slades ninja popularity theory...

slade

ok here goes:

id say people for the most part are split on the ninjas. i for one like ONLY stormshadow, and believe he should be the only figure displaying/representing ninja traits. (garb, weaponry, fighting style)...but i digress.

why are they so popular you ask? well for a number of reasons:

you will basically like who kicks the most a$$...you will never be caught dead liking bobo the clown whos basically target practice for the rest of the joe world. its just not happening.

but heres the kicker...the REASON they kick ass because hasbro made gijoe hand to hand combat friendly. and for this the sniper characters will NEVER be that popular. NO ONE EVER HITS ANYTHING WITH A BULLET. i ask myself....why do they even have guns in the first place ?! to kill ridiculous robots...and thats pretty lame. so what happens? the knife and sword, fist and leg rule...so the ninjas/hand to hand fighters will continue to get the most fighting time/comic pages for this reason alone.

as for me, i wanna see flint put 2 in mindbenders dome. is that askin too much?- i dont think so.

p.s- any cartoon that can have twin accountants as two of the more popular characters....is doing SOMETHING wrong. Put the kiddie sh1t aside and lets see some GUNS already.

The kiddy stuff won't be pushed aside, and because of that, the most we can hope for is more BATs getting blown up.

Funny how the first version of Storm Shadow is most like how a real one would be; the rest are just come karate fighters impersonating a ninja. The first one is also the only one that got the Japanese swords right (one long sword called a tachi, or offensive battle sword, and a second small one called a wakizashi, which is for defense). The rest look like big fat machetes.

The kiddy stuff won't be pushed aside, and because of that, the most we can hope for is more BATs getting blown up.

its frustrating... :x

all these slices and dices and ninja kus and nike shoes dont amount to dogsh1t...stormy is the way of the ninja. 8)

its frustrating... :x

all these slices and dices and ninja kus and nike shoes dont amount to dogsh1t...stormy is the way of the ninja. 8)

Dont diss NINJA KU and SATAN 8)

1) Tom's First Rule of GI Joe: Ninja's Suck. No Exceptions

In my 'world', Snake Eyes is nothing more than a commando. Yes, he has extensive training in foriegn martial combats, but he's not a JUMP FLIP UP THE KICK SAVE THE DAY one man army.

2) Soldiers with guns are cooler than fancifully dressed shmucks trading kicks and punches.

3) You're right, Slade. Most kids are naturally stupid, and would flock to toys like Power Rangers or Ninja Turtles, for some reason.

Tom

i just cant wait for the day when a hiss explodes without the shmoes inside getting away just in time.

its a conspiracy i tell you. :o the us army is behind all of this. they are making young, capable american youngsters believe that war can be fun(with a black belt) and you will NEVER get shot....like, ever. :)-

its a conspiracy i tell you. :o the us army is behind all of this. they are making young, capable american youngsters believe that war can be fun(with a black belt) and you will NEVER get shot....like, ever. :)-

Well, when I join up, I can guarantee you that Saving Private Ryan blew that misconception out of my mind! :lol:

Tom

:lol:

btw wtf is andorian?

<-----

i had to ask. :wink:

Every one hundred posts you get a different, pointless rank. Andorian is an alien race from Star Trek. Blue skin, white hair, antennae.

Tom

In my 'world', Snake Eyes is nothing more than a commando.

I prefer SE as a commando too. The flips and somersaults just adds to his deadliness. A prime example of this is the SE Trilogy (#94-#96) and the mission to Borovia (#104) during the Marvel run. Ninja-enhanced body count. :wink:

I love me ninjas too. Storm Shadow in his kick-ass v2 uniform in the issue #85. Awesome...

So some ninjas is OK with me.

:lol: http://www.realultimatepower.net/ :lol:

8) diesel

IMO what makes Storm Shadow and Snake Eye's Ninja Training deady is not really the martial arts aspect but that the whole of the training Regimen is dedicated to one thing: turning out an Assassin.

Intensively trained Assassin's are obviously going to be deadly.

To me Snake Eyes and Kamakura are more true to the Ninja outlook: they always use the best weapons they can get for a task, be it swords, shuricken, guns, grenades, tanks, whatever. Storm Shadow and the rest of the Joe/Cobra Ninja characters generally limit themselves to only medeval japanese weapons, which is a silly limitation to place on yourself if you're an assassin.

To me Snake Eyes and Kamakura are more true to the Ninja outlook: they always use the best weapons they can get for a task, be it swords, shuricken, guns, grenades, tanks, whatever.

Which is why I like SE over SS. :D

Storm Shadow and the rest of the Joe/Cobra Ninja characters generally limit themselves to only medeval japanese weapons, which is a silly limitation to place on yourself if you're an assassin.

Good point overall. Though, I think if it really came down to it, SS would have no problems picking up a gun. We know the Night Creepers don't.

:lol:

btw wtf is andorian?

<-----

i had to ask. :wink:

Every one hundred posts you get a different, pointless rank. Andorian is an alien race from Star Trek. Blue skin, white hair, antennae.

Tom

I thought they were from animorphs, and i've had some cool ranks but not recently,...

The reason the ninjas such as SS carry the weapons they do is simple. THEY ARE SILENT. Ninjas are supposed to go in, kill, and leave without ever raising the alarm. Tossing a grenade might just raise an alarm...

BTW, how do you know that SS doesn't carry some silenced pistol in the folds of his jacket? 8)