Big O Not As Good As Season 1?

BigBot84

So far, do you think season 2 is as good as season 1?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. So far, do you think season 2 is as good as season 1?

• Yes
    • No
    • Why are you asking this? We still have a lot of episodes to go!

So far, what is everyone's opinion on Big O season 2? As of now, I don't think it's as good as the first season. There's something about it that just doesn't keep me as captivated. And I love the first season. And if Adult Swim says that the ratings are not doing as good, maybe they should have advertised it more.

I'm liking it as is. Season one's only purpose was to introduce characters and open the door to the real meat of the story, which is clearly laced all through Season 2.

Possible factors for captivation was just that, the differnt story with a general concept on top of it each episode, which worked very much like an Episode of Batman.

However, unlike Batman, Big O has a clear cut path, and a clear cut villain. Beating around the bush is what almost killed the series in Japan. Yes, the formula was a hit here and the states, and it was the American success that kept it alive, but the new season would still be aired in Japan, where ratings there come first. A definitive ending had to be drawn out for this, or Sunrise runs the risk of losing the entire Japanese community.

Also, you have to be willing to accept the apparent EVA factor in this. Last Sunday's episode was the most symbolic episode yet, and the show seems to be following the same mindf*** equation that boosted EVA into the realm of stardom.

In any case, what did everyone think of the Big Trio really being all three Deuses?

I thought that was really cool, and obviously we all saw their faces, or at least one of them in the first episode, but now it was just confirmed. Yeah, what you say is very true. I was just wondering what everyone thinks about the series right now. Seems the anime forum here is not quite dead, but not quite alive.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Logan Howlett @ Sep 7 2003, 09:51 PM)

Big O sux, mostly cuz it's sooo idiotic and stupid how everytime he shows up and leaves he totally destroys the street, and he's supposed to be a good guy, urr, infrastructure

ya know,logan id like to know what you think anout x-men,i think it sucks @ohyeah@

back to the topic.i love Big O its the collest thing scince gundam and batman,and if you have a problm with that,bring it up with me.

It didn't look different to me except when Roger was fighting against that android. I can't even remember his name, I was half paying attention. I wish the animation was the way it was in the first season. I know the animation is newer, like most animes are now, but sometimes I wish they'd completely hand draw them. It's still good though.