army Builder (too expensive)!!!