My Quick Wave 7 Review

JayC

Well I have finally had a chance to open all my wave 7 figures. Here are my thoughts on them. Big Brawer is the only figure I dont really like. His shoulder just look wrong. But the missle launcher is pretty cool so it makes it worth getting.

My favorite is Destro. It is so nice to see the return of the chrome head. He has a removeable gun holster which is a nice touch. Im gonna be breaking out my Dominator for him and amd his Granaiders. I also like the color scheme of the new Granaider. The gold gives them a little of that classic feel to them.

The new Bat is definatly an improvement over the first one. The Yellow color looks better, again gives it that classic feel to them and the detachable arm weapons and backpack to hold them is nice.

Red Spot is an average figure. Nothing to special about him and looks better with the helmet on.

I like this version of the Cobra Coils even better than the one that come with the Treadfire. Nice additions to the cobra army.

Night Creeper and Kamakura are both cool. These figures make me hope we will soon get a good new Storm Shadow figure. Nightcreeper has the added ankle articulation but Kamakura does not.

Widescope is a nice addition to the Joe team. Grunt is like the one that comes with the vehicle so if you never got it it wil be a nice addition to the team.

Lady Jaye is also very nice. IMO an improvement over the orginal and an improvement over earlier female JvC figures like Scarlet. I like the twin holsters and she has a green backpack like the repaint Flint came with from the previous wave. My only objection would be no Javalin.

Oh and Flint picked up a nice new shotgun from this wave.

I will get some pics up tonight.

cool review JayC. BUt the big question is:

DO THEY HAVE DIAPER CROTCHES?

i know earlier pics of some of these guys showed that, but i hope its been changed.

and if order from BBTS right now, will i get the set in a few days or whatever, or are they out?

THANKS!

cool review JayC. BUt the big question is:

DO THEY HAVE DIAPER CROTCHES?  

i know earlier pics of some of these guys showed that, but i hope its been changed.

and if order from BBTS right now, will i get the set in a few days or whatever, or are they out?

THANKS!

We solved this a long time ago. :) Those were very early protos and they look like they are supposed to now.

Here's the 'issue' I have - Painted flesh.

I thought we were past this - I thought we had a good trend started with wave 5 and 6 - WTF is up with the painted flesh?

I like JvC and all, but this off-and-on quality garbage is killing me. :x

Tom

Here's the 'issue' I have - Painted flesh.  

I thought we were past this - I thought we had a good trend started with wave 5 and 6 - WTF is up with the painted flesh?  

I like JvC and all, but this off-and-on quality garbage is killing me. :x  

Tom

You know, I wouldn't mind the painted flesh if it didn't crack so easily. My Recondo figure looks like crap now. And I barely handled him. It got the wear and tear just by turn the head a few times. @*-

Jayc, please pick up your Red Spot and then look at this picture. now image it with brown hair, who do you see?

clinton.jpg

fb8c5515.jpg

hmmmm...even without the Brown hair....Red Spot still looks good on him! 8)

DUDE!! Lady Jaye looks horrible!!

100_1925__scaled_500.jpg

Nice QC on the paintjobs, there, Hasbro.

"You know, feel free to only paint the part of Lady Jaye's hair that you feel like . . . just leave the rest blank. It's just a silly figure for little kids or adult losers. No one will care."

Ughghghgh . . . .

Gotta love a woman who's neck is thicker than her head. I am quickly losing faith in having women done in GvsC figure construction. If you can't do it right, don't do it at all.

The rest of the Wave looks pretty good, if you can ignore the big-ass "thigh balls".

DUDE!! Lady Jaye looks horrible!!

100_1925__scaled_500.jpg

Nice QC on the paintjobs, there, Hasbro.  

"You know, feel free to only paint the part of Lady Jaye's hair that you feel like . . . just leave the rest blank.  It's just a silly figure for little kids or adult losers.  No one will care."

Ughghghgh . . . .

Gotta love a woman who's neck is thicker than her head.  I am quickly losing faith in having women done in GvsC figure construction.  If you can't do it right, don't do it at all.

The rest of the Wave looks pretty good, if you can ignore the big-ass "thigh balls".

I tihnk Lady Jaye should have a different Head Mold, that head does look a little goofy :-?

Does no one else see the unpainted flesh-colored hair on the sides, or do you just not care?

Don't know why I'm complaining, though, since Hasbro will probably end up getting my money anyway since I might want to pick up one of the gold IG's.

@*-

yes i see it, thats why i tihnk she needs a new head mold, because of that fault the head looks super ugly

Could be just the pictures but Lady J and Scarlett look stupid as all hell... The colors and look are all wrong...

The convention piece for Lady J looks better than this...