Original He-man. The fun stuff

CkRtech

Okay everyone. Pull off those action figure chases for a bit. Remember the original show? (of course you do....you are here, aren't you?)

I actuallys still have two video tapes that I owned....back when they were new I guess. Haha.

I watched them about a year or so ago and I was amazed at how much stock footage Filmation used in each episode!! I am sure you have all had a discussion about this before (except it seems like most messages are about the toys).

Also - Did they ever show He-man changing back into Adam...or explain how it was done?

i don't think they ever did show him turn back into adam. he-man would kind of just disappear and then adam would show back up after a while like nothing happened.

ahh, the good old days. when you're 5 years old though, you don't ask questions.

i should still be like that. i think i would like more movies. hehe.

I believe there is one episode that shows him turning back into Adam. I've heard about it but have never seen it. I have every episode on tape but haven't gotten around to watching them.

However, in one episode he goes to a different world where everything is backwards. He can't figure out how to change into He-Man, but finally realizes that if he says "Grayskull of Power the By" he can do it. Pretty cool stuff.

I myself am amazed at how I could watch that show back then and not notice that every character was animated the same way except for a few. They all ran exactly the same, fell the same, laughed the same. It was all the same just different bodies.

Did anybody notice that they slightly changed the into to the new cartoon? They added graphics that are computer animated. Its hard to notice, but its during the explosions and when the Tri-clops shoots during his flips. Before you could tell it was all hand drawn. I would have never noticed except the other day I woke up and it was on the tv right when I rolled over and when your in that state of mind you notice that kind of stuff. It just makes it look modern kind of like zoids.

I like the new version of the intro to the new He-Man series. It pays more homage to the classic show. As for the classic show the only episodes I have seen are the ones that came with the wave 1 figures last year ( I watched the show back in the day but I can't remember them. I was 2 or 3). They do reuse alot of footage. I like the new cartoon better but I would like to hear a new version of the classic theme. To really be a He-Man show it needs the old school theme.

Also - Did they ever show He-man changing back into Adam...or explain how it was done?

I know how he did it and he needed a few minutes of privacy and a current Playboy. :wink:

And about that stock footage, I would always do that when running around my house looking for something, I would stop in an opening and hold my arms out to the sides while looking back and fourth before starting to run again. :)-

And about that stock footage, I would always do that when running around my house looking for something, I would stop in an opening and hold my arms out to the sides while looking back and fourth before starting to run again.  

qeelocke, suddenly my work day didn't seem as long. Thanks for the laugh, it was great. :lol:

Yeah, whatever episode that I recall watching (where are those tapes???) had He-Man running inside a cave....and then he would smash some robot thing (I think) ....and the smashing (slow over-the-head sword swoop) would be the same footage....and then he would run again (with the cels flipped so he could run the OTHER way...oooooooo....and then smash again. It was crazy.

Why did Filmation fold when they didn't have to spend money on anything? Hehehe. It's like they just hired some artists for a day, saved all the original stuff, made copies, and then hired some animators and said, "here....use this."

Okay everyone. Pull off those action figure chases for a bit. Remember the original show? (of course you do....you are here, aren't you?)

I actuallys still have two video tapes that I owned....back when they were new I guess. Haha.

I watched them about a year or so ago and I was amazed at how much stock footage Filmation used in each episode!! I am sure you have all had a discussion about this before (except it seems like most messages are about the toys).

Yeah in problem with power we see how He-man changes back to Adam by holding aloft his sword and saying "Let the power return!"

Oh man the good old days !!! :P

I remember reading somewhere (He-Man.org I believe) that the original He-Man cartoon was very expensive and that's why it was never shown in syndication. But they said the same thing about the GI Joe cartoon.

Chris here...

The original He-Man cartoon was amazing, one of my favourites of all-time, and I have lots of happy memories (both old and comparatively recent) of watching it. :)

The biggest area where I think the new MOTU cartoon exceeds the quality of the original is with the animation - as has been mentioned, the Filmation show had a heavy reliance on stock footage. IMO, however, this did have a compensation in that the writing on the show had to be absolutely top-notch in order to bypass this handicap - consequently, you have what for my money is probably the best-written cartoon of the 1980s! :)

Why were Filmation's cartoons expensive to make when they looked rather low-budget? My understanding of the answer is that they were made entirely in the US - whereas the majority of the show's contemporaries were animated overseas (notably Japan) where the labour was cheaper, all of Filmation's series were animated in the US. That's what I've been told, anyway. :)

And yes, as has been correctly stated there was an original series episode that showed He-Man changing back to Adam - the episode was the classic "The Problem With Power", and the phrase he uses to change back is "Let the Power return!" :)

Take care... :)

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE