Jedi Master Points Auction

Bespin refugee

Hasbro has said for the last several years, that they were working on something for the 'points' found on the packaging of Star Wars toys. This week, they announce they are planning 'auctions' to use them for.

I don't like it.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't been buying (and opening) all this stuff just in hopes of getting something else; I saw it as a potential 'bonus'. If they go through with this, I believe that only a few will actually benefit.

Baed on the premise, there should only be a limited number of items available. Those people w/ 1000's of points win, everybody else loses out. (Just like an actual auction, I agree, except points are only limited to options like this) If they had offered an unlimited offer (ie:mail-in), everbody would hve a chance and not feel like all the accumalations were in vain. I don't think I'll be accumulating much more before the 'trial run'

Am I jealous? maybe. Afterr looking around, I've discovered I only have about 350-400 points; most likely not enough to get anything of merit.

I probably won't collect too many more points before the 'trial run' begins in Sept. and Hasbro says not to hold on to them in hopes of a future auction that may never happen. I feel like I've collected these points for nothing. :(

I hope this didn't come off as a 'poor me' speech, I just needed to rant a little. :-?

I can relate to you there, they should be doing a mail in thing not an auction to me it sounds stupid. I threw many points out last summer waiting for them to do something with them, and know I have basically 200 while others as you said have thousands. I agree with you Bespin its stupid (to me at least). This is not a sob story, i'm not jealous, I wish everyone luck on this it's just Hasbro at one time made us think they weren't going to do anything with them and now they are, and as Bespin said this might be the last time so it's stupid ( again,to me at least). Good Luck to Everyone on this!!!!!

Something I forgot to mention, the auctions are only open to US citizens.

How can Hasbro manange to make so many people happy (w/ the new fig picsd) and angry (w/ the auctions) during the same weekend? :-?

Hasbro should have done somethong with these awhile ago. My reasoning that they are offering these auctions is only to say that they finally used the points....but as you all have mentioned only the ones who have thousands of points will benefit. I have thousnds of points but I keep my figs carded so I cant really use them. Two things can come from this:

First they are only doing this to "satisfy" collectors who have been asking about this for years and in this auction manner they can recover many of the points back without giving up much and may never offer anything again as far as points go. Second they may have something in the future but would like to secure a lot of the points in a few auctions so that not as many people have millions of points later for promos. Either way its not the greatest way of doing things

is that it or are there going to be more figures. i already have a platinum r2.

those are just the ones they mentioned at SDCC. I'm certain that there will be more than that.

what are the figures hasbro is planning on letting jedi points be used for? i know one of the figures is jorg sacul.

This is taken directly from the Hasbro site....

We are still finalizing what will be auctioned on the site, but we will have hard-to-find items like Jorg Sacul, Toy Fair Darth Vader and the R2-D2 Astromech Droid.

• 1 month later...

From TNI and The Hasbro website:

Sep 15, 2003

Republic News

Jedi Master Points Update

The final details for our Jedi Master Points program are almost in place! We expect the program to launch the beginning of October and we will get back to you shortly as to when the information will be posted on our website www.starwars.hasbro.com.

Stay tuned!

This is only for the "Jedi Master Points", used since late '98/early 99; before that, they used UPC's.

Its about a month away and my interest in SW perked up. Unlike the last few years, I've actually started to find the figures I wanted. This is good so now I can build up on the Jedi points. Now here comes the auction with the points. How many do you have?

500 and counting (as soon as I get my car to drive around town).

I just counted all my saved cardbacks from opened figures today:

2200 pts

that is not including all the vehicle points (which are stored in multiple boxes throught the closets) and the figures I haven't opened due to lack of room at the moment. Probably at least another 1000 or so there....

Not much I want really. All I need at the currently is the &*&% green clone trooper 3 pack! Keep missing that one...

doubt that will be offered though.

Pardon me for being thick or missing the boat but are you saying that with the points on the packaging we can actually use them for something good now? Please tell me more!

oh dear, i dont like that idea at all, and also how would it operate? would they ship worldwide, is it on ebay.com and .co.uk?

