New Pics From The Hasbro Panel

JayC

CD just told me he is confirmed at 19.99. Like I guessed. :)-

CD got it from a guy that said it on bottalk, so that's hardly confirmed. But I do believe that it is 19.99, just making a point tho :) and yea it looks like all 3 have been remolded, which is great because I LOVE continuity :D

Here's a ton of info coming in about what was said at the Panel, thanks to The ALlspark:

As you already know Energon is taking place 10 years after Armada. The kids will be gone, but we may see another older kid who we are 'sure to like'.

Confirmation on some of the line features:

Autobots are few in numbers and must pool their power by combining. They combine into various combinations into a near limitless list, restricted only by your imagination.

The Decepticons are using their new "Hyper Power" to thwart the Autobots.

There is also a new faction called Omnicons -- These are allied with Autobots who provide the capibility to handle high loads of Energon and create weapons.

The series is set to take place in a variety of locations, including Earth, Cybertron and new locations we've never seen.

Minicons are going to be in the series and although they will not unlock any special features on the new toys, they will still be able to connect to 'Dead' minicon ports.

The cartoon is going to be cell shaded 3D and there will be 52 episodes. The series is due to start in Feb 2004 on Cartoon Network.

Character names as follows:

Yellow Sports car: Hot Shot

Red Fire Truck: Inferno

Yellow Jeep: Name not revealed

Optimus Prime appears to be an old time Combiner with a bit of a change. He has a main body in which he becomes a robot, and then he has 4 additional components (which do not appear to be robots) ranging from a drill to a helicopter and form the limbs for a super power up. These components are labled Op-1 through Op-4 and combine with the main body.

Skyblast: A jetfire themed fighter jet. They wanted to use the name Skyfire but it did not pass legal.

A few other names that popped up, Strongarm, Battle Ravage.. and... Starscream. Who is said to be an "Energon Ghost". This design has borrowed from elements of Don's popular War Within design.

And finally. Yes, there will be a female in this line, and yes her name is Arcee. Her alt mode is a motorcycle and she is white with pink highlights.

We will see Megatron and Scorponok later in Magazine articles.

The colors for the various Energon "allegiance" will be as follows: Red=Autobot, Green=Decepticon, and Yellow as its pure form.

One of the first minicon teams appears to be a Starsaber repaint: Yellow in color and called an Energon Saber.

In other news:

20th Anniversary Prime!

Here's the skinny; Die cast parts, rubber tires, light up matrix, and also includes the Energon Axe, Megatron pistol, his blaster and a removable Matrix. The panel on his arm is indeed a wrist communicator with viewscreen that seems to have multiple pictures.

Retail is going to be a Toys R Us exclusive at first, then later to all stores. Price is $75.00 but this is not set in stone with Toys R Us. Release date is due late Jan or early Feb 2004.

And as to whether or not he will have a trailer, Aaron Archer says "This toy is so cool, you will not need a trailer". So no trailer is now confirmed.

Alternators:

These will highly detailed 1/24 scale models with fully transformable and articluate robot modes high in detail and all will be based on a variety of licensed vehciles.

A red Dodge Viper named Sideswipe is confirmed and they did display pictures. The line will be G1 themed, however there is no story in the works. These are simply high end toys. Retail in the US will be $20.00 for Smokescreen, available at all stores (Dec 2003). This is not a limited line and will produced as long as there is demand.

There will be some Armada videos released on minidiscs called "Video Now". These are targeted towards kids and will contain 2 episodes each.

Q&A:

The PS2 G1 game will not be released in the US.

There are no plans for any RPG or CCG from Wizards of the Coast.

The movie is confirmed but do not expect to see it before 2005.

There will be no War Within toys, however, as Energon Starscream illustrates, some elements will be brought into existing lines.

TFU:

There will be a repainted Jetstorm which appears in Skywarp colors. There's a repainted Machine Wars Starscream (red, white and blue) named King Atlas. Depth Charge is something they really enjoy and it is sure to have a very detailed look.

Dreamwave will continue to publish new comics throughout the year

why are armada repaints in energon? Looks like the good ole screamer will be back to normal in energon too. Maybe he's a leader now.

They are NOT repaints, they are remolds. It's because Energon is a continuation of Armada. It's like Primal getting a new body in season 2, yet still resembling his previous mode. They're the same bots, just with some new alterations to their bodies.

Sorry, i posted that a bit quick. I see starscream and hotshot are new mods, great. But the minicon star saber is just a repaint. Makes me wonder how many repaints will be in it.

New Terrorcons Battle Ravage looking really good! I have longed for some new mold BW toys for awhile. The idea of Energon ghost is pretty sweet. So does that mean Starscream will die in the Armada series or something? The female tf is looking really good too, but I hope they can make the toy as sleek and slim as the design looks. I really want to find out how Energon Op look.. if there's Sparkplug in the future Energon line, I will pass the super pants Op for now, and I am pretty sure the Armada Op and Jetfire 2 pack be around retailers for awhile since everybody got the Op and Jetfire when they first came out.

For the TFU line, I really like all the repaint, but I m not gonna get any since I have most of them from BW. But I was wondering, they did brought the Magmatron *from Beast Wars Neo* in the past, why don't they bring Big Convoy and Leo Convoy over as well into the TFU line? They will fit perfectly, what do you guys think?

As the Alt, look impressive. But kinda disppointed that Prime will not get a trailer and it still costing $75. I hope they won't make the trailer in the future and pack with Op and cost another $100. $19.99 is really good price point for the Alt WRX.. etc, every penny is well spent. Is it me or does it look like that the Smokescreen and Sideswipe transformations look a bit similar? The front of the car become legs, side become hands, rear do some twisting and that, become the body and the head...? Also I was thinking, why don't they make the scare to 1:18? Then we can fit the G.I.Joe into them.. that is if any of you collect G.I.Joe...

At 1:18, they'd have to cost a lot more. Also, even at 1:24, those of us hoping for such things as an in scale F-15 or F-22 Starscream are likely out of luck: they'd be over three quarters of a meter long... at 1:18, they'd be over a meter.

Looks like Alternators will have to go strictly cars and trucks, if they want to stay consistent in scale.