Duke & Grunt (customs)

Freedom

Even though the BTR Duke head is a little "cartoonish" I think it represents Duke better than any other head sculpt to date. I thought the BTR sculpt was right on. I just had to remove the BTR forearms and legs, paint it in Duke's classic colors, and add a bandolier.

dukeb.jpg

dukebcu.jpg

Head, Torso, Upper Arms - BTR Duke

Lower Arms, Waist, Legs - Grunt

Submachine Gun - BBI

Side Arm - Hasbro

Holster - BBI

Bandolier - BBI parts

I never liked the JvC Grunt figure. I always thought it was too plain. Since I used parts of my Grunt to customize Duke, I gave the old Duke's body to Grunt. Now i think he looks more like his namesake.

grunt2.jpg

grunt2cu.jpg

Head - Grunt

Everything else - JvC Duke v2

Goggles - BBI

Did you get that Grunt form wave 7 or Battle Blitz? :D

Battle Blitz - I was too impatient to wait on Wave 7. I haven't seen Wave 7 in my area yet. Fortunately, Grunt is so plain, you can use him to customize just about anything.

Nicely done. One question though, how did you crack the BTR torsos? I tried with my Gung Ho but it seems glued and I didn't want to risk breaking it. Also, your custom brings something to my attention that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet: BTR finally got the molded skin tones right. Compare the head of your Duke to the forearms from Grunt and there's a big difference. Kinda makes him look like he has a farmer's tan, but it's still good.

Great work!Nice work on the Grunt,you're right about him being a plain toy,he's one of the plainest JvC figures and there's nothing really interesting about him,so to see another update is nice.

The Duke is excellent,it's a perfect rendition of the classic v1 RAH Duke updated for JvC.Nice use of the BTR Duke head as well!The only thing I can suggest is maybe you should've painted his head or arms to make a matching and even skin tone,it's a minor thing,but to me,overall...it does kind of detract a little from the whole custom.Great work overall!

I think Chazz would like that Duke.

It does portray the original, '84, Duke. Like old times.

Awesome work man, like usual.

Nice customes.

My duke was finished tongiht. Man was less work. I kept the green of this duke shirt what i changed was:

I gave him version 1 (jvc) dukes arms. Then I sawed off the lego parts on the lower legs, I then smoothed them and painted the boots black (a real dark black unlike they were)

As far as getting into the btr figs, i would recomond that you don't take him completly apart, I did my duke and it left a some damage. I have to glue em back shut becouse i pretty much melted the figure and wedged it open with a finger nail file (wich also left a little mark on his left upper shoulder) and the inside screw hole melted downward.

For my Bulletproof (not the same one has rah, this guy just gets the name) I used gung-ho and simple repainted and gave him new arms. A lot easier. They may be bo legged but it isn't all right.