Changes to the Joe universe?

Silenthunter

I know a few of us still play with our Joes. and I was wondering if any of you guys have made changes to the Joe universe in your worlds. I have made several changes. instead of Sand Vipers being troops in my world. there is only one. and he is a genetically enhanced person. after a Cobra search and rescue team found a frozen Velociraptor egg. Cobra Commander was incredibly excited by this find and ordered for a clone to be created using his own DNA and some from the egg. but due to the badly decayed DNA of the egg. the new born clone was incredibly weak he couldn't breath and so Cobra Commander ordered that Destro save his "son" or he would suffer the same fate. so Destro used a prototype suit that he had already designed, it has a system of veins filled with tiny Nanobots that heal the wearer and allow it's self to grow. Cobra Commander quickly became attached to his "son" and nicknamed him Dan. but as the years passed and Dan's powers grew. Cobra Commander quickly became suspicious of Dan and when Dan was 9, ordered Destro to have him disposed of. so Dan was loaded on a passager plane and while they were flying over Canada. the Crimson Guard Immortal that was flying the plane flew straight into a large mountain. Dan survived but his suit did not. Cobra Commander had encouraged Dan to read survival books and such so he had most of the needed know-how to survive. Dan was 19 around the same time as the Joes were rebanding. Dan adopted the name Velocity and began murdering innocent people. it seems as a side effect of his usual birth. he has chemical imbalances. in short Velocity has all of the natural strengths of a Velociraptor and he is as crazy as a sh**house rat.

i'm pretty sure there's more than a few us, especially those who play with their joes (and those that are into making dios), who alter their joe universes. i know i do. sticking to cannon is boring, what's the fun if you can't take something and make it your own. sure, you're playing in someone else's backyard, but you still gotta play your own way. then again, not everyone is creative and imaginative by nature, some people like to stick with the rules and what they're told.

anyway, hehe, your story about dan is cool, but the sand viper is too bad ass for me to not use him as a troop. but, more power to ya. as long as you're having fun, that's what matters. 8)

diesel

oh yeah, I have my joeverse set in post apocalyptic times

Slice killed hawk on several other joes on a suicide mission in the name of Iron klaw.

Iron Klaw took over for cobra for a time, now he is brainwashed upon cc's return from prision (he got busted out but while in he would let anyone remove his mask set with a bomb remember that story?) and thinks he is cc's son and is a great general

Dr. Banner devolpved btr technology and Cobra got it first but now it's in the hands of the joes too.

The joes are the elite soliders of the fleding rebirthed nation known as g.s.g. (global states of Gaia) that before cobra (and actuatal cobra was a weaker terrorist force who wormed itsway into a legion lead by one Emperor Palpintne) with others took over and eventual weeded itself in charge and elimanted other factions.

Storm shadow was enhanced by mindbender and brainwashed after a fight in mindbender's huge labortory (he was doing mutanting expermints) and has now been thought dead after Aleph appeared and near gutted him and tossed him off a 16 story building.

Aleph is the greastet ninja in the world. Him and the nightcreepers are taking hold of the unruled area for money and power.

Necro is an unaligned mad man with superpowers. Hates cobra, hates joe, likes to kill people.

The noks have severed ties with cobra, and ZARTAN! zartan is now an espionsge agent and Ripper is incharge of the noks as the run around unruled areas.

Cc is so charasatmic his soliders are in the thousands and of course they read the controlled media and think joes are the top enemy in the world. (mercer was supposed to kill a whole building of soliders and before he set the bomb a little girl came down the stairs. He realized itw as the right place but when he took her up and didn't set up the bomb she asked him why he was wearing what was in the papers. He picked up true papers and started reading, he then realized he was supposed to wipe out a huge set of familyes of millitary adversiers, he went and shot his commanding officer in the face.) and his people really love him.

Any joe has the authority to command regular forces

Beachead trains new recruits.

Duke is the general and stays at base now

Flint Leads beta team

Stalker leads Alpha team

Scalet is currently leading a small team in the unruled area

other joes are scattered throughout the globe inculding dusty in the great desert (which was once america but was bombed out and still has lots of old ruins left which he has to keep cobra out of becosue they hold old sources of power and tons of valuables.

