Whats your favorite book right now?

GWhizzah

Normally I'd call my usual two-way tie between Wildcats 3.0 and New X-Men.

But I'm not going to this time.

Surprisingly enough, The Crew is the book that's blowing me away right now.

Of course, this week the final TPB of Alan Moore's 80's Swamp Thing will be released. That pretty much wipes out anything currently coming out, as far as I'm concerned. Awesome stuff there.

And as far as "indie" books go: Kissing Chaos wins my interest every time.

Cheers.

The Crew is at the top of my list as well.

After that, Runaways and Daredevil are tops.

The current arc in New X-Men isn't really grabbing me (it's also my last on the monthly, I'll be switching to trades starting with the next arc).

The Flash is my favorite book. Number 200 was the best yet.

I can't list just one! Crew, G.I.joe frontlines, Captain marvel and Thor (but i've only grabbed two recent tpbs, not the series, I love it but I 'll just wait and keep getting em that way)

I most anticipate new issues of the Joe title or Frontlines. But as far as the most innovative or full of good content I'd have to say something like Y: The Last Man or Kore.

right now Batman has my full attention.

It's Jason Todd!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand DC pulls a Marvel!

Seriously, who let this happen?

I haven't read any batman in a LONG time... what's this about Jason Todd? Is that what the whole deal with "hush" was? that's flippin' wild!

It's Jason Todd!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand DC pulls a Marvel!

Seriously, who let this happen?

I haven't read any batman in a LONG time... what's this about Jason Todd? Is that what the whole deal with "hush" was? that's flippin' wild!

I hope to god not because I havent read that ish yet......if it is

Well, other than non-TF related comics, my must pick up every month is New X-Men.....though like eccentrik, I'm really not feeling this current arc. I dunno what it is, but it's just not working for me....though, I'm not too hip on the majority of the art at the moment as well. I also recommend Empire from DC...twisted stuff at some points, but very entertaining take on what would happen if a supervillain could actually do the impossible and take over the world. Along with those two, Daredevil(especially this current arc) and The Crew are what I'm liking.

I agree --- Empire is a really good title. Apparently every issue will have a twist at the end that really throws you.

Also coming up is a Capt. America arc dealing with a situation that has the Nazi's victorious. The story takes place in "New Berlin" (aka New York).

I think that line starts either in late august or the first issue of Sept.

<cough>

I hope they do a serious well-thought out take on the world under the Axis rule and not just "OMG! Nazis are bad! Go Freedom Fighter Captain America!!!"

I recommend The Man In The High Castle by Phillip K. Dick for anyone who wants to read something good along these lines.

My favorite book has to be The Blue Nowhere by author Jeffery Deaver. Great book. :D Here's the summary from the back of the book...

His code name is Phate -- a sadistic computer hacker who infiltrates people's computers, invades their lives, and with chilling precision lures them to their deaths. Desperate to stop him, the California State Police Computer Crimes Unit frees former hacker Wyatt Gillette to aid the investigation. As the obsessive Gillette fervently attempts to trace the hacker's isidious computer virus back to its source, Phate delivers a huge blow -- murdering one of the division's own. Now, teamed with old-school homocide detective Frank Bishop, Gillete must combine their disparate talents to catch a brilliant merciless killer.

If your a fan of Deaver's books, or have read and liked his work, this is not a Lincoln Rhyme novel and it takes place in Silicon Valley and other parts of California. The book is an intense thriller with a good dose of mystery, and I highly recommend it to anyone. The book is also five-hundred pages if anyone was wondering. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...