So have you all had a good time this week???????????

JayC

I know it wasn't the same as acutally being at the SDCC, but I tried to create an environment this week were not only could you get the news and pics but also have some fun while doing it. The forum section and give-aways were ideas I came up with to try and enhance your all's time here, and I was just wondering what you all thought. About everything. The updates, the pics, the contests ect ect.

Now I know alot of you have been wondering if we were going to give-away a SDCC Keldor or Batman figure? Well I have good news and bads news in that regard. The bad news is not this weekend. I came up with the idea of the contest kinda at the last min and had to try and whip up some good prizes. Those two figures were ones I tried to get but could not get a 100% confirmation on so untill that happens I don't feel I can commit them to you all.

The good news is I do feel pretty confident I will get some of these to give-away, so you guy will most likely get a chance at winning these guys in the weeks to come. Very likely we will come up with something to give them away durning next months Wizard World Convention coverage. I will keep you guys updated in the weeks to come on that. I do hope you all enjoyed the stuff we did give-away this weekend.

As for this forum section I am glad to see it has become fairly popular and like to see people who normally come here to talk about one particular toyline branching out some and talking about other things. Thats pretty much what these boards are all about. Giving you an opportunity to be exposed to a large veriety of cool toys and stuff and not just one particular brand like normally happens at fan specific sites. I don't think keeping the section open all the time is a good thing though. I think people would get bored of it and loose interest. It would also take away from the other sections. But look for it to come back for other big events. Probably next month for Wizard World.

Well the coverage still isn't over. Should have another big batch of pics coming in later tonight and we may get in one more drawing before the day is over but I would be interested in hearing what you all thought about your experience here over the last few days and whether it was a positive or negative one.

Thanks,

Jay

Eventho I didn't win anything, I had a fun time! It was great cheering everyone on and seeing all these cool people winning prizes. I can't wait for the next one, this one was a total blast :)

It was really cool of you to get prizes and hand them out for free like that, thanks a lot man! The coverage of the convention was really good too, some of the best pics around! you rule :)

The pics owned all. Great coverage, especially since this is the first time I really payed attention to SDCC. Awesome job Jay. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I've had barely any sleep due to the contest, and no winning for me either. :cry: Still, congrats to the people who DID win, and again, great coverage Jay. Can't wait for next year. :lol:

well jay i have to say despite, drinking untill my bladder burst and not sleeping well, i had a good time. It was nice to see people get along, cause sometimes we all need a little getting used too. I also liked how the chatroom finally got used, and sure i'm a little let down cause was alseep, but i'm not gonna lose sleep over it, get it SLEEP hahahahah i'll be here all week tip your waitresses and for heavens' sakes try the veal. And the coverage was great, you guys were first, and probably the best. There was some stuff that was a bit of a diaapointment from toybiz, but overall it was great, here's to Wizard World

Had a blast here JayC, good coverage and lots of fun banter back and forth.

The pix have been great, revealing lots of cool items, the updates frequent enough to make visiting the board a hourly venture.

If there were criticisms, it would be in the give-away contest rules.

One thing that is not clear is on the posting points. Many folks believe you need to post JUST ONCE to be eligible, others thought that multiple posts stacked the odds in their favour.

I agree that always quality over quantity should be the prefered order of the day--clarification might have made some minor burps not happen.

Jay, you must have worked your bollocks off this weekend, my thank to you for the forums and the efforts you put into it.

Its been apreciated by this ADC fan.

--Ken

This has been fun, I really fun time, i came in here Hoping to win prizes, but i found that the threads and posts and topics are just as good, its has been fun and a very interesting week, congrats to all the people that won, and looking forward to next year :D

What can I say? I originaly started posting in hopes to win something :roll: but you can't really blame me for that :wink: . How ever even thought I have not won anything I have still had fun!! & the attitude of the people here is great!

+ you guys didn't ignore me!! I have asked for you to try & get some of blades bike & you have try to! Which is great since I'm just a joe shome newbe :)-

I normaly avoid forms like these due bicering fanbases I'm sure yall know what I'm talking about :) . The only other forms I post on is the heman.org site 8) But I think I'm gona stick around here even after the sdcc is done

Jay,

Personally I had an absolute blast during the whole SDCC coverage. I have been a member here for a bit yet I don't think that I have ever seen so many of us here talking toys and surprisingly getting along for the most part.

The coverage was top notch. The pics were great. And yes, it almost did feel like I was there. The excitement of the forum contests and awaiting the pics was great! Plus winning something made it even better!

I am ready for next months Wizard World Con.

Thanks Jay! You are the man and I truly appreciate everything you do in getting us the news.