I'm not cutting my packages anyway.

I have over 3000 jedi points!!! That's too many figures! :)

That's not including the first couple of series of figures which did not have any points in the proof of purchases...is each one of these also going to be counted as 10 jedi points?

What is being offered for by the way?

Pardon me for being thick or missing the boat but are you saying that with the points on the packaging we can actually use them for something good now? Please tell me more!

Here is the original story:

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.hea.../dn/default.cfm

here is the latest update:

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.hea.../dn/default.cfm

Yes you have to open the stuff to use the points

Sith, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, from what I've heard, it may only be available in the US.

I haven't counted my points for a few weeks, but, I don't think I have more than about 500 points, which probably won't work in my favor. :(

2200? 3000? Holy sht! I'm behind. Waaaaaay behind. Time to hit the stores and get all the cool stuff. Mna, I'm going to be poor after this.

And no, its not for the points, its just now all the stuff I've been waiting on is just getting out of storage in my TRUs and Targets.

As or whats being offered, Hasbro has mentioned they would offer some older figs from POTF2, and maybe some Con exclusives like Jorge Sacul. Thats whats been talked about anyways.

Y'know, for the last four or five years, I've just bought stuff and stored it away since I have no room to display any of it in my apartment save for a few figures here and there. So in light of the new announcement, I should be in good shape since I've kept EVERYTHING in the package! I was gonna open it up later anyway, that is when I actually got a house that had a room I could display it all in. I guess I'll be opening some of it up early. I have absolutely no idea how many Jedi Points I have racked up. It never occurred to me to pay attention to how many points I may have since they never had any offers to redeem them with. Cool!

It's a great announcement that coincides with my renewed interest in Star Wars stuff. I've just not been able to find ANYTHING lately! I had looked all summer for the Lama Su wave, and there was nothing. So my interest had waned as of late. I did recently just find the Secret Ceremony Anakin, the Geonosian Escape Darth Tyranus, and the Acklay Battle Obi-Wan. But I've looked forever and a day for new figures. I went to a toy show back in May, and I saw all of the newer Saga figures. But since they were of course going for inflated prices, I passed assuming I'd see them in stores for retail in a week or two. I assumed wrong. That was May, and I just found the figures I mentioned about two weeks ago! I finally got so frustrated I broke down and ordered a set of figures from both Wave 13 and 14 from Entertainment Earth.com. Also, to stoke the fires of frustration for me further, I went to my local Wal-Mart tonight, and they STILL have just Wave 1(!) Saga figures on the pegs, and there's just a few of them at that! I asked a worker that worked in toys when she thought they might get new ones, and she gave me the standard (read: insulting to a toy collector) reply that that's all they had, and unless they got a Christmas display in soon, that's all they would have for a while. People, there's like six or seven friggin' Wave 1 Saga figures hanging there. You can't tell me someone's dropping the ball somewhere! But anyway...

The lack of availability concerning Star Wars figures this summer had dulled my interest, but lately it's picked back up, and I'm looking forward to catching up from here on out. Sorry I kinda got off the subject there y'all...

22566-new_asthanos.gif

I haven't checked it regularly for a while, but, one of Wal-Marts has had 8 pegs of Palpatine since Christmas/ first of the year.

Now, they have had new stuff also, I've seen the "Trash Compactor' sets, Anakin/Tyrannus/ Boba Fett, among others; but, when I checked it last week,...8 pegs of Palpy @rolleye@ [the leftover Nexu's and Cantina sets (and their accompanying layerof dust) were moved to the clearance aisle.]

Meanwhile I've used KB's $2 sale to my advantage; I've been able to get most of the figs w/ backgrounds and fill in my Arena dio. :) As long as their sale continues, I'll keep adding to my army...

Dont worry bespin i kinda had a feeling the uk would be left behind again....:( i dont really want to open/ruin my packages anyway. if i go mad for whatever reason and do then i'll send you my points or something. cheerz.