SGT Airborne

JayC

Say it ain't so! Airborn is one of my fav joe characters. I had such High hopes for him. That "Switch Gears" figure sucks major booty and he looks nothing like a para trooper!

I thought that Airborne was the figure to be packed with Tele-Viper and that has not yet been shown. Then the TeleViper two pack was ditched for Wave 8 in favor of Destro and Clutch.

As far as I know, Gears/Switch Gears is still to be packed with CC and that is a picture of him. Airborne has not yet been displayed. Either there was a typo or some other mistake identifying this figure as Airborne.

Least... that's my take on it... however, I have been known to be mistaken... from time to time. ;)

If it is so I have no problem with it. I actually like the figure and with a new coat of paint would look even better. Plus the Ripcord figure we have seen looks better as Ripcord and want him to be that.

Draven

If it is so I have no problem with it. I actually like the figure and with a new coat of paint would look even better. Plus the Ripcord figure we have seen looks better as Ripcord and want him to be that.

Draven

If that figure turns out to be anyone other than Ripcord, I'd be mighty surprised considering its design is based on the DD illustration in Battle Files.

Maaaaan...looks like Wave 8 is getting hit hard with name problems and mix-ups.First Ripcord,then Sgt.Airborne...now Switch Gears may be Airborne!? @WTF@ ahhh well...I can say I'm disappointed,since the initial Ripcord figure we saw at EE was one of my favorite from the line.

Rams head into wall. I was gonna rename him anyways but that name would be STUPID for him. He doesn't look a paratrooper or a sceintist, just a solider.

I like the old style helmets, but all helmets should be able to come off.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! :evil: I can accept the Gears/Airborne thing, but NOT in those colors, and definately not with a WWII HELMET, for the love of all that is holy! :-? This is NOT the way to make your collector market happy, Hasbro (even if you believe we aren't driving the sales of these figures to any reasonable extent). No more silly color combos here, please. BTW, where the H-E double hockey-sticks is Ripcord going to be!?!?!

There's been same great figures that had their helmets molded on, and I think overall looked better because of it. Hit & Run and a majority of Cobra's just to name few.

Some? Yes.

All? No.

Ultimately, it depends on the execution of the design of the helmet.

There's been same great figures that had their helmets molded on, and I think overall looked better because of it. Hit & Run and a majority of Cobra's just to name few.

Some? Yes.

All? No.

Ultimately, it depends on the execution of the design of the helmet.

Cobras, if it covers the whole face, yes! Trooper yes!

But if it's joe only maybe if it covers the whole face

Well don't panic or celebrate yet. I don't raally know what the offical word on this is yet. Thats just what some were refering to him as at the con. When I get any kind of offical word I'll let you know.

very wierd. I hope he stays as Gears.

ME TOO!

i want them to make a 3 3/4 inch airborne just like the new 12'' one they showed at the con! not just rename another figure sgt.airborne just cause they CAN use that name! ya know?

TM

very wierd. I hope he stays as Gears.

ME TOO!

i want them to make a 3 3/4 inch airborne just like the new 12'' one they showed at the con! not just rename another figure sgt.airborne just cause they CAN use that name! ya know?

TM

Me Three! :D

Fine with me if he is Gears. I wonder if he would be the Armor Tech Gears that was a repainted Barricade.

Wave 8 makes my head hurt. :(

well, we shall see in time. Hopefully it will all work out to the best. Plus y'know you guys that play can always rename em.