Jim Lee's HUSH Batman figure and DC First Appearances

pogoman

The HUSH Batman is amazing! The Joker and Poison Ivy figures are very nice as well. The Batman and Joker are much better than the ones put out by Mattel. If the two lines were aimed at the same target buyers, then I'd feel bad for Mattel, because there would be NO way for that company's product to compete. Good for them though that DCDirect is for the most part only available at comic book and hobby shops. I can't wait to see the remaining figures.

Nash

Now just slightly resculpt Batman, and include him with a new Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, Atom and Plastic Man as modern Justice League wave 2 and all the fanboys (and me!) will be happy and stop complaining.

C'mon, DC Direct, you know you wanna :)

These Batman figures may lack the Superman Articulation, but they are way better than the Mattel Batman figures. Zipline what? Just put me down for this Batman by Jim Lee.

i give up on mattel

Well, I'll still be buying the occasional figures like Croc and Freeze from Mattel, but these DCD toys definitely blow away all the silly Batmen out there.

And I think the Joker's face will look better with the mouth closed, just like Marvel Legends Beast. :)

The new Steel toy is great too, I'll defnitely be picking him up. And I like all the First Appearance figures, even though Bats looks like he's wearing pink oven mitts. :P

Wow. These figures look . . . nothing like the Jim Lee drawings.

I know 2D art can be hard to translate, but come on!! And that supposed "Jim Lee Batman" statue doesn't look like Jim Lee's art either.

The 4H Batmans looks more like the Jim Lee drawings than either of 'em. Maybe the bodies look OK, but Batman's face looks like he just whiffed a nasty fart, and Joker looks like a B-movie "special effects" shot without the dry ice to disguise the low budget.

Poison Ivy just looks boring.

These Batman figures may lack the Superman Articulation, but they are way better than the Mattel Batman figures. Zipline what? Just put me down for this Batman by Jim Lee.

I don't know I think I still like the Zipline Batman more...At least I do until I see the Lee one in person. But the Lee Batman looks perfect from the pictures.

PJ

(who won't make final judgment until I hold both figures)

Wow. These figures look . . . nothing like the Jim Lee drawings.

I know 2D art can be hard to translate, but come on!! And that supposed "Jim Lee Batman" statue doesn't look like Jim Lee's art either.

The 4H Batmans looks more like the Jim Lee drawings than either of 'em. Maybe the bodies look OK, but Batman's face looks like he just whiffed a nasty fart, and Joker looks like a B-movie "special effects" shot without the dry ice to disguise the low budget.

Poison Ivy just looks boring.

I agree. I wonder if Mattel forced DCD to make these look like cr@p so they didnt take sales away from their own figures. Compared to DCD's Return of Superman figures, these things just stink.

I have to disagree, the Zipline Batman is awesome, do you have one?, because if you do, you can see how awesome the sculpt is.

I have to disagree, the Zipline Batman is awesome, do you have one?, because if you do, you can see how awesome the sculpt is.

I don't like what Mattel has done with their Batman line and yes, those figures are out. The only good figure out of that line is Zipline and personally the Jim Lee Batman has a particular difference that would make me want to buy them all. I don't see a red pajama batman coming from this Hush Line and that's peace of mind right there.

I agree. I wonder if Mattel forced DCD to make these look like cr@p so they didnt take sales away from their own figures. Compared to DCD's Return of Superman figures, these things just stink.

Would Mattel have that power?? I doubt it . . .

And if you think about it, it's two different markets. Obviously with all the Bats variants in the Mattel line, it's geared towards kids, and DCD are usually for adult comic collectors.

Which is all the more reason why the bar should be raised for the Hush figures.

I wonder what Jim Lee thinks about them? In a Wizard or something, they took the Marvel Select figures and showed 'em to the original artist whose work the figures were based on. It was cool, like Mark Bagley said he doesn't make Ultimate Spidey with such a big chest, etc.

Jim Lee should say . . . "What the @#%@ drawings were you guys looking at?? How embarrassing!!"

Maybe these are based on Jeph Loeb's character designs!! So that way they're still "technically" a HUSH tie-in!! @-@