HUSH

Prince Adam

I think Joker's not getting the credit he deserves here.

1. Both pictures were taken at some horrible angles. Even figures have "good sides".

2. The figure has an articulated jaw... That alone is maniacally brilliant. A laughing/smiling Joker gets my vote at any given time.

Now if only the "Bang" flag can be removed from the gun...

Zipline Bats reminds me of Tim Sale's uber-badass rendition of the character...I doubt it was intentional on the 4HM's part, though.

And I think the Joker will look less goofy with his mouth closed. Just like Beast, who everybody was quick to insult when the first pictures were shown.

Batman and Ivy have killer sculpts, and Bats definitely has elbow articulation. And Ivy's knee articulation is easier to see in shot 21, with the side view of all the figures. Hopefully the rumored Dark Knight Returns figures based on Miller's artwork are this good since that's one of my favorite comic storylines ever.

DC Direct has impressed me more than usual with their showings here. That Steel is awesome, and so are the first appearance figures. Hopefully the rumored Dark Knight Returns figures based on Miller's artwork are this good since that's one of my favorite comic storylines ever.

God, I hope we get a R'as Al Ghul w/sword and a Talia in this Hush line. :D

WTF that batman has no more articulation that the Mattel figure and the Zipline Batman looks alot better. Why can't we get a DCD Batman figure like the DCD Superman figure?????

The only reason that Superman had so much articulation was because his parts could be used for a lot of other figures: Superman, Bizarro, Cyborg, Black outfit Superman, Eradicator, JLA Superman, maybe even Hush and Dark Knight Returns Superman figures.

It's not quite as easy to use Batman parts in other figures, so it wouldn't be worth the money for DCD. He's just getting the standard DCD articulation...but it's still better than the Mattel articulation. Plus he has one of those spiffy DCD plastic capes. :)

Is the Hush arc over? How can the graphic novel be out already?

There's a hardcover out that collects the first half of the arc. The second half concludes next month, and will shortly thereafter be collected in a second hardcover.

Based on the free publication at your local comic shops, it seems like the hardcover collected trade for HUSH won't be released until 2005. Probably the softcover will follow afterwards.