I have tons of stuff diffrent, but the characters are mainly who they are in the books, just in a very different setting. I would set in the regular world but it would be impossible (due to figures and the like) to have be in the same contunity as the comic books so i don't attempt an ulimate version but a joeverse more like one i would have created for a good story of good vs. evil.

wow! those are really great ideas.

since I moved recently and my collection room is in shambles, I'll just relate what I had done as a kid:

Firefly, Storm Shadow, Airtight, Dialtone, sometimes Flint, sometimes Falcon, Spearhead, and a few other troops broke off from Cobra and formed a third Faction that got into tussles with the Joes and Cobra.

hey, it made sense when I was a kid ;)

yeah, Lady Jaye finally came out as a butch lesbian, and Dusty, Tomax and Xamot are in a 3 way relationship. Scarlett dumped SE and now is with Duke, And Flint is in love with the Baroness. Falcon dumped JInx and is currently dating CoverGirl.

yeah, Lady Jaye finally came out as a butch lesbian, and Dusty, Tomax and Xamot are in a 3 way relationship. Scarlett dumped SE and now is with Duke, And Flint is in love with the Baroness.  Falcon dumped JInx and is currently dating CoverGirl.

wow... so are you playing with GI joe's or barbies?

whoa ---JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i make some changes, but all the commanders (crimson guard commanders, neo-viper commanders, skull busters...) i have multiples of those because there would be more then one 8)

I also (when wave 7 hits around here, when man when???) Will place a custom Satan (based off of that red ninja 12") in place of stormy will be a solo rebel.

cool storylines well heres mine

In my joeverse its starts off(Have not though of a year yet but probally 80's or 90's) as the USA is experimanting with Android trooper tech. But the program is not progressing fast enough its geting scraped, the lead scientist is a little fanatic about his creations and has a strange facination with snakes. But before he is caned he finds a nano probe based internal repair system for his children. With the program shutdown the army uses the prototypes as targets for war games, but then they repair themselves and slaghter most of the bases personel. From there on in the lead scientist names his family Cobra and wages a war on the the world got in his way. With the world under attack by near imortal machines(except EMP's), the worlds miltitary unites and fights hard against their foes. Evenutally Cobra commander is hurt and the only way to save him is to intergrated his body with circutry and his brain waves become digitized to make him more efficient. But his brainwaves emotional responses are passed to his leigions and they adopt emotions by accident. A purge is done but his personal generals have secretly retained and created their own personalities. His generals then atempt to get rid of the organic in the machine empire and much treachery goes on. The only problem is finding cobra figs with no skin showing for they are all androids with different body designs and progrming.

Nah, in the comics Lady Jaye seemed a little masculine for my tastes and she always reminded me of a lesbian friend of mine. I think her relationship with Flint was forced because of the cartoon. I always thought that second to Scarlett, Cover Girl was a babe. And ever since I saw that traitor episode with a shirtless Dusty, I just thought that Tomax and Xamot would be all over him.,, And no I don't play with Barbies, although it could be possivle with all those horny 12" joes/

your not the only who think lady j could be a lesbian but most of us wonder about the twins and mindbender. (more like man bender hahahha, sorry )

In my Joe world... there is no GI Joe, and there is no Cobra. Just good guys and bad guys.

My Joes are an actual covert black ops team. The carry out mission like assassination, search and destroy... all that dirty stuff. Each team is further divided into a direct action team (leader: SE - SE can talk in my world too), a fire support team (leader: Duke), a search and rescue team (leader: Lifeline), and an air superiority/close air support/transport group.

I usually edit their filecards too. All the Joes are usually recruited from Spec Op groups like Delta Force, SEALs, Special Forces (Green Berets), and British SAS and the like. Others are just the Rangers, armored and armored airborne drivers/operaters and pilots.

Here, I've taken the hated repaint figure, Mirage, and put him to use:

Code Name: Mirage

Class: Weapons Expert, Rotary Wing Aircraft Pilot (Wildfire)

File Name: Baikun, Joseph R.

Serial Number: 606-JB-824

Birthplace: Molsen, Washington

Branch of Service: United States Army

Primary Military Specialty*: Rotary Wing Aircraft Pilot

Secondary Military Specialty: Rocket-Fire Assault, Heavy Artillery

Grade: WO-3 (Chief Warrant Officer, CW3)

Military Career:

Team 0

U.S. Army 160th SOAR (Special Operations Aviation Regiment) - “NightStalkers”, Fort Campbell

U.S. Army 82nd Airborne Division (Attack Helicopter Battalion – AH-64 Apache), Fort Bragg

U.S. Army Flight Warrant Officer School

U.S. Army Delta Force, 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment

U.S. Army Marksmanship Program

U.S. Army

These new stats are usually compiled from the filecards, YoJoe.com, and Battle Files. Military info usually comes from the Internet and magazines like "Target Terrorism". Which I think is no longer in print. :-?

I just lump all my Cobras, Night Creepers, and Iron Grenadiers in to one big group and they are just "terrorists". The unique Cobras and such are usually the leaders or figure heads.