What was it that attracted you to collecting Transformers

JayC

ORINGINALLY just because they were cool, during the G2 era I only picked up laser prime and dreadwing/smokejumper (on clearance)back in 1996 and thats all I had until I saw RID PROWL back in 2001 I remember seeing him and fell in love for the first time all over again. Funny thing is though back then I never collected beast wars I still watched the show and went to toy stores to look at the toys and read tech specs, I do the same thing with GI joe profiles, its like seeing how my old friends are doing

Because of my love for Robots. My brother and I collected transformers when I was a little kid. My first TF was Skydive. :D I still have the pic of me holding him in my hands. I remember my brother telling me that Skydive was one part of Big Transformer and then he got the remaining four Aerialbots to form Superion. Then later we got a lot more Transformers like Menasor, Dinobots, and other Autobot vehicles.

Why do I still collect TFs because it gives me memories of my childhood. How great it was to play with them and my brother. Did I mention beacuse I love Robots. :lol: :wink:

Actually, they were the toys I identified with the most because they didn't have an attached race to them. This may sound silly to a lot of you, but being non-white, I had trouble relating to certain toy characters and therefore, didn't find them so engaging.

I always felt that's what helped TFs become to accessable to people around the world. They weren't White, Black, Asian, etc; they were robots.

Oh, and I'm still into them because they remind me of my dad. That and the fact they kick ass.

I remember seeing the cartoon for the first time on a Sunday morning when it debuted and becoming addicted to it right away. A few months later at Christmas I recieved wheeljack and I was hooked from then on. I amassed a huge collection in my youth, but sold them all for at a yard sale, and even gave some away! Even though I got rid of all of my toys, TFTM (which I originally saw in the movies) has always been one of my favorite flicks of all time. I searched it out on VHS, (pd $50 for it) and bought it on DVD a few years later and watched it all of the time. Last year, I was messing around on Ebay and I looked up Transformers, bought Thundercracker. and I was hooked all over again! I only collect G1 (with the exception of Unicron). What I guess that this all boils down to is the fact that the power of nostalgia is strong and I find the toys to be way cooler than anyrhing today. Since I have started recollecting, I can't stop!

i'll be quite honest! i dont now! i remembered loveing them when i was a kid and in 97 i got tired of not haveing a life so i looked for somethin to collect! well transformers were big again so i started! and i still do cause i dont have anything else to spend money on and there cool!

SImple, I was a child and they appealed to children. Ive kinda stuck with though and now I think they are just as good and in some cases better.

Hobbies are cool. Gives me stuff to do with my time.

Another reason we all collect them is because if we didn't ADC would sslloowwllyy DIE. :)

When I was about 8 these little toys bought me great joy,every Christmas I would get so many Transformers,all my freinds had them too,me and my freinds went to the movies and saw Transformers the movie,I remember every one I had,mostly decepticons.I remained as good a collector as I could,but during the Beast era I did'nt like it that much but slowly came to love it and rushed to get the toys before they stopped selling them,been back on ever since.Today I collect these bots because I still love the show and figures,it feels nostalgic sometimes,how much joy they still bring me ripping open the package,seeing how far they have come and waiting for the next,funny how a toy that brought me so much happiness as a child still makes me happy.Thanx Hasbro!And Thanx to all other Transfans.

Nostalgia and because even though we live in modern times, I can't seem to find any toys that are as cool as transformers.

G1 Mirage, Wheeljack, Devastator boxed sets, Omega Supreme and even the mailways were cool.

For that alone my searches will always be set on G1

So if you were a kid today do you think you would still be interesyed in collecting Transformers. Basically meaning if there was no nastalgia factor to consider?
im not sure! its a tough thing to consider! i probably would not! just because i would have other interests!

So if you were a kid today do you think you would still be interesyed in collecting Transformers. Basically meaning if there was no nastalgia factor to consider?

For sure. I find Thundercats nostalgic, but that doesn't mean I'd buy a reissue of Lion-O (sounds like a cereal).

I know I would still buy TFs and possibly even pick up some Ninja Turtles. :)

Growing up with G1, nothing much more needs to be said...the concept of a vehicle turning into a robot fighting against other robot vehicles and such....just always seemed to appeal to me as a kid. I remember how all o fus used to go to school everyday and talk about transformers...It was as if aliens had landed on earth! We all had Gi Joe and Transformers...oh and Go-Bots...on the brain.

I still collect them because of how great the toys are...I am a fan of all series and like the material it gives hte imagination! Beast Wars was a really great series and that's when I started watching again....Then when RID came out, I started picking up the figs, as well.....I just love them!

Totally.

I walk the toy aisles thinking..if I was a kid, what would be the coolest item from the store. Then I take that items and I compare it to Soundwave (my favorite TF) and Soundwave wins. With that in mind, the toys then were something else. Today I only see things like Batman or X-Men figures, which in time have gotten a bit better. But no matter what there will always be Batman and Spiderman.

Will I ever see a huge box like Fortress Max on the toy shelves? never. That box alone was the ultimate toy. To take a toy like that home...wow. And not only that, but that robot transformed into a HQ for the other TF's..wow again.

The first time I saw Pogoman's dreamy eyes. He collected TF's and I needed a reason to talk to him more often so I started collecting. @-@ :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)-

Seriously though, as a kid I was BIG on GiJoe crap and all of my allowances and b-day/christmas gifts went to GiJoe. As a kid I only ever had 5 Transformers, so basically this is my way of getting what I missed out on as a kid.