I Say This Is The Second Golden Age Of Transformers

Jonathan

Now, technically, perhaps i should call it "the Second Golden Age" or "The Plantnium Age" of transformers but i think the point is made calling it the Silver Age.

Since 1984-1986 was the Golden age i think we can all agree that 2000-? could be called the Silver age for transformers. Think of all of the great things that have happend in the last bunch of years...

-DVD released

-PVC collectables

-Re-issues

-Dreamwave Comics

-T-shirts (One of the best things, IMO)

-TransFourms

-Conventions (There are alot more than just Botcon now)

-Busts, smallest tfs, keychains and piles of other swag,

-A Live Action Movie underway (And all that goes along with such)

-Alternators (Inc. 20th an. Prime and the first Impreza transformer ever!)

-Unicron Figure which is actually cool

-Who knows what's comming next! (Besides Orson... )

Since you've re-started collecting what has been the highlight moment? Was it seeing the Unicron pic and making Mr. Prime angry? The Pat Lee comic was being made? The movie? Meeting Remy? Or was your highlight hearing that (Beastwars/beastmachines/R.I.D/Armada) was ending? ...just kidding.

For me, there are three high points - The Toronto based comic is third, the live action film by X-men producer is second and the highest is the one i heard today - A Subaru WRC is going to be made, but not only that, made with high poseability and detail. What could an Impreza fanatic and transfan ask for more?

EDIT: Changed title

I dunno, I think it's definately the second golden age. We have not seen this much stuff since 84-86, so why have it have to be the silver age? I think 2001-2003 so far has been on par with 84-86 content wise. Sure the show is not to most people's tastes but the amount of content out there and it's popularity now is mind blowing. I never thought I'd see TF's this popular again, it's really cool! So, I'd definately say this is the second golden age!

Actualy, the first heading for this thread was "Second Golden Age"

I should have stuck with my gut.

It's crazy and great and weird seeing tfs big again huh? Who knew this was under the surface!

This time around its better because I'm 25, I have a decent job, and I don't have to keep bugging Mom and Dad to get me Ultramagnus for Christmas. :D

Change it back then.

The UK is definitely hitting gold too. We've got as far as Armada wave 3 now, so the rest of the line is pretty much assured (first releases at least, not sure about powerlinx repaints)

When don got hired for the comics. That was great! All he did was post an armada drawing up & bam a while latter hired :D

Actually this is the best time to be a tf fan. The toys are great, the show has a better story line (G1 had more characters in the show), the comics are vastly superior, re-issues, and the whole PVC and Japanese stuff makes this the best time to be a transfan.

It's great that we are able to be in this part of Transformers history while it's happening. I didn't realize a lot of the stuff back in the 80's as I do now. Then again who would expect me to since I was only a kid then. I will say that it is nice to have a little more money now than I did back then. As a lot of people have already said it is truly a great time to be a Transfan. There's so much to look forward to on the Horizon.

as a kid, i was by no means short of any toys. the truth is, at that age, i just couldn't hunt things down. i can remember thinking to myself that someday i will find a way to get all the TFs i couldn't find. after so many years, that day has finally arrived. when i bought megatron, i felt glad that i didn't buy the one i saw in the store with the torn box and missing accessories. the only time i ever saw him in the store too.

my favorite part is being able to buy starscream now when i never could find him and getting great new transformers like the armada seekers and the 20th prime i agree this is a great time to collect transformers

my favorite part is being able to buy starscream now when i never could find him and getting great new transformers like the armada seekers and the 20th prime i agree this is a great time to collect transformers

Not the biggest Transfan out there, but a minor one none the less... I'm just wishing they'd re-issue Menasor! (The bestest [yes, not a real word, I know] Transformers I ever owned)

Transformers are a lot easier to collect than my current major-collection of G.I.Joes, just because it's not as popular in my area at the moment. I will give today's show credit where it is due... Most of the shows that are coming back from 80s properties are being written by the people who grew up with 'em as kids. (By grew up I mean were in their mid-to-late teens)

-Kevin

I will definitely agree that transformers has gotten it's second wind, but in my opinion it started with the new dreamwave comics, I was thoroughly dissappointed in the rid and armada toys and cartoons, but the new figs comming out(masterpeice prime, alternators), the dvds, and the amazing comics being put out are very exciting. I'll hold back on the movie, though... i'm glad they're attempting it, but i just hope they don't royaly screw it up... i mean, look at the Hulk, that was awful.

I know, i know. Please forgive me. (Actually, i did - Look at the bottem!)

I'm a pretty good when it comes to predicting a movie's quality. I felt that X-men, Men In Black, The Lord Of The Rings, the matrix (far before anyone else knew about it, or cared) were going to be really good movies.

Also, i predicted that Daredevil, Hulk, L.o.E.G. MIB 2, Evolution and terminator 3 were all going to bomb/suck.

The point is i have a positive feeling about this Transformer film. I think that X-men producer will do a good job with Hasbro's baby.