Rob

Well.. Jayc.. I know you have been waiting for my opinion the most :lol:

Okay.. first off, the coverage was great. Especially the pics. but I felt that one area of coverage that might have been lacking was actuall information about products. We had all these pics.. but we don't know released dates or prices on some items.. not that might just be because that info wasn't released.. but alot of us were asking each other those questions all week. Still, it was great to learn about items that we would normally have to wait forever to get peaks at.. and I am sure that you will add all the information you have on the regular front page, as you always do.. So maybe I am just being ##$%$#ed from being sleep deprived.

second.. the contests.. this is really the coolest promotion that I have ever seen any website have. It was great because it was totally random. Not only did we not know who would be picked, but we didn't know when, or what the prize would be.. And I did like the 1 hour time limit, even though I missed mine. it made us feel that we had to stick to your site 24 7, which I have basically done! Whether you bought these prizes yourself, or somebody donated them.. it is totally generous of you to offer them to us. My one complaint about it.. is the time frame was too vague. we had from Wednsday to Sunday at 7pm eastern.. but it would have been nice if you would have stated flat out, "okay, I am going to bed now, there will be no more drawings tonight." So the die-hards could have taken a break at least once a night.

all in all.. thanks.. we do know how much work you put into this weekend, and how much you put into this website everyday. It was alot of fun and exciting. Your efforts are appreciated by us all. Except newbies. :wink:

but quick! have like 4 more drawings to give away all the prizes that weren't claimed! :lol:

As one of those lucky enough to have won a prize, I certainly enjoyed myself.

As I've said elsewhere, the ADC coverage of SDCC was much more enjoyable than any of the other sites I go to. JayC practically had play-by-play, whereas the other sites were all post-game shows.

The random timing on the contests certainly kept people on their toes (though it sucks for the people who missed their call), and the prizes were great.

Pics were excellent (to be honest, I've seen some pics as good, or better, on other sites, but hours or even a day after JayC had his up: we'd all finished disecting the figures by the time any other sites even let people know they existed).

the week for me personally was good and bad here.i did get to talk to some cool people here about toys n stuff. the pictures here were 100% cool as sh...... here.i just wish that the contest wouldn't cause you a prize here if you have to work for a living.overall, i had a good time here w/ all of you here.

Even though I didn't win anything this has been won of the BEST weekends of my life. It's been fun seeing new pics of Toy Biz products and talking to you guys................I think I'm gonna cry :( ..... :D

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the new toys JayC :wink:

P.S.- You are one hell of photographer............watch out Peter Parker you got some competition behind ya :lol:

It's been a great week. Not only was there lots of Batman news, as promised, but tons of new stuff as well...And new lines to get into. Not to mention I've met a lot of new faces...And maybe even made some friends along the way... :cry: I promised myself I wouldn't cry :cry:...Seriously though, thanks for bringing even more excitement to SDCC week, JayC. And thanks you guys for keeping it interesting :wink: !!!

@bat1@

And special thanks to all those who PMed and emailed the contest winners. May your rewards be Karmatic. :D

I sure did! :D It was sure a painfull wait for the toybiz coverage but in the end I'm really glad that I waited cause I saw some really awesome stuff that is gonna make my wallet explode! @*- Though I was alittle dissapointed when I wasn't able to claim my zipline batman because I was at a restruant during the hour! :evil:

Thanks JayC for hosting this forum!! Even though I didn't win anything, I'm glad to have exchaned ideas and information with the fellow fanboys. Being a part of ADCC and bidding on exclusives on ebay, or possibly winning something on these boards, is a good replacement for attending the convention. Unfortunately with work and TKD I don't get a chance to post on a regular basis, but it's fun nonetheless.

Thanks again and good luck!!

:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang:

@cheers@ @cheers@ @cheers@ @cheers@ @cheers@ @cheers@ @cheers@ @cheers@

@ThumbUp@ @ThumbUp@ @ThumbUp@ @ThumbUp@ @ThumbUp@ @ThumbUp@ @ThumbUp@

@candle@ @candle@@candle@@candle@@candle@@candle@@candle@@candle@@candle@

Gotta love those Empticons...

I had a blast this weekend! Saw some great upcoming product, chatted with some cool people and was chosen for a prize! (that never happens to me just ask the radio station! :wink: ) Let's do it again soon!! And seriously great coverage Jay!! Loved the pics (still lovin em!) and you kept the server from crashing the whole weekend! (with all the traffic I was afraid the board would be down half the time but that didn't happen!) The only thing you might consider doing is offering a late night prize for those of us crazy enough to stay up all night long! (but you've gotta sleep so maybe that's not going to happen...just a thought)

Anyway, great work and thumbs up all the way Jay!! I salute you sir!