Possible DCD lines based on Batman DK Returns and Hush story

levere

From www.aftimes.com:

I wouldn't be surprised, based on what was said (during the DC Direct panel), to see a Jim Lee "Hush" assortment, and a Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns assortment of Batman, Robin, Joker, and Superman.

These would be incredible figures. Just imagine a Batman line the same quality as the current Superman line.

Don't mean to complain, but I would've liked to see the 4H rendition of The Dark Knight Returns. :)-

I wouldnt, because mattel would F#*$ it up with a cloth cape and shitty ass paint job and shitty qualtiy plastic

From www.aftimes.com:

I wouldn't be surprised, based on what was said (during the DC Direct panel), to see a Jim Lee "Hush" assortment, and a Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns assortment of Batman, Robin, Joker, and Superman.

These would be incredible figures. Just imagine a Batman line the same quality as the current Superman line.

Awesome! If they did make a DKR line, I'd hope it gets at least two waves the way Kingdom Come has, with the second wave including a final battle armor Batman, the Mutant Leader, Harvey Dent, and either Commissioner Gordon or a battle-damaged Batman from the fight with the Mutants. I mean, it is one of the most popular and influential comics of all time, I think it deserves some great figures. :D

I´m a Batman fan, and i really want almost everything related to Batman (upcoming DCD stuff) but they are only available thru direct market...darn, i wish i live in the States...no comic shops here

Jim Lee's Batman certainly isn't my favourite modern take, and I'd be a bit disappointed if it took the spot of a modern Batman in the line-up, but I'd probably get it anyway. Either that, or wait for the predictable JLA repaint with black cape and cowl.

But if they do a Hush wave or two, I'd get my Darwyn Cooke design Catwoman. :)-

From DKR, I'd almost certainly pick up Bats if he was from the second half of the series (in the early parts, he wore the blue/grey, with the yellow oval around the bat... after that got thrashed, he went to my preferred black/grey, no oval look). I'd probably skip the Superman-fight armour version if they did that, but I can imagine a lot of fan demand for that version.

well, i like it a lot

just take a look at the hush statue

imagine if it was a figure...

it's good, but I dont like the blue. the black looks alot better

well, i like it a lot

just take a look at the hush statue

imagine if it was a figure...

I'm just not that big of a Jim Lee fan. All his characters, Cyclops, Wolvie, Batman, Superman, look like they have the same body, just vary the heights and slap on different heights. No real differences in their builds.

And I don't even really like the one build he does draw.

Also, I much prefer Bats wearing black instead of blue, and if he does where the blue, I prefer a much darker one than the Lee version uses.

Still, if they just use Lee's general design for the costume, and don't try and sculpt it in his specific style, then I'd give it a chance, particularly if they did the JLA repaint I mention.