A Use For Jedi Master Points

JayC

It was announced at the SDCC today that Hasbro will be offering star wars items for sale on eBay. But here's the catch. You won't use cash to buy these things, instead you will use Jedi Master Points. You will bid on items using Jedi Master ppoints that can be found on the back of Star Wars figures and vehicles. The new program will start in September and they will try the system out for a 3 month trial period. Apprently s/h will be included so you will pay no cash. They promise no peg-warmer stuff either. It was hinted you would be able to get things like the George Sagul and Toy Fair Vader figures along with things like a Genoshian Playset packaged with figures and such. So if you have been saving those points all those years now will be the time when it just might finally pay off.

Thats odd... Do they have like a buy it now or can other people bid on you're crud? If its buy it now at retail price thats very cool. If not it blows

That's pretty cool. The best one would be the Imperial Shuttle...I know it's unlikely, but it'd be a great reward for people who have spent lots of money buying Hasbro's figures and vehicles over the years.

But yeah, will it be bidding or buy it now? :-?

My only problem with this is it will just help make the last joe smuck aware of ebay & toys :( Oh well no more finding toys at markets or garagesales for me :-?

I gave up on finding toys at garage sales/flea markets at good prices a long while ago. Nothing good there anymore and if a flea market has it, it's very likely through the roof price wise.

I'd LOVE to be able to get an Imperial Shuttle with Jedi Master Points. It would make saving a bunch of packages for 6 or 7 years a little less than totally pointless. :wink:

If they offered an imperial shuttle on ebay for points, there's no way you'll be able to compete with comic shops that have thousands of StarWars figures collecting dust on the racks. They don't have to worry about openning the toys because no one is buying them and they can basically write them off, while selling the traded item for top $$$.

I know a few shops in New York that's just wasting space housing those worthless (in dollars) Star Wars figures.

Also can you imagine how crazy people will be bidding, since no money will be involved?

If they offered an imperial shuttle on ebay for points, there's no way you'll be able to compete with comic shops that have thousands of StarWars figures collecting dust on the racks.  They don't have to worry about openning the toys because no one is buying them and they can basically write them off, while selling the traded item for top $$$.

I know a few shops in New York that's just wasting space housing those worthless (in dollars) Star Wars figures.  

Also can you imagine how crazy people will be bidding, since no money will be involved?

aH but there is, you need to buy figures to start with :-? I hope they make it buy it now or something

Actually, the way the announcement reads the auctions will be through the official Star Wars website. Not eBay. This sounds logical, especially since they say you'll have to be an officially registered member of www.starwars.com .

I'm of mixed feelings on this. On one side, I'd like to see something a bit...more substantial, I guess. On the other side of things, at least we won't need receipts. :lol: [/code]

I think it started with maybe the commtechs? Maybe as far back as the freeze frames? I'm not sure off hand. I do have a ton of them, I just need to find them. I never did get a Jorge Sacul.

i had a ton of them at one point here. now i have about maybe 200 or more of jedi points . i hope that i can atleast get something cool there to add to my collection here.