Most Dangerous Cobra Soldier?

Tom-1

Hey guys,

I was driving around today and for some bizarre reason this question came to mind: What one Cobra speciality, of the many many many that exist, is the most dangerous? I don't think we've discussed this before... maybe what figures we like best or who looks the coolest, but who do you think is most capable of actually defeating X amount of GI Joes?

My suggestions:

Crimson Guards

While not an exlusive Cobra entity, the CG forces are above and beyond any standardized troopers. This includes the Crimson Guardsman, Crimson Guard Immortals, and Crimon Guard Commanders. Not to mention Tomaxand Xamot, who began the whole shebang. CGs are extensively trained in all forms of western warfare (as in no numchucks, but alot o' book learnin n guns!) while CGIs are heavily armored one-man-tanks. Crimson Guard Commanders also showed promisd - you have to have your $#!% together if you're going to command an organized batallion of warrior lawyers.

Night Vipers

I know it's the token nomination - who doesn't like the Night Viper? He operates in the dead of night, is said to be highly skilled, and is very angsty, making for great story telling (At least, that's the rumor I'm circulating...) But here's the thing, and maybe it's entirely personal but this is what I think when it comes to the NV:

Snipers are jerks, and everyone loves the jerk :evil: Now why would I say snipers suck? Do I think they'd push me down and steal my shoes if I saw a bunch come out of a US Army barracks? No. But there is something inherently creepy and sick about a guy who's main purpose is to sit out on a piece of grass and pick off folks. Good or bad guys, it's just f***ed up. I really don't care if someone here wants to come in and point out "Well Tom, it's just their job, they don't get some thrill out of it!" like I'd care. The fact of the matter is that it's one creepy task to have, and as such, a terrorist sniper just makes it ten times as bad. Because they're so advanced at their trade, and are capable of sniping from great distances when there's no great big battle happening, they're extremely dangerous.

Iron Grenadiers

The sad sad tale of the Iron Grenadiers army :lol: Possibly the only organization the Joes faced who posed the greatest threat. Expertly trained men, brilliant field commanders (Although, Darklon got his job through nepotism..) advanced weaponry, and the noble yet deep down villian, Destro. If they were allowed to, the IGs would mop the floor with GI Joe. It's just my way of thinking. I felt they were meant to appear that way, and here's why - The thing that always restrained Destro from growing the ambition to turn his IGs into aggressors rather than defenders was Cobra. The Cobra Civil War, the attack on his Scotland home, and his kidnapping along w/ the Baroness... all these served as a distraction to keep the IGs as defense agents and not mobilized conquerors. If Cobra wasn't around to constantly pester Destro, he might've turned the IGs int osomething truly worthy of fear.

Your thoughts? Who's your most dangerous Cobra trooper? And for the love of god, please refrain from saying "The Night Creepers, cause they're ninjas and ninjas are wicked bad azz!!1" You know who you are :wink:

Tom

I'd say the Crimson Guard for the very simple fact that they are the enemy you can't see. They blended into society and reveal themselves only when its too late to stop them.

In playtime, My Crimsons work as JAG officers, then when Cobra strikes, they take key patrs of the military base while the infantry is fighting at the gate. Sometimes I'll put them in the role of blue-collar American workers and have a squad staitoned at key powerplants and secure them for Cobra's invasion. The Crimsons can be anyone and that is the most dangerous and scary part.

I would have to go with the Iron Grenadiers as well just because of Destro....whom I believe could take out cobra if he really wanted to. Honestly I think 5 Iron Grenadiers could take out 10 crimson guards......thats how highly I think of them. But on the cobra side I would have to go with either crimson guards or the original Cobra BAT. How do you stop something that keeps coming and has no feelings whatsoever.

I would have to go with the Iron Grenadiers as well just because of Destro....whom I believe could take out cobra if he really wanted to. Honestly I think 5 Iron Grenadiers could take out 10 crimson guards......thats how highly I think of them. But on the cobra side I would have to go with either crimson guards or the original Cobra BAT. How do you stop something that keeps coming and has no feelings whatsoever.

