Alternator news

JayC

I think couple months ago, some magazine did some experiment on Pocky and they found out that some Pocky flavor may cause cancer... so stop eating Pocky...

Yes Pogoman, japanese candies are the best. When my friend moved to Japan, she said that she spent over $100 just on snacks.. beside candies, there are many cool snacks... for example...

"THE PUDDING"

http://www.laruku.com/cloud/7961.jpg

http://www.laruku.com/cloud/7962.jpg

http://www.laruku.com/cloud/7963.jpg

http://www.laruku.com/cloud/pudding.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think couple months ago, some magazine did some experiment on Pocky and they found out that some Pocky flavor may cause cancer... so stop eating Pocky...

Yes Pogoman, japanese candies are the best. When my friend moved to Japan, she said that she spent over $100 just on snacks.. beside candies, there are many cool snacks... for example...  

"THE PUDDING"

http://www.laruku.com/cloud/7961.jpg

http://www.laruku.com/cloud/7962.jpg

http://www.laruku.com/cloud/7963.jpghttp://www.laruku.com/cloud/pudding.jpg

Well there is one way to market pudding! Isn't this a little @OT@ ?

Big Deal.

I think couple months ago, some magazine did some experiment on Pocky and they found out that some Pocky flavor may cause cancer...

Damn near anything can cause cancer. And even a strict vegetarian diet cant stop Cancer. Just ask Linda McCartney.

So eat Pocky

Im gonna have to guy these from a business stand point.

plus I don't want my paint chipping.

They look the same to me. So ive come to this conculusion. If I need to bludgen some one to death, I'll spend the 40 bucks to buy a the takra version and then ... bludgen some one...

I don't blame Hasbro for the price scalping. Its like stadium food. Their is no real compition for the Alternators line except g1 re-issues, which they already have a tight grip on.

Lets not forget the production costs needs to produce the level of articulation. Not to mention the money Hasro probably paid through the nose to buy the rights to USE these name brand models. Cant be cheap. I can see why these would cost more than an Energon toy of the same size

Man, I'm so behind here.....

But here is my two cents at least...

I think it'll probably be a case by case situation, where it'll depend on the mold. Some cars will kick butt more than others, and same for robot modes. I preordered a Takara Smokscreen already, just to get the first one guranteed and apparently as die-cast. From then on, who knows.

I think it'll probably be a case by case situation, where it'll depend on the mold.  Some cars will kick butt more than others, and same for robot modes.  I preordered a Takara Smokscreen already, just to get the first one guranteed and apparently as die-cast.  From then on, who knows.

That's the game I'm playing too. Takara's will be something like 70% more in price so there better be a noticable difference. Taking it mold by mold and listening to feedback is the smartest way to play it I think.

I like the Alternators Smokescreen and Sideswipe. I will buy them both locally. I hope they make a magnus that has a huge trailor so it can carry about 6 cars, just like in real life :D

Man, I'm so behind here.....

But here is my two cents at least...

I think it'll probably be a case by case situation, where it'll depend on the mold.  Some cars will kick butt more than others, and same for robot modes.  I preordered a Takara Smokscreen already, just to get the first one guranteed and apparently as die-cast.  From then on, who knows.

Yeah... i probably do the same thing... get at least one in diecast and then go from there...

Well, as a general rule I prefer die-cast stuff, so I will definitely go with the Takara Smokescreen. I can't possibly see how it could be worse than the Hasbro version, so if anything, it'll be the same, but with more die-cast. Since I like die-cast, I won't mind paying the extra cash.

However, if based on word of mouth the Hasbro ones are way cool, too, then I'll just have to see. For example, I think that Sideswipe looks pretty damn goofy in robot mode. His legs should be at least 1.5 times as long as they are!! Man, I hope Smokescreen won't spoil us for the rest of the line by looking so cool . . .

So, in that case, I might hold off and buy the cheaper Hasbro Sideswipe.

If it's strictly a money thing that's swaying your decision, here's what you do:

Save you cash by not throwing it away on endless crappy repaints of old BW, RID and Armada molds!!!

With just one or two less stupid repaint crap in your place, you could have the nice, shiny, super diecast Takara Smokescreen!!! :wink:

Save you cash by not throwing it away on endless crappy repaints of old BW, RID and Armada molds!!!

The only problem with your scenario is that the repaints of the BW, RiD and Armada are not, in in a lot of cases, crappy. Many of them look damn good and in certain scenarios are distinct improvements over the original issues (Reptilion, Snarl, Hot Shot) and almost all of them were good, solid, fun molds to start with.

With just one or two less stupid repaint crap in your place, you could have the nice, shiny, super diecast Takara Smokescreen!!! :wink:

Buy your die-cast. More power to you. But Im buying what I want. Die-Cast is cool and all but it is not an absolute neccessity for a TF toy to be enjoyable.

But true.

Im gonna have enough problems scraping up the money for the domestic. I aint exactly swimming in cash over here. If dropping the die-cast cuts the price by at least half then all I can say is GOOD.

The only problem with your scenario is that the repaints of the BW, RiD and Armada are not, in in a lot of cases, crappy. Many of them look damn good and in certain scenarios are distinct improvements over the original issues (Reptilion, Snarl, Hot Shot) and almost all of them were good, solid, fun molds to start with.

Buy your die-cast. More power to you. But Im buying what I want. Die-Cast is cool and all but  it is not an absolute neccessity for a TF toy to be enjoyable.

I was mostly kidding, dude . . .

But looking at it realistically, with all TFs being at least $9.99 if you exclude minicons packs, that's only 2 less repaints to buy to get the die-cast version . . . IF you want it, is all.

And my point is that if you're hurting financially, then you should put precendent over something as cool as the new Smokescreen waaaaaay before yet another version of a mold you probably already have.