Joe HQ for 29.98

Silenthunter

You think they will take it back since I already opened it and set it up? I got the box for it so I can put it back together  and put the stuff in ziplock bags?

bro, you're makin' it more complicated than you need to. what you do is keep the one you have as is already. you order one from toysrus.com. when that one arrives, you return it to your local toys r us, in the receipt you paid full price for it. plain and simple.

i return things all the time, especially when i buy a lot on impulse. and decide later i didn't need it. you don't even have to worry about when they ask you why you're returning it, the only reason you'll ever need to say is "i didn't want it." and you're go to go. you'll even be making up for the money you paid on tax.

i've been wanting this for a while, just never got around to getting it yet since i figured it'll be around for some time. i didn't even have a problem with the 60 dollar price tag. but, now at 30 bucks, no tax, and even free shipping. can't pass that up. :)

diesel

Dammit to hell I bought it for like $60 bucks about a week ago, this sucks ass, sorry but of course when I finally decide to buy it it goes on sale :evil:

did u buy it from the store man, that sucks, but you always order one, if you still have the receipt take it back to TRU and get your money back :lol:

Yup! TRU is awesome with their return policy. It's like 90 days or something like that. I don't have a receipt handy.... but it's pretty good there. I plan on returning some Joes myself (swap for something in Wave 7 or 8).

You think they will take it back since I already opened it and set it up? I got the box for it so I can put it back together and put the stuff in ziplock bags?

When I exchanged a boxed item, I gave them everything back in it's original packaging (minus one mini-gun from the NAC :D ). I guess you could find some plastic bags that are similiar.

Anyway, if I were you, I'd just tell them that you didn't like it anymore and just want your money back and/or that there are piece missing or whatever. They're not gonna stand there and count the sh!t.

One more anecdote, a whiles ago, during Wave 4 JvC, I think.... some 2-packs were sold in twos. Meaning you could get 2-packs (they were held together by some cheap cardboard... easily manipulatied :wink: ) for like $9.99 or some sh!t like that.

Anyway, bought two of them and took the 2-packs [Wave 4] that I wanted and returned the Wave 1 garbage they were forcing me to buy with an old receipt of two other 2-packs I bought like a few weeks before. So in essense, I got my new Joes for dirt cheap (well, cheaper than the regular price anyway).

The sales rep asked why I was returning it, and I just told her plain and simple: "I didn't want it anymore", and returned both of them at the $7.99 price tag. In my defense, all they had were the 2x 2-packs. I don't know how much help this story is going to ya', since the 2-packs were still sealed. I'm sure some chump bought it. I did not want the Wave 1 junk that TRU and Hasbro could not sell.

Should just burned it or something. :-?

Or even donate it to charity. :cry:

You have nothing to lose here, only gain. And we're talking about money here. Hopefully your TRU is not too far away or if you got a car that's ideal. That way, it's not much of a b!tch to do, so in case they don't take it back... it wouldn't have been that much trouble.

Good luck.

You think they will take it back since I already opened it and set it up? I got the box for it so I can put it back together  and put the stuff in ziplock bags?

bro, you're makin' it more complicated than you need to. what you do is keep the one you have as is already. you order one from toysrus.com. when that one arrives, you return it to your local toys r us, in the receipt you paid full price for it. plain and simple.

i return things all the time, especially when i buy a lot on impulse. and decide later i didn't need it. you don't even have to worry about when they ask you why you're returning it, the only reason you'll ever need to say is "i didn't want it." and you're go to go. you'll even be making up for the money you paid on tax.

i've been wanting this for a while, just never got around to getting it yet since i figured it'll be around for some time. i didn't even have a problem with the 60 dollar price tag. but, now at 30 bucks, no tax, and even free shipping. can't pass that up. :)

diesel

Diesel is right, this is the better [and easier] method to go with. But if you were like me at the time, money was tight, so shelling out more wasn't possible. I had to do it the harder way. But it's alright, it was worth it [save $$$].

But if you got the available funds, do what Diesel said. Just order another one and return the new one for the old full price.

diesel

Thanks bro, I was just checking to see what you guys thought I'm gonna order it tomorrow

DANG!

it just got here.. that was like the fastest shipping ever!  and it was the free shipping too, nothing special.

I just ordered it like Sunday.. and its here.. cool

well, i didn't receive mine yet, but they do work fast. i placed my order about 3:15am last night (this morning), and only 16 hours later, at 7:30pm i get an e-mail notification that my order has shipped. wow. :)

Thanks for the info guys, I will more than likely order another one and return it since I still have the reciept so I can get half of it back
Thanks bro, I was just checking to see what you guys thought I'm gonna order it tomorrow

cool, man, just tryin' to help. 'cause that's not much effort at all to get 30 bucks back. and every buck counts. 8)

diesel