Anyone here like Christian music...

SKARAPZ

not talking about choirs, and singing hymms, i am talking about christian rap, ska, metal, stuff like that

If you do let me know , i listen to a lot of it and i'd love to talk about it, and if you dont and you are interested talk to me. 8)

not talking about choirs, and singing hymms, i am talking about christian rap, ska, metal, stuff like that

No.

I like Christian music, but only if it's gospel. I like alot of Anne Murray's gospel stuff.

As far as Chistian Rap and Metal and everything else you mentioned, No Thanks. =(

No.

I like Christian music, but only if it's gospel. I like alot of Anne Murray's gospel stuff.

As far as Chistian Rap and Metal and everything else you mentioned, No Thanks. =(

so why dont you like it man?

Seriously, the best pro-God group out there is Black Sabbath. Check out the lyrics from the Master of Reality album. It's all about being into God and salvation. They just have this bad rap about being into satan 's all.

I don't listen much to christian music but there are some bands that i like like P.O.D...I love the song they have in the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack.

I also loved to the Supertones, but it's been really long since i don't hear about those guys so i don't know if they're still around anymore. :(

I like to listen to Plus One too; they're like this N'Sync type of group, they have beautiful voices.

I think that's about it :P

I don't listen much to christian music but there are some bands that i like like P.O.D...I love the song they have in the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack.

I also loved to the Supertones, but it's been really long since i don't hear about those guys so i don't know if they're still around anymore. :(

I like to listen to Plus One too; they're like this N'Sync type of group, they have beautiful voices.

I think that's about it :P

Supertones are around still lol, http://www.supertones.com/

and if you like POD lady, go check out www.disciplerocks.com , its a band called disciple, they are awesme, great bunch of guys too 8)

POD is cool, but half the time I forget they describe themselves as a Christian band.

I like some of the music by Jars of Clay...

/ Jars of Clay are good, but have any of you heard of 'Third Day'? They are a pretty cool Christian Group. 'DC Talk' also a good Christian Rap/Pop Group, I love me some Jesus Freak.

There is also '12 Stones', they are awesome. They are kind of like POD, they don't officially consider themselves a Christian Group, but most of their songs have very strong Spiritual meaning.

'DC Talk' also a good Christian Rap/Pop Group, I love me some Jesus Freak.

I have the DC Talk Jesus Freak album, but I haven't listened to it in ages. Maybe it's time i pulled it out again... 8)

My older brother likes the Newsboys, they're a Christian rock band out of Austrailia and they're pretty good! 8)

I bet I'm the only one here who enjoys listening to the reeeally old Catholic hymns, you know, the ones sung in Latin and such. The chord progressions are so cool, and often times the organ part rules. 8) Yesss, I'm pretty strange like that. ;) :lol:

There is also '12 Stones', they are awesome. They are kind of like POD, they don't officially consider themselves a Christian Group, but most of their songs have very strong Spiritual meaning.

Sorry to break the news to you, bub. But I know Paul and his friends. They are a bunch of pot heads and believe, not any resemblence of a christian band.

My older brother was friends with him a long time ago when they did go to church and was offered to be in Paul's old band "Audience of One", but he turned it down. They are not a christian group.

On another note, If you fellas like christian music, try out the band Pax 217 probably one of the better bands, instrumentally, out there in the christian music industry. A good song to see them in is "What is Love" from their newest album "Engage". Check them out, you won't be dissapointed.

Sorry to break the news to you, bub. But I know Paul and his friends. They are a bunch of pot heads and believe, not any resemblence of a christian band.

My older brother was friends with him a long time ago when they did go to church and was offered to be in Paul's old band "Audience of One", but he turned it down. They are not a christian group.

I never said that they were a Christian group, I just said that a lot of their songs have Spiritual meaning.

I never said that they were a Christian group, I just said that a lot of their songs have Spiritual meaning.

"Spiritual meaning" or not, 12 stones are WHACK. They matured musically just as much Paul's failed old band :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

man, ska, if i didn't have a respect for ya, bein' a fellow joe fan, i'd feel inclined to post something offensive like saying i'd rather slit my own throat before i listen to christian music...

dani8.jpg

... oops, i said it anyway. god, i'm such an a-hole.

anyway...

i think the problem is a lot of fans wrongly label a band "christian music" just because the band are outspoken christians. that doesn't make them a christian band. not that i really care, but ignorance works that way, i guess. i do happen to like pod though.

diesel

• 2 weeks later...

I don't listen to Christian music, but I didn't realize POD was a Christian band, or anything like that. I dislike POD just because their music is extemely annoying.

Sorry to break the news to you, bub.  But I know Paul and his friends.  They are a bunch of pot heads and believe, not any resemblence of a christian band.

hehe, potheads can't be Christians?

My band is a christian metal band. we hope to put out an album some day, but my singer really needs to get his things together. He keeps saying, he's waiting on god, and That god will tell him when he's ready. I actually find that crazy, cuz the guy never comes out to jam. I have other bands as well, but If he ever plans to make it, he has to get it together. Its awesome music, every one I have showed it to loves it.

some of the things he sings though.. I find disturbing, and im not even a religious person. he is totally religous, and that's cool with me. but even being non religous myself, I find some things he says offensive. Like saying the bible is full of lies, and other things I can't remember.

You can't put things like that in your songs if you ever want a chance to make it big. that's an aweful message to put in your songs! I try to tell him, but oh well. I dont have the heart to bad mouth his work. Just ride it out I guess untill he learns the hard way.

But back on topic. I like michelle tumes. she's really cool. the song deep love is a nice song. There was another band my friend meredith got me into, I cna't remember the name.. it had a pink cover, that's all I remember.

Theres some really cool christain rock bands out there but i dont tend to listen to the lyrics like i used to im more into the guitar riffage at the minute.