The Crimson Guards are the Elite of the Elite. @-@ IG's would get that ugly helmet shoved up .....

i'd have to say either the Fast Blast Vipers or SAW Vipers. FB Vipers because they got that chip in the back of their head that takes away any emotion or feeling, so they wouldnt stop attacking the joes until they were dead. The SAW Vipers would be one too because just ONE wiped out a whole bunch of joes. Imagine if a whole bunch of them were together in trucial abysma, they would have taken out all the joes including Duke, Falcon and Cross Country!

Can one of the guys who suggested the Range Vipers please explain that to me. Crimson Guards, BATs, even Fast Blast Vipers I can see (even thought FBVs are definitely NOT the most dangerous of all the Cobras..) but the Range Vipers never struck me as a threat... more like comic relief.

The brain matter helmet. The grouchy faceplate. The sky blue survival unifrom. The bandolier of bullets that would give away this 'survival experts' position after one shot. The grenade launcher.

I never got it. Make me see the light! :)-

Tom

Can one of the guys who suggested the Range Vipers please explain that to me. Crimson Guards, BATs, even Fast Blast Vipers I can see (even thought FBVs are definitely NOT the most dangerous of all the Cobras..) but the Range Vipers never struck me as a threat... more like comic relief.  

The brain matter helmet. The grouchy faceplate. The sky blue survival unifrom. The bandolier of bullets that would give away this 'survival experts' position after one shot. The grenade launcher.  

Tom

You've read the file card right?

http://www.yojoe.com/action/90/rangeviper.shtml

They eat grubs, berries and snakes.

Tom

I think the Range-Vipers are the unconventional warfare [read: guerilla warfare] experts. I would probably lump them together with the US Army's Special Forces [Green Berets] or British SAS (and quite a few other Spec Op groups, really). And they are bad-ass.

Desert Scorpions and Toxo-Vipers might have some pretty dangerous potential.

I mean these two positions are where NO Viper wants to be. Getting assigned to them is regarded as a punishment due to the grueling and possibly fatal natures of the jobs. So after a short while Im sure Vipers from both these classes would be the most motivated to do their jobs correctly. They wanna get the Hell outta there. A bullet in the head's gotta be better than becoming a Toxo-Zombie.

Not that there arent deadlier classes of Cobras out there. But I know I definately wouldnt want to face off with someone who has nothing to lose.

The Crimson Guards are the Elite of the Elite.  IG's would get that ugly helmet shoved up .....

Crimson Guards are Cobra Commanders Elite...........not Destros 8) . I'm sure that Destro has a even more stringent recruiting standards than CC. I bet if Destro wanted to he could take out Cobra....oh yeah I forgot Destros son took over Cobra in the first 5 or so issues of the new Joe comic. Sorry my friend but in a fight that would be close I think I would have to give the edge to the IGs.

Here's the thing I think most people are forgetting about the CGs-

They are a property of Extensive Enterprises, and therefore are Tomax and Xamot's responcibility. They are in charge of the recruiting, training, and deployment policies - NOT CC. That's why they're so elite... they're not tainted by CC's self-destructive nature.

While the CGs serve Cobra, I feel Tomax and Xamot could yank them if they felt it was needed. They may be fiercly loyal to CC, but they know where the money comes from.

Now, here's the catch... Iron Grenadiers are practically the same as CGs. Intensely trained (without Cobra's ridiculous "Drop 'em off a cliff and whoever survives becomes ____ -Viper." policy) have regular, white colar lives, and are excellent soldiers. That's just the IGs. There are also TARGATs, Annihilators, Nullifiers, Wild Boars and Ferrets - all professionals.

Like I said... the one thing keeping these forces from truly conquering the world is the man in the middle himself... Cobra Commander.

Tom