Stunt Daredevil with Swing and Spin Attack Action

Asst 7 (described as such in Toy Biz press release at Toy Fair):

Peter Parker Spider-Man with Punching Action and Removable Mask

Flip & Zip Spider-Man with Catapulting & Web Climbing Action

Shoot & Grab Spider-Man with Magnetic Web Trapping Action

Green Goblin with Projectile Launching Glider

Asst 8?

Spidey, Spidey, Ally, Enemy?

Yeah it's definitly 8 because I think lots of people forget about series 3 and which gets thhe entire think srewed up! @*-

Anyway I like series 6 and if series 8 is the same formula then that will rock cause I will get another villian,an ally and hopefully a awesome spider-man! :)-

Actually it's series 10 because you can't forge series 1 and 2 with Man-Spider Venom and Rhino

Those were Series I and II of Spider-Man Classics.

The assortments I listed above are Assortments 1 through 7 of Spider-Man.

Two seperate lines. SC ended a year before Spider-Man started, or thereabouts, and the Spider-Man line started with 1 again. Classics came with bases and comics, and were packaged in plastic clamshells, while Spider-Man comes with accessories and gadgets, with no comics, and are packaged on a blister card.

Marvel Select is a compilation toyline of both Diamond Select and Toybiz done in a completely different scale than Marvel Legends. The figures are in a 7 inch scale, where as Marvel Legends, Spider-Man and X-Men/Hulk Classics are all in 6 inch. Saying that they can't make a Black Cat in Spider-Man is like saying they can't make a Silver Surfer Marvel Legend because they already have one in the Mini-mates, or they can't make an Ultimate Nick Fury because they made a bust of him.

...why do I feel like a broken record?

Villains I'd like:

Burglar

Electro

Scorpion

Vulture

Mysterio

Allies:

Black Cat

Dr. Strange

J. Jonah Jameson

...and that's about it, I guess.

Also, just because venal likes it, doesn't mean the rest of us want it, eh?

As much as I've enjoyed what little they've managed to publish of Smith and the Dodson's little miniseries, there have been other costumes worn by the Black Cat, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing one of those. Given that she fought along side Spidey for a while, it would be nice to have a Cat that could actually achieve a fighting pose. ;)

Actually it's series 10 because you can't forge series 1 and 2 with Man-Spider Venom and Rhino

Those were Series I and II of Spider-Man Classics.

The assortments I listed above are Assortments 1 through 7 of Spider-Man.

Two seperate lines. SC ended a year before Spider-Man started, or thereabouts, and the Spider-Man line started with 1 again. Classics came with bases and comics, and were packaged in plastic clamshells, while Spider-Man comes with accessories and gadgets, with no comics, and are packaged on a blister card.

I still think it's basically the same thing

Some people insist on seeing them as the same thing, but then complaining about the drastic change between them: the reason there's such a big difference is because they're seperate things.

The Classics was skewed more towards the comics reader, as Spider-Man was not a presence in other media at the time.

Then, they ended the line to make room for the movie line.

After the movie, they started up the current Spider-Man line, and correctly realizing that kids would once again be wanting Spidey, skewed the line more towards kids, by putting in action features and play accessories, instead of the more adult display bases and old-school comic reprints.

Are the figures in the same scale, and can one easily blend together displays of Spider-Man Classics I and II, various figures from various assortments of Spider-Man, Marvel Legends figs, and now X-Men and Hulk Classics? Sure. However, several of the Spider-Man figs would look entirely out of place, either due to sacrificing looks for an action feature, or being a scaled up under-articulated and semi-posed 5" sculpt, or because like Manga Spidey or the assortment 7 figs they're done in a specific artist's style, instead of a generic style.

The way I look at it, anytime a collector whines that Spider-Man has lots of Spider-variants in the line are being extremely selfish. We, collectors, get Marvel Legends. It is clearly aimed for the most part at collectors, with chase figures, classic comics, bases, no action features, etc. Spider-Man is the exact opposite of that, and aimed at kids. But on top of that, Toybiz throws us an extra couple of bones by giving us characters like Daredevil and so many villains in the Spider-Man line. So there are collector-aimed figures in the kids line, but no kid-aimed figures in the collector line.... and collectors still complain?

I agree with you 1337R8 , but I think TB has made the mistake of removing Spidey characters completely from Marvel Legends. That leaves collectors looking at the kids line and critisizing it. I just hope they dont do the same thing with Hulk/X-men